Linlithgow Rose 2017-18

Auld Heid

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good first outing and Rose were by far the better team in the first half.

We gave away a soft penalty which would have been avoided if Turnbull cleared his lines rather than try to usher the ball out. A goal totally against the run of play.

Their second goal was superbly taken by the St Mirren player.

Was impressed by Malone who looks like he will be a handful for defenders this season.

Also delighted to see Sloane in maroon as he was always a Beggar that impressed against us.

Black Dug - what was the story with the kids you refer to? as were still more than a few there

3 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

Good first outing and Rose were by far the better team in the first half.

We gave away a soft penalty which would have been avoided if Turnbull cleared his lines rather than try to usher the ball out. A goal totally against the run of play.

Their second goal was superbly taken by the St Mirren player.

Was impressed by Malone who looks like he will be a handful for defenders this season.

Also delighted to see Sloane in maroon as he was always a Beggar that impressed against us.

Black Dug - what was the story with the kids you refer to? as were still more than a few there

A wasn't to impressed with malone or the number 7 but it's only one game a think you'd are a bit light weight 

Tried to take my daughter into the social club before the game and was told that kids weren't allowed.
Might be a licence thing but would be surprised as it was before 1900.

3 minutes ago, Black Dug said:

Tried to take my daughter into the social club before the game and was told that kids weren't allowed.
Might be a licence thing but would be surprised as it was before 1900.

I can't say for sure but the big lounge is being refurbished and normally that's where we would accommodate kids so that they're well away from the bar. Hopefully things will be back to normal shortly. 

Good competitive game in the end. We were on top until we started making subs.
Sloan is class, thought him and Ruari looked good. Fullbacks (other than Turnbull giving away the penalty) looked quite assured for their first game and Malone also. Coco got one but should have been 3 another couple of games under his belt and I'm sure he would have banged them in.

I can't say for sure but the big lounge is being refurbished and normally that's where we would accommodate kids so that they're well away from the bar. Hopefully things will be back to normal shortly. 

Didn't realise the lounge was being done up, that'll probably be why - cheers.

Not wanting to get too technical but under the licensing laws you need to register areas where kids would be permitted and I guess the big lounge has probably been designated as "family access" where kids are allowed, while the wee lounge hasn't (primarily so members can have a drink in peace), hence why kids not allowed in there during matches etc. I recall this from another club in the town.

How's Ian Gray settiling in ?
Decent player but always thought him a tad lightweight for this level

1st game - didn't do badly and look assured throughout, linked ok with Ronald.

17 hours ago, Black Dug said:

Didn't realise the lounge was being done up, that'll probably be why - cheers.

The lounge is not being done up the Hall is !!

for some unknown reason I have yet to fathom out HTG calls it the BIG lounge !! when its actually the Hall..........

Archived