Linlithgow Rose 2017-18

Auld Heid

1 minute ago, th1stleandr0se said:

I was at the Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale v Kelty showdown at Saughton a couple of weeks back and it looked like you were going to miss out on promotion which would have been ridiculous in a season when you were demolishing the opposition week after week.  Yes, LTHV deserved promotion as well but with only one team up and Bonnyrigg et al joining the fray, you could have been trapped in that league for years while still dishing out hammerings most weeks.  That's not what a pyramid is about.

Open up the doors and let teams find their levels, even at an accelerated rate for a few seasons to address the imbalances in the leagues.

What your describing I would strongly think will be fixed for this coming season.

We were fairly quick in our decision last year and caught the LL and EOS where rules couldn’t suddenly be changed and nor would we ever ask, their promotion/relegation rules/places were the 1 place play off due to only a few clubs being Licenced at tier 6.

Now there’s a massive change at tier 6 and I’d fully trust the guys running the LL and EOS to get it right for all clubs involved and also for the pyramid so it flows exactly like it should so clubs can find there level on merit.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/17/2018 at 00:06, GordonS said:

I can foresee a possible future in which we're in a league with Edusport Academy, Cumbernauld Colts, BSC "Glasgow", East Kilbride, Bonnytoun Thistle, Edinburgh Uni and Stirling Uni and getting much lower gates for those games than we do in the Superleague. I can see us taking far fewer supporters to those away games than we normally do, because with the possible exceptions of Edinburgh Uni and EK they'll have less atmosphere than a game up at that freezing ground at Carluke in January. Midweek. At 3am. In a blizzard.

In the realm of all possible outcomes, are you saying that this isn't even possible?

BTW, I was at a Bonnytoun Thistle cup match a couple of weeks ago. There were 12 spectators, and other than me I think they were all only there because they're friends and family of players. I have huge respect for what Bonnytoun do in developing young players but that's not something I want to pay to watch. 

Looking at the benefits and risks I think we ought to go too, and as soon as possible. But saying that there is NO REASON to favour staying is a bit of an insult to those who see it differently. I'm hoping for a more respectful debate than that. 

Out of interest, what do you think our crowds, home or away would be like with the following (Super)league? 

Linlithgow 
Broxburn 
Dundonald 
Lochee 
Broughty 
Sauchie 
Carnoustie 
Nitten 
Kennoway 
Forfar 
Fauldhouse 
Tayport 
Dunbar 
St Andrews 
Thornton 
Glenrothes 

29 minutes ago, GlamourBaws said:

Out of interest, what do you think our crowds, home or away would be like with the following (Super)league? 

Linlithgow 
Broxburn 
Dundonald 
Lochee 
Broughty 
Sauchie 
Carnoustie 
Nitten 
Kennoway 
Forfar 
Fauldhouse 
Tayport 
Dunbar 
St Andrews 
Thornton 
Glenrothes 

Lochee, Nitten and Fauldhouse might bring 50 odd each - the rest 100 between them.

43 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

Lochee, Nitten and Fauldhouse might bring 50 odd each - the rest 100 between them.

Not even as confident that Lochee, Nitten and Fauldhouse would even bring as much.

With the exception of Bo'ness, Bonnyrigg and Kirkintilloch  I don't think I have been at a game where Linlithgow didn't make up 80/90% of the crowd

1 hour ago, GlamourBaws said:

Linlithgow 
Broxburn 
Dundonald 
Lochee 
Broughty 
Sauchie 
Carnoustie 
Nitten 
Kennoway 
Forfar 
Fauldhouse 
Tayport 
Dunbar 
St Andrews 
Thornton 
Glenrothes 

Plus all these lovely places where you could make a weekend of an away match:- Lochee,Broughty,Carnoustie,  Forfar,Tayport, Dunbar, St Andrews.  And in the winter time Broxburn, Dundonald, Sauchie, Nitten,  Kennoway, Fauldhouse, Thornton& Glenrothes.

Am sure you will take coach loads of fans to these away matches and help your hosts coffers.

2 hours ago, GlamourBaws said:

Linlithgow 
Broxburn 
Dundonald 
Lochee 
Broughty 
Sauchie 
Carnoustie 
Nitten 
Kennoway 
Forfar 
Fauldhouse 
Tayport 
Dunbar 
St Andrews 
Thornton 
Glenrothes 

I would love to know just how many games GordonS has attended this season home and away and what he actually knows about these teams if he thinks this is a good product ! 

20 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

Totally agree that the bigger risk is staying.  What we have now is all but finished with the teams who are moving - Bo'ness would be the final nail.

Whitburn are a pale shadow of themselves as a result of staying whilst others around  left.   Playing them now would be just another fixture.  At least moving  opens up new challenges and new rivals.

Yer bang on auld heid :thumsup2

Whitburn are a pale shadow of themselves,yeah they hav a reasonable home support and a good away support for a non-league side plus a lot of work has been done to Central Park.....,wee seated stand,new changing rooms,new section of terracing and new gates all on the main street side. On the other side though its non too pretty,the old covered enclosure is in urgent need of a revamp,its still got wooden sleepers as steps and rocky slabs to stand on!!

Away from the ground the committee are probably as close to an east ayrshire way of thinking than any other club in West Lothian,they dissied the super league when it was set-up and were left floundering about in the wee league for 5yrs after they realised they had boo booed !!

Now its deja vu once again,at least lithgae voted for the idea of  pyramid inclusion unlike whitburn :blink:.

I remember well growing up the great tussles between the rose and the burnie,they were always great competitive games played out in front of good crowds,sadly that is no longer the case and times are changing.

I think lithgae hav a great set-up,good fanbase and its a crackin toon tae visit for a couple of beers pre-match,hopefully one day they take their place in the pyramid and who knows how far they can go,would love to see a Livi v Lithgae derby one day :thumsup2.

Linlithgow kick off next season with a visit from Hibs on 30th June to help them prepare for Europe. Great to see a club like Hibs wanting to come to Linlithgow for this sort of game.

2 minutes ago, HTG said:

Linlithgow kick off next season with a visit from Hibs on 30th June to help them prepare for Europe. Great to see a club like Hibs wanting to come to Linlithgow for this sort of game.

It's the maroon that attracts them.

32 minutes ago, HTG said:

Are we allowed to play friendlies that early

We will show them 'Natural Order'

HTG

Archived