Dundee United 2017/2018

Good luck to Dillon and Dixon. 

Think Dillon has had far too hard a time from some people. Not the greatest player but he's filled in across the defence and midfield well over his time and never given less than his full commitment. 

Dixon hasn't been as good as his first time round but when he's had no help as it's just been him on the left side of the pitch for about 2 years I don't blame him for struggling. You can't overlap nobody. 

For next season I'd like to see a winger with real pace and a striker like Mikkleson (if not him). We also need an enforcer in the middle of the park and someone to partner Durnan. We could probably do with a playmaking midfielder too.

Oh, and a left back, right back, possibly a keeper if rumours of Bell wanting away are true.

Head of Recruitment must be working overtime right now....

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Must need -

GK - Experienced back up (Neil Alexander?)

Right Back - first choice (Nicky Devlin)

Left Back - first choice

Centre Half - Back Up/First Choice (Josh Meekings?)

CM - two definitely needed brought in

Wingers/Attacking Players - 3 some pace and creativity

2 strikers - pacey striker and target man

So looking at 10-12 new signings. Obviously if Telfer/Flood stay we'd be only bringing in one centre mid. If Spittal stays, we'd bring one less winger in. And if Murdoch stays, can't see us bringing RB in

In these times of austerity I can't imagine the board sanctioning the wages it would need to bring in an experienced goalkeeper like Alexander. Long will be our number 2 next season and given Bell's injury record I'd imagine we will see him at least half a dozen times next year.

In these times of austerity I can't imagine the board sanctioning the wages it would need to bring in an experienced goalkeeper like Alexander. Long will be our number 2 next season and given Bell's injury record I'd imagine we will see him at least half a dozen times next year.

Never seen a keeper get as many injuries as Bell has. Would rather an experienced keeper than a youngster for back up. But it'll probably end up being Long

2 hours ago, wullie robb said:

Sound's about right the boy hasn't got a clue where his best position is, it's almost like every coach he has worked with tried him somewhere different. 

Personally don't think he's a great loss to Dundee United. 

Wrong as f**k.

Everyone involved in our relegation season should be punted. They don't have the dig to get us out of this league as last weekend showed also. 

Funnily enough Spittal turned up when his contract was ending and was on the TV...

So it looks like Flood will be signing a one-year extension. He is definitely on the decline but I still think that we played better this season when he was in the team. Not to say there might be better options out there but if he is used more as a squad player then I see no problem in him being here for another season.

By the sounds of things Spittal is all but gone. 

Archived