Linlithgow Rose 2017-18

Auld Heid

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

Until we have an AGM or EGM I don't think you will hear anything. The members have to decide - not the committee.

The time for an EGM was a month ago.  AGM alone may not be enough to change some vociferous but blinkered opinions - to many still have the 1958 mentality.  Heard there was suggestion on Saturday we could hold another Prize Bingo to replace the Bonnyrigg gate. (Our biggest gate of the season?)

On 25/03/2018 at 21:01, Deanburn Dave said:

As usual great camera work by young Ben ................just a pity that the microphone picks up all the shouts from a stand which appears to be full of Shankly,  Fergie and Mourinho wannabees.

There is no way I am going to criticise young Ben for the excellent job that he does in promoting his club and junior football in general.

But there is always a but. I watched his highlights from the Battle of the Roses last weekend and my observations were:-

1) The highlights if I remember were about 17minutes which seemed less than highlights of previous matches he has produced this year 

2) He interviewed Bradley before the match as he missed him the week before.

3) There was an advert at half time can’t say I have seen him do that in previous highlights productions.

4) He interviewed Bradley at the end of the game and Bradley actually gave the opposition some credit( a rare occurrence this season).

So less time to encounter the pain of a Lithgae defeat.

5 hours ago, bravehearts dad said:

There is no way I am going to criticise young Ben for the excellent job that he does in promoting his club and junior football in general.

But there is always a but. I watched his highlights from the Battle of the Roses last weekend and my observations were:-

1) The highlights if I remember were about 17minutes which seemed less than highlights of previous matches he has produced this year 

2) He interviewed Bradley before the match as he missed him the week before.

3) There was an advert at half time can’t say I have seen him do that in previous highlights productions.

4) He interviewed Bradley at the end of the game and Bradley actually gave the opposition some credit( a rare occurrence this season).

So less time to encounter the pain of a Lithgae defeat.

I don't usually post on here but I'd thought I'd give some answers to your points raised.

1) The Kirkintilloch and Penicuik games which Linlithgow both Lost recently are well over 17 mins with the Rob Roy game being 22 mins and the Penicuik 19 minutes. 

2) I wasn't at the Hill of Beath game so I didn't interview Mark. The reason why I interview him before the game to catch up with him and his thoughts as I wasn't at the game last week.

3) The advert was for an upcoming media project I'm doing for my Higher Media at school. I've done this same thing on two previous occasions.

The first time being to promote my at the time new film 'LinLithgow' Link below.

And the second time being the game against Tayport back in November (which Linlithgow won) and again this was for a film I was promoting at the time. Link below

4) I only ask Mark the questions I believe relevant to the game or at the time. How Mark responds is up to Mark. Some interviews last longer than others.

Hope this answers any questions you have.

I don't usually post on here but I'd thought I'd give some answers to your points raised.
1) The Kirkintilloch and Penicuik games which Linlithgow both Lost recently are well over 17 mins with the Rob Roy game being 22 mins and the Penicuik 19 minutes. 
2) I wasn't at the Hill of Beath game so I didn't interview Mark. The reason why I interview him before the game to catch up with him and his thoughts as I wasn't at the game last week.
3) The advert was for an upcoming media project I'm doing for my Higher Media at school. I've done this same thing on two previous occasions.
The first time being to promote my at the time new film 'LinLithgow' Link below.
[/url]  
And the second time being the game against Tayport back in November (which Linlithgow won) and again this was for a film I was promoting at the time. Link below
4) I only ask Mark the questions I believe relevant to the game or at the time. How Mark responds is up to Mark. Some interviews last longer than others.

Well said.

Another top notch effort on Saturday despite the result.

On 3/25/2018 at 00:38, Red Rose said:

Stroll in the park for the big rose today. I’d be a bit worried if I was a wee rose fan. 

An unnecessarily negative view.

Lithgae are going well this year, I didn't think it was possible that they could become so competitive in the league so quickly given the state the squad was in last season. I wasn't disappointed with their performance on Saturday, but I was impressed with Bonnyrigg. They were sharp up  front, and in the period in the second half when the home side were in control I thought they were very well organised and disciplined. That sort of shape and composure without the ball is very rare below league level. In a way the score didn't reflect the gap between the teams, but that's often what happens when a team is so good out of possession and takes their chances when they come. You've got a good side there, be proud of them instead of having a pop at others :thumsup2

[/url]  

Doing a great job mate as does vinny at bonnyrigg.

40 minutes ago, GordonS said:

An unnecessarily negative view.

Lithgae are going well this year, I didn't think it was possible that they could become so competitive in the league so quickly given the state the squad was in last season. I wasn't disappointed with their performance on Saturday, but I was impressed with Bonnyrigg. They were sharp up  front, and in the period in the second half when the home side were in control I thought they were very well organised and disciplined. That sort of shape and composure without the ball is very rare below league level. In a way the score didn't reflect the gap between the teams, but that's often what happens when a team is so good out of possession and takes their chances when they come. You've got a good side there, be proud of them instead of having a pop at others :thumsup2

You didn’t think Linlithgow would be competitive this year( Really )  

13 minutes ago, Sheep77 said:

You didn’t think Linlithgow would be competitive this year( Really )  

No, I didn't think they'd be able to bring in enough players of the right standard, who would settle quickly enough, to be contenders. I thought the rebuild needed was too big and there's always a risk bringing players in that some won't perform as well as they did before (eg Malone). 

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php?/topic/236247-linlithgow-rose-20162017/&page=57&tab=comments#comment-11363048

Biggest decision coming up in the Club’s history whether to stay in or leave the Juniors.

The decision will be taken by the members of the club not the committee at an egm.

Does the club constitution have any rules on how the egm is run?  Do members have to be present to vote? is proxy voting allowed?  What majority is required to effect change?

Like Brexit the Junior world is divided on this issue.  The difference is that if the majority of clubs leave there will be little left for the others with each region down to 2 divisions leaving the top tier of the regions half filled with smaller clubs with little support or ambition.

if Bo’ness and Bonnyrigg go Lithgae might well be champions next season!  But of what value and more visits to Dundee and Perthshire to look forward to.   With regret therefore I think that the Rose ought to follow the others by joining the senior ranks.  My post on the Talbot website today illustrates the benefits of doing so.

Biggest decision coming up in the Club’s history whether to stay in or leave the Juniors.
The decision will be taken by the members of the club not the committee at an egm.
Does the club constitution have any rules on how the egm is run?  Do members have to be present to vote? is proxy voting allowed?  What majority is required to effect change?
Like Brexit the Junior world is divided on this issue.  The difference is that if the majority of clubs leave there will be little left for the others with each region down to 2 divisions leaving the top tier of the regions half filled with smaller clubs with little support or ambition.
if Bo’ness and Bonnyrigg go Lithgae might well be champions next season!  But of what value and more visits to Dundee and Perthshire to look forward to.   With regret therefore I think that the Rose ought to follow the others by joining the senior ranks.  My post on the Talbot website today illustrates the benefits of doing so.

You need the committee to engage in meaningful discussion on their position first.

The silence so far has been deafening.

An EGM requires I'm sure either 12 or 15 signatures to happen.

I have an official statement from the club to be posted on the club website. Unfortunately I am in Portugal until Saturday and cannot access the site via my phone to post it. Currently trying to talk someone through doing it.

Archived