Linlithgow Rose 2017-18

Auld Heid

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great entertainment value today but what a contrast between the front and the back.  Going forward we looked really good with some nice lay-offs and passing movements (although that could be due to Kennoway's defence not being the best around) and even from early on it looked as though it was just a matter of time before we scored five or more.  What wasn't on the cards was losing five.  Credit to Hill for saving a good free-kick but surely you knock it round the post rather than back out to an oncoming forward.  The second goal will have to be explained to me as I wasn't looking at what was going on.  Seems I wasn't the only one.  Third goal Hill was too far out in my opinion and inviting the lob though I suspect that the forward mis-hit his shot making it a lob - apologies if he meant it.  Fifth goal was needless as the forward was heading away from goal and there was cover behind the goalie so no need to bring the attacker down.

I really hope Ben recorded this match as I'd like to see our penalty claim at the end as well as some great goals.

One last thing - who was red-carded after the final whistle?

Sorry,but dh wouldnt pull on a jersey again for me.unless the subs were told to relay a message to him.

Don't agree with this.

Hill had a very bad game no more no less. Always looks worse when a keeper messes up.

Yes their 2nd goal was strange - not sure why he went to the bench. Yes ultimately the blame is on Darren. But his 10 colleagues weren't switched on either.

Today was just one of these days. Their keeper was superb and lost 5 goals ours was below his best and also lost 5 goals.

We are however a little threadbare and our bench looked a tad empty.

6 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

Don't agree with this.

Hill had a very bad game no more no less. Always looks worse when a keeper messes up.

Yes their 2nd goal was strange - not sure why he went to the bench. Yes ultimately the blame is on Darren. But his 10 colleagues weren't switched on either.

Today was just one of these days. Their keeper was superb and lost 5 goals ours was below his best and also lost 5 goals.

Only one man should be between the sticks.and that was daz

11 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

Yes, credit to the Kennoway keeper who stopped some really good attempts at goal.

Good to see Owen coming back.  He made a real difference when he came on.

Only one man should be between the sticks.and that was daz

No disagreements - my point is we weren't switched on to his absence.

All it took was a player stopping the quick kick just as you would with a foul.

Have to agree with previous comments, rose dominated the game but save for around ten minutes out of near 100 were always behind!?!?..

We said that it was a bonkers game when you come out saying one keeper had a great game and conceded 5 while the other keeper didn't have a great game and also conceded 5!

Great entertainment and value and not detracting from the outcome as KSH came and gave it a right go and played well, but I think the ref got a couple of things wrong - our late penalty claim. Won't complain with their one as it was silly and needless.

Darren will have better games and will probably have worse which aren't punished in the same way as today, being a keeper your every mistake is magnified but today everything which could go wrong did so hopefully that's it all out of the way in one go.

What we should mention is the dig and determination the team showed when two down with 15 to go and even one down in additional time. More of that please and a little tighter at the back. Thanks
[emoji23][emoji23]

HTG!

Don't agree with this.

Had heard there were a few carrying or out with injuries a couple of weeks ago.

58 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Had heard there were a few carrying or out with injuries a couple of weeks ago.

I thought we had put that one to bed when we caught you telling bare faced lies ?  
you would be better served just holding your hands up and admitting your a fud 

I thought we had put that one to bed when we caught you telling bare faced lies ?  
you would be better served just holding your hands up and admitting your a fud 

It was obvious from the very start I was at it ya plum! My hands were held up the full time! You just butted in and spoiled it before your less clever supporter took the bait! [emoji1]

But anyways, point from previous post still stands. I’d heard the boy Ronald and a couple of others were struggling with injuries a couple of weeks ago. Just saying likes.

Or sticking to your own thread and stop being obsessed with all things rose.....

All about the rose!

HTG

[emoji1]

Wasn’t it you that it was pointed out to just a few weeks ago, who has more posts on the B.U thread than anyone else, and twice as many than you’ve posted on the Rose thread? Or something like that?

[emoji1]

Wasn’t it you that it was pointed out to just a few weeks ago, who has more posts on the B.U thread than anyone else, and twice as many than you’ve posted on the Rose thread? Or something like that?
Yet more lies 8ball .... Keep trying.

You're more tedious than the boy who cried wolf all the time [emoji15] and still obsessed with the big team from over the flints.

Go back to trying to pretend that your club financed and planned the rip up of your grass pitch. Everyone knows it was your NPA who did the work.

After games will your team get kicked off the pitch and hurried out the changing rooms to allow the next booking to take place? Or will you need to rent the facility for a good 4 or 5 hours to make sure?

Will the surrounding crumbling "terrace" be fixed too or is the funding only for the pitch?

HTG

Archived