Linlithgow Rose 2017-18

Auld Heid

A goalie must be high on shopping list. How many goals lost since the New Year has he been guilty of? Also any pressure on him when his own defence pass the ball back he does not fill you with confidence with his clearances.

Hill has the ability - unfortunately he also has games where you think wtf. (To many recently)

As HTG says we do have a fairly consistent defence - but they have also lost 2 × 4 goals and a 5 since the new year.

The team badly needs a few fresh faces. Not just a 1 in 1 out policy. Today we only had Sloan and Devine on the bench.

Players get complacent when no competition on the bench.

That said I still think overall Braddo has done well with what's at his disposal.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

Hill has the ability - unfortunately he also has games where you think wtf. (To many recently)

As HTG says we do have a fairly consistent defence - but they have also lost 2 × 4 goals and a 5 since the new year.

The team badly needs a few fresh faces. Not just a 1 in 1 out policy. Today we only had Sloan and Devine on the bench.

Players get complacent when no competition on the bench.

That said I still think overall Braddo has done well with what's at his disposal.

Was Coyne on the park today?

1 hour ago, Auld Heid said:

Hill made two great saves to keep us in the game in the first half but I genuinely think that if Ritchie was still in goals we'd be right up there with Bonnyrigg at the top of the league.  No arguments about the result today, just the score.  We had a couple of decent penalty claims which could have swung the game our way (Bonnyrigg had an equally good claim later on) but overall we just didn't look dangerous and Bonnyrigg did.

Agreed that Braddo has taken us a long way but he does need to strengthen the squad if we want to challenge next season.  Mind you, if the top opposition keeps leaving we might find it easier.

2 hours ago, FuzzyBear said:

By the way was the standside linesman qualified. Offside from a goal kick lol

That happened in our game v beith too. Basic errors. With linesmen like that what chance does the ref have.

I'm not buying all this Bonnyrigg were much better than us stuff. Overall I thought that it was a fairly even contest but as was said above they took their chances but we didn't.

Won't miss their Neanderthal challenges nxt season but as I was reminded that is what the juniors is all about, be big, be strong and kick anything which doesn't have the same coloured strip on as you and were just too nice to do it back.

We're a long long way from where we were last year and with little in reserve so to still be challenging at the right end of the table in March has to be commended.

Next season, wherever or whatever that brings has to be another step forward but for now, yes it was a setback today but it's certainly not over!

HTG!

18 minutes ago, Specky said:

I'm not buying all this Bonnyrigg were much better than us stuff. Overall I thought that it was a fairly even contest but as was said above they took their chances but we didn't.

Won't miss their Neanderthal challenges nxt season but as I was reminded that is what the juniors is all about, be big, be strong and kick anything which doesn't have the same coloured strip on as you and were just too nice to do it back.

We're a long long way from where we were last year and with little in reserve so to still be challenging at the right end of the table in March has to be commended.

Next season, wherever or whatever that brings has to be another step forward but for now, yes it was a setback today but it's certainly not over!

HTG!

That’s what’s wrong with rose teams over the years to light weight and can’t mix it  and being a hammer thrower on the park in yer amateur days Specky  you should know 

Why should we be worried? A team very much in transition at the opposite end of the table from last year and still got a chance of the title ? I'd be more worried with the situation if it was this time last year but we're probably a player or two away from getting it right.

Bonnyrigg were just better than us all over the park.
Another injury to add to the list as well. Any news on Turnbull?

Don't totally agree with your post - I felt being restricted by lack of available players and the knock on ability to change our game plan didn't help.

Ronald understandably ran out of steam around the hour mark - we had no replacement.

Actually felt Bonnyrigg were negative in their approach - they sat deep and were happy to let us press. They are however a very well organised side and deserved their victory.

The gloss in their victory came late when we looked to have a few very tired players.

1 hour ago, Auld Heid said:

Don't totally agree with your post - I felt being restricted by lack of available players and the knock on ability to change our game plan didn't help.

Ronald understandably ran out of steam around the hour mark - we had no replacement.

Actually felt Bonnyrigg were negative in their approach - they sat deep and were happy to let us press. They are however a very well organised side and deserved their victory.

The gloss in their victory came late when we looked to have a few very tired players.

Looking at the highlights, both teams seemed about equal until linlithgow obviously tired, would definitely not say outplayed all over the park. 

6 hours ago, wullie robb said:

Looking at the highlights, both teams seemed about equal until linlithgow obviously tired, would definitely not say outplayed all over the park. 

As usual great camera work by young Ben ................just a pity that the microphone picks up all the shouts from a stand which appears to be full of Shankly,  Fergie and Mourinho wannabees.

32 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

As usual great camera work by young Ben ................just a pity that the microphone picks up all the shouts from a stand which appears to be full of Shankly,  Fergie and Mourinho wannabees.

Ha ha I’ll gave to listen to that

1 hour ago, Deanburn Dave said:

The screeching lunatic was in the Linlithgow dug out I think.

Maybe that was Bonnyrigg’s game plan though, to sit in and frustrate Linlithgow until they were blowing out their arses....?

Archived