Dundee United 2017/2018

2 hours ago, stumigoo said:

I actually think Laszlo probably would be the type of guy to resign rather than dig his heels in as he comes across as a man with good principles. He does seem like a decent enough guy, but so did McKinnon. I was certainly guilty of being drawn in by him during his first few interviews (and first couple of games) because when he is on form he is very enigmatic and is a man who lives and breathes football but it looks like it isn't working for him. Still convinced the board will wait until the end of the season before anything is decided. 

I love your faith in mankind stu; it has childlike charm and innocence.

He might be a nice guy, but any “resignation” will involve his lawyers and serious compensation.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Accent-Unknown said:

Respect for any United fan still giving a shit. These three seasons have worn me the f**k down and I don’t even really care what happens anymore

I am fucking sick to death of it all AU.

Unfortunately  (and much to Mrs MacArab's annoyance), I will always care way much more than these fucking shitehawks deserve.

It's a b*****d, but without meaning to get too deep, there are worse things in life and in the world than your football team being utter dogshite.

Just have to hope it's not for too long...:blink:

To me, if hes said that, it looks like he knows hes in big trouble and feels hes in shoogly peg territory. Trying to put a positive spin on it and hope people buy it.
If we dont win three out our next four games he's got to go imo. Either leave Ellis in charge till seasons end or some other manager becomes available. 
Other options?
I said McCall earlier on. I think hes a good manager whos teams are organised, fit and usually attacking going on his Motherwell days. They usually had the better of us tactically and hes free. Always seemed to find decent players from down south too.
Robbie Neilson is also available. Looked a good manager at Hearts but how much was down to Levien? Mind you, Cathro had the same postion and made an arse of it.
Would be ok with both tbh.
Ive read that Laszlo is here next season regardless, but on recent performances, recruitment and results, can the board take the chance? I doubt the fans can take much more. I for one think he's hopeless and after near 30 years as a season ticket holder im really not sure about it next season. Actually, i probably will get one out of sheer moronic loyalty but i know a few who aren't as daft as me.

McCall has said on numerous occasions he has no desire to manage a bigger club so he’d have to be discounted. Nelson would be in the frame however, I fear he may have the same stance as Pressley had and sees his future in England. I’m not saying Hughes is the man but I really don’t get this notion he’s a bafoon, worked wonders at ICT, Hibs and Falkirk and yes an ill fated spell at Raith but his ability to get the best out of mediocre players is surely what is needed. There will be more mediocrity at the club next season if we don’t make it this year.

There is always Jim Duffy cough cough!

3 hours ago, GrantB878 said:

McCall has said on numerous occasions he has no desire to manage a bigger club so he’d have to be discounted. Nelson would be in the frame however, I fear he may have the same stance as Pressley had and sees his future in England. I’m not saying Hughes is the man but I really don’t get this notion he’s a bafoon, worked wonders at ICT, Hibs and Falkirk and yes an ill fated spell at Raith but his ability to get the best out of mediocre players is surely what is needed. There will be more mediocrity at the club next season if we don’t make it this year.

Stuart, not Ian. Definitely not Ian.

Duffy would never win all the fans over.

10 hours ago, MacArab said:

I am fucking sick to death of it all AU.

Unfortunately  (and much to Mrs MacArab's annoyance), I will always care way much more than these fucking shitehawks deserve.

It's a b*****d, but without meaning to get too deep, there are worse things in life and in the world than your football team being utter dogshite.

Just have to hope it's not for too long...:blink:

I’m a wee bit like yourself but there will be a breaking point for many fans.  If Csaba is still here at the start of next season I see ST sales being way down.

Hughes is not only a buffoon but an arsehole with an ego the size of Australia.

Just a thought. If we win the next two games then we will have lost as many games as the league leaders.

Wee bit of perspective there, United have 3 games in hand and a game against St Mirren on Friday. 

Hopefully fans turn up tomorrow and Friday and try and inject a bit of confidence in the team.

I realise it's difficult at times like these and United fans aren't always the quickest to try and encourage players.

Cut the fucking booing out and start shouting encouragement. The club sure as anything needs a boost right now and if we as supporters can provide that surely that can be a small help.

Half the team look devoid of confidence in both themselves and the manager, support from the ground could lift their spirits enough.

Dunno if that'll help the problem with the manager though.

21 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Just a thought. If we win the next two games then we will have lost as many games as the league leaders.

St.Mirren have lost 5 games this season, Utd have lost 7 having played three less.

HTH.

Bye bye Ladbrokes Premiership.

Bye bye promotion to Ladbrokes Premiership.

Bye bye Ray Mackinnon.

Bye bye promotion to Ladbrokes Premiership. (Again.)

Bye bye Training Ground.

Bye bye Csaba Laszlo.

Hello administration.... 

1 hour ago, ArabianKnight said:

Wee bit of perspective there, United have 3 games in hand and a game against St Mirren on Friday. 

Hopefully fans turn up tomorrow and Friday and try and inject a bit of confidence in the team.

I realise it's difficult at times like these and United fans aren't always the quickest to try and encourage players.

Cut the fucking booing out and start shouting encouragement. The club sure as anything needs a boost right now and if we as supporters can provide that surely that can be a small help.

Half the team look devoid of confidence in both themselves and the manager, support from the ground could lift their spirits enough.

Dunno if that'll help the problem with the manager though.

Well said.  However pissed off I am I will be there tomorrow night cheering.  Hopefully I will have something to cheer about.

Hughes should’ve been in in the first place IMO.

Everyone seems to have jumped on the whole Raith incident though which I don’t think is totally fair.

I think if he was given the budget Csaba and McKinnon have had he’d have built a good reliable team that had a bit of experience in Scotland and knew how to grind out results and get out the league.

Honestly can’t see things turning round for United just now, looked like they’d finally cleared the deck in the summer and got rid of a whole load of shite but the squad looks messy and a state again already.

7 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Hughes should’ve been in in the first place IMO.

Everyone seems to have jumped on the whole Raith incident though which I don’t think is totally fair.

I think if he was given the budget Csaba and McKinnon have had he’d have built a good reliable team that had a bit of experience in Scotland and knew how to grind out results and get out the league.

Honestly can’t see things turning round for United just now, looked like they’d finally cleared the deck in the summer and got rid of a whole load of shite but the squad looks messy and a state again already.

When has John Hughes ever built a team like that? Falkirk a decade ago? 

Please don't suggest ICT, as you just have to ask their fans about Hughes to find out what he done there. 

Archived