Linlithgow Rose 2017-18

Auld Heid

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nobody has said he isnt a decent lad. He just isnt the standard of player we need.

Crap. He is a good player, for me a proper centre forward, but Thomas C would have chucked his dummy and rattle out the pram if any of your managers had given Kemble a decent chance in that position!

Nobody has said he isnt a decent lad. He just isnt the standard of player we need.

Crap. He is a good player, for me a proper centre forward, but Thomas C would have chucked his dummy and rattle out the pram if any of your managers had given Kemble a decent chance in that position!

Hi Kev. Enjoy your new club.

44 minutes ago, lithgierose said:

who is this Kemble you speak of .again again and again.:lol:

Rose - see when you are an old basket like me who cannae type well on my phone, keep missing prescriptive texting what changes it makes to my messages and obviously don't ken when I press the submit button, then you are always making mistooks! The name is Kelbie and I'm buggert if I remember his first name!

Kelbie's always had a good attitude and worked hard, but I've never felt he was good enough for the business end of Junior football. He has a poor touch, isn't a great decision maker and doesn't have pace. At times he's a lump of meat. His best moments for Rose have generally been from the bench or against weak opponents. He doesn't link up well with TC, and TC is a much better player so if one of them doesn't fit then it's Kelbie that has to go. I'll always love him for the goal against Forfar and I wish him well. If he comes back to prove us all wrong, which he might do, I'll be pleased for him. 

This new chap Malone is 13.5 stone and only 5 foot 10, so I imagine he's designed to fill Kelbie's role. Time will tell if he's an upgrade.

I agree with most of this - unfortunately for him TC was still scoring under the systems employed by Mcglynn and Lumsden whereas Kelbie struggled.

So Kelbie was always going to struggle.

As I have said previously - good luck to Kevin.

On 2017-6-16 at 22:05, GordonS said:

Kelbie's always had a good attitude and worked hard, but I've never felt he was good enough for the business end of Junior football. He has a poor touch, isn't a great decision maker and doesn't have pace. At times he's a lump of meat. His best moments for Rose have generally been from the bench or against weak opponents. He doesn't link up well with TC, and TC is a much better player so if one of them doesn't fit then it's Kelbie that has to go. I'll always love him for the goal against Forfar and I wish him well. If he comes back to prove us all wrong, which he might do, I'll be pleased for him. 

This new chap Malone is 13.5 stone and only 5 foot 10, so I imagine he's designed to fill Kelbie's role. Time will tell if he's an upgrade.

Archived