Kilsyth Rangers v Kilwinning Rangers super premier league play off

Krfc 10

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Very poor finishing from Kilsyth, particularly the 2nd half. It's hard to say who the better team was, because neither played well. I would say 2 and 11 of Kilsyth showed up best.

You got it right about our finishing, should have been two up in the first ten minutes and missed at least another 4 or 5 great chances. Monti's freekick was a cracker and came just at the right time for Kilwinning.

However to say there was little betwen the teams is a joke, How many shots did Kilwinning have on target other than their goal?  Prentice, No 11, put in a great shift and I would have bet my pension on him scoring with the chance he had late on, but it was just the story of our night. Still believe we are in with a chance however, if we can repeat that performance with just a little bit of luck in front of goal added.

Thought the ref had a very good nights work, a pleasure to get one who let the game flow and was quite sparing with the cards, not that many needed to be issued despite the howls from the Buffs support at times.

Just now, garrellburn said:

You got it right about our finishing, should have been two up in the first ten minutes and missed at least another 4 or 5 great chances. Monti's freekick was a cracker and came just at the right time for Kilwinning.

However to say there was little betwen the teams is a joke, How many shots did Kilwinning have on target other than their goal?  Prentice, No 11, put in a great shift and I would have bet my pension on him scoring with the chance he had late on, but it was just the story of our night. Still believe we are in with a chance however, if we can repeat that performance with just a little bit of luck in front of goal added.

Thought the ref had a very good nights work, a pleasure to get one who let the game flow and was quite sparing with the cards, not that many needed to be issued despite the howls from the Buffs support at times.

Kilsyth clearly had the better chances. I was referring to general out field play. Neither team held the ball well, both kicked it straight out the park several times and deliveries into the box were poor most of the time. I'll rephrase. Kilsyth were the better team but couldn't claim to have played well.

Kilsyth clearly had the better chances. I was referring to general out field play. Neither team held the ball well, both kicked it straight out the park several times and deliveries into the box were poor most of the time. I'll rephrase. Kilsyth were the better team but couldn't claim to have played well.

Agree about the deliveries into the box. Majority were overhit. But still played well and had 4 great chances to score. Thought we should also have had at least one penalty in the 2nd half. Second one especially when Paul McBride was being cuddled and held back by at least two of the 3 defenders round him.
Onwards to Friday, as disappointing as the score was tonight, they can go with confidence down to Abbey Park on Friday night.

It was a decent game given the circumstances. Buffs started with Mark Campbell making his debut at the back at a grand old age and 5 under 20s, 4 who played a part in the game. I thought Kilsyth had more possession and were physically very able, the Buffs had a wee bit more guile. Neither side created very much, but Carlos free kick was fit to win any game. Two well matched sides, on to Friday.

Kilsyths didn't take their chance night when buffs were thread bare with only 11 signed players available and their 2 centre halfs missing. Different story on Friday with Tommy, Mickey and moffat back. Would take Prentice in a minute to buffs, the remaining majority of kilsyth team no better than our u19s.

Aye ok pal, lol, leave the chat to the intelligent folk eh, and you can at least call us by our proper name the next time you post, and maybe make a bit of sense [emoji4]

Grammar and spelling correction posts even more pointless than the if's and but's posts that's been filling this thread. Thought my opinion that you had a great chance to beat us last night was valid ?

Grammar and spelling correction posts even more pointless than the if's and but's posts that's been filling this thread. Thought my opinion that you had a great chance to beat us last night was valid ?

It was valid, but to say our team apart from one player is no better than your under 19's is just ludicrous, your obviously looking for some sort of reaction, remind me again why you are in this playoff and where you finished in your league, can't be that good

4 hours ago, honestbuff said:

Kilsyths didn't take their chance night when buffs were thread bare with only 11 signed players available and their 2 centre halfs missing. Different story on Friday with Tommy, Mickey and moffat back. Would take Prentice in a minute to buffs, the remaining majority of kilsyth team no better than our u19s.

You must have some team of u19s then!! 

Pretty disrespectful comment considering how strong and well Kilsyth have been this season in a very competitive league!!

Archived