Linlithgow Rose 2017-18

Auld Heid

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, boheesian said:

Well done Sir, your first post and got it in one.  Just got to sum up Auld Heid  now for a win double.

Haha thanks & he’s an arse as well.

13 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

For a 1st post to be on a thread that's nothing to do with the team you support - that makes sense..!!

The majority of Bonnyrigg chatter happens elsewhere not on here. 

10 hours ago, Pete77 said:

Haha thanks & he’s an arse as well.

The majority of Bonnyrigg chatter happens elsewhere not on here. 

4 Posts - 3 on Linlithgow.  1 on your own club to ask how they played on Saturday.   Think it's you that's the erse!!!

1 hour ago, Auld Heid said:

Hearing Blackburn are making every effort to clear their park for Saturday - so hats off to their efforts to get the game on. (Albeit the snow back on and trying its hardest to ruin it.)

What efforts are they making??? Their Facebook page says NO snow is to be cleared from the pitch. 

37 minutes ago, PatP said:

What efforts are they making??? Their Facebook page says NO snow is to be cleared from the pitch. 

Speaking to a guy previously on their committee - he indicated they were seeking assistance from their community club.  

15 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

Speaking to a guy previously on their committee - he indicated they were seeking assistance from their community club.  

Assistance does appear to have been sought but someone has put their foot down and publicly said nobody is to try and clear the snow. 

I guess that you're referring to the above and to a very similar post on the Blackburn United Facebook page. I understand that the Club have made an inspection of the pitch and that frost has penetrated below the reasonably thick blanket of snow covering it and is catching the fibres of the carpet, making removal of the snow something that might consequently damage the carpet and impact on it's use going forward. It's all a rather moot point perhaps with even more snow now falling in and around West Lothian.

2 hours ago, 12 Angry Men said:

I guess that you're referring to the above and to a very similar post on the Blackburn United Facebook page. I understand that the Club have made an inspection of the pitch and that frost has penetrated below the reasonably thick blanket of snow covering it and is catching the fibres of the carpet, making removal of the snow something that might consequently damage the carpet and impact on it's use going forward. It's all a rather moot point perhaps with even more snow now falling in and around West Lothian.

If that's the case I suspect the chances of a game are nil. Especially as it's not just the pitch needing cleared. Looks like next weekend it is! 

25 minutes ago, PatP said:

If that's the case I suspect the chances of a game are nil. Especially as it's not just the pitch needing cleared. Looks like next weekend it is! 

Can't see many games even on astro being on. We are meant to be at Broxburn and with what its like in Falkirk it will probably be a lot worse in west lothian.

Archived