Rangers European Tour 2017/18

Topscot

10 hours ago, jupe1407 said:

Progres are at the same level as the dross from Wales and NI that were punted into the challenge cup, and comfortably dealt with by half decent Championship sides, with the exception of TNS.

TNS were very comfortably dealt with by a Championship side. Whether they were half-decent or not is open to conjecture.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Most of the 'yer deid' diddies have the memory span of a goldfish so for them it's always a new joke.

Yer club died, formed a new club and became Scotland's laughing stock.

Get it right up ye.

On 2017-6-28 at 00:58, Jakes Pal said:

Seriously demented. 

If we get to the second qualifying round then Ibrox will sell out again at a slightly higher price per ticket. Gate money, TV, hospitality and dare I say it, merchandise will bring in well over £1/2 Mil again. Just how much do you think it costs to hire an aeroplane and put up 20 odd people at a decent hotel for a night? 

Not being privy to the figures myself admittedly, I would still guess that it is way, way less than half a million pounds.

As for financial gain? That is all Celtic fans brag about regarding qualification for the Champions League, how they will make £30 Million quid out of it. Unless you believe that you have a chance of actually winning it then qualification for European football is all about financial gain.

As for our performance, I reckon we will breeze past Niederkorn and get past the Cypriots by a goal or two and then do our very best against who we get in the 3rd qualifying round.(which would probably make us the best part of a £Mil through gate receipts, hospitality, programmes, pies and dare I say it merchandising)

Probably gonna have to sell a few players now, or take out another loan or two. 

I suppose the Red Imps result was the single stand alone worst British result ever, this is second but Sevco got papped out, Celtic won 3-1 on agg. Nice of the OF to take the heat off Falkirk (Vaduz), Aberdeen (Skonto Riga) and Dunfermline (Hfnarfarnarfardor).

Id take Skonto Riga out. Was a shock but they had decent results in Europe narrowly losing to Napoli and Barcelona (think they only lost 3-2 in the Camp Nou). Replace them with Bohemians or Sigma.

On 28/06/2017 at 00:58, Jakes Pal said:

As for our performance, I reckon we will breeze past Niederkorn and get past the Cypriots by a goal or two and then do our very best against who we get in the 3rd qualifying round.(which would probably make us the best part of a £Mil through gate receipts, hospitality, programmes, pies and dare I say it merchandising)

Nostradamus indeed. Any tips on the resurrection?

58 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Most of the 'yer deid' diddies have the memory span of a goldfish so for them it's always a new joke.

Is this you sober? :lol: Bit early to be scrapping the bottom of the latrine for humour is it not? :P

7 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

TNS were very comfortably dealt with by a Championship side. Whether they were half-decent or not is open to conjecture.

Apologies, they'd gubbed Forfar and Livingston before being cunted out by St Mirren in convincing fashion. Worth noting that all of the teams from Wales/NI who entered the draw with the Scottish sides were (and are) well above Progres in the club rankings. The other three clubs were beaten fairly easily except Linfield who took QOS to ET before losing 0-2. 

I fail to see how Rangers' result reflects badly on Scottish football, when virtually every side in the top two divisions would fairly easily dispose of Progres. The result is entirely a reflection on Rangers, their shite Manager, bottleless players and the unrealistic expectations and demands of their fans.

It's also as funny as f**k. Hopefully Saints win their away leg for increased hilarity. 

In 20 or so years a generation will grow up who won't remember when a team called Rangers actually won stuff. They'll wonder what on earth dad and granddad are going on about.

28 minutes ago, nsr said:

In 20 or so years a generation will grow up who won't remember when a team called Rangers actually won stuff. They'll wonder what on earth dad and granddad are going on about.

The sash they wore?

9 hours ago, nsr said:

You know how if you watch the same episode or hear the same song too many times, it starts to get boring? Will that ever happen when it comes to laughing at The Rangers?

9 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

But a lot of the time it is a new joke. Just as the laughter dies down something new happens to take the piss about. Green boots ban, losing to a primary school team, tax-dodging... wonder what will happen today!

1 hour ago, nsr said:

A lot sooner than that in Larkhall...

Which is more humiliating (or from the opposite point of view, funnier):

A new club qualifying for Europe after only five years in existence, going out in their first tie to a side with more experience on the big stage,

or a club with history dating back well over a century, with sixty years' experience in Europe including one trophy win and three final defeats, going out to a part-time outfit who've never previously won a game there?

6 hours ago, HTG said:

This thread is missing Shuill to bring some gravitas and depth of analysis to it. He's maybe combusted though. 

I think he's pissed his breeks by laughing so much that he is now just a puddle on the floor.

Archived