Dundee United 2017/2018

4 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Terrible result but the diddees reaction never fails to raise a smile. These bitter, twisted, tormented, success starved morons would be delighted to finish 9th in the third division, as long as United were 10th. No wonder they have won f**k in all in 50 years.

Think we'll go up in the playoffs this season but won't be satisfied until we are back within Scotland's big 6.

I think you'll find that for most Dees, seeing you sanctimonious self-righteous c***s suffering like hell is just such pure pleasure that it has to be expressed somehow. I reckon you're looking at 10 years down at least and you won't be back in any kind of strength in the next 20 at least . If at all.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, third lanark said:

We really can’t laugh at any other team - if we do finish 11th and go to the playoffs- any team from the championship will be more than capable of beating us including United with the lack of fight in our squad 

Of course we can.

If we perform badly on Tuesday night I can see Csaba Lazlo getting a really hard time from the fans.  As bad as anything directed towards Ray McKinnon.

I think we reached that point when Morton’s Left Back was wheeling away in celebration after making it 3-0 at Tannadice to be honest.

IMG_2115.jpg.8fad812efc5f8edb8a449e28cb8f631d.jpg

ST must surely have inserted a break clause into Csabas contract if he didn’t take us up he leaves at the end of the season. He surely won’t get another run at this. It needs experience of the league.

Please let that buck toothed buffoon take over before the seasons end, just for comedic value. [emoji23]

4 hours ago, MeadowArab said:

If Csaba does walk, who would replace him? I think Laurie Ellis would be promoted to manager but you never know.

So long as it's not John Hughes I can rest easy.

That’s not a bad call.  I’d be happy to see Ellis in charge for this he rest of the season rather than some desperate short term appointment.

I’ve not seen Csaba’s post match interview but apparently he thought we dominated the match?  If he’s that delusional then there’s no way he will walk.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

That’s not a bad call.  I’d be happy to see Ellis in charge for this he rest of the season rather than some desperate short term appointment.

I’ve not seen Csaba’s post match interview but apparently he thought we dominated the match?  If he’s that delusional then there’s no way he will walk.

Laszlo did indeed feel as though we were the better team. If you look at a 15 minute spell towards the game in isolation then there is an argument to say we could have won the game in the end but we certainly did not deserve to.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

To me, if hes said that, it looks like he knows hes in big trouble and feels hes in shoogly peg territory. Trying to put a positive spin on it and hope people buy it.

If we dont win three out our next four games he's got to go imo. Either leave Ellis in charge till seasons end or some other manager becomes available. 

Other options?

I said McCall earlier on. I think hes a good manager whos teams are organised, fit and usually attacking going on his Motherwell days. They usually had the better of us tactically and hes free. Always seemed to find decent players from down south too.

Robbie Neilson is also available. Looked a good manager at Hearts but how much was down to Levien? Mind you, Cathro had the same postion and made an arse of it.

Would be ok with both tbh.

Ive read that Laszlo is here next season regardless, but on recent performances, recruitment and results, can the board take the chance? I doubt the fans can take much more. I for one think he's hopeless and after near 30 years as a season ticket holder im really not sure about it next season. Actually, i probably will get one out of sheer moronic loyalty but i know a few who aren't as daft as me.

How many P&B posters are members of the the DUSF? Yesterday they had their biggest uptake day since they were formed but until now they have struggled to achieve the numbers that they had originally projected. I joined a couple of months ago. I am happy for my £10 a month to go to it and I believe that foundations like this are an important part of teams in Scotland who need additional revenues streams and supporter input. We won't ever be at the level of a Foundation of Hearts but even if we could get a solid foundation with a few thousand members it could be a big part of our future. 

Seems a long time ago when United fans were telling us how much of a difference Laszlo had made, before we played in December. Has something drastc changed, or was he always shite and you were just glossing over it?

From the outside looking in, you look much worse now than what you ever were under McKinnon.

24 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

Seems a long time ago when United fans were telling us how much of a difference Laszlo had made, before we played in December. Has something drastc changed, or was he always shite and you were just glossing over it?

From the outside looking in, you look much worse now than what you ever were under McKinnon.

In the first seven league games after McKinnon left we took 19 points out of a possible 21.  We were playing far better football and the players really looked up for it.

We then lost our two best and most influential players to long term injury and it all fell apart.

Lazlo cannot be blamed for the injuries but he must take responsibility for how poorly the team has played and his persistence with a formation that wasn’t working with Fyvie and Fraser out of the team.  Also his signings have been gash and, again, have failed to address the formation that he favours.

5 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

As much as he is technically deficient, someone like Paton is exactly what we need in midfield. Players waltzing into our half unchallenged is our biggest issue and he could help us address this. Has he signed for anyone?

He’d maybe also offer some leadership.  Something that we are desperately needing on the pitch.

7 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

In the first seven league games after McKinnon left we took 19 points out of a possible 21.  We were playing far better football and the players really looked up for it.

We then lost our two best and most influential players to long term injury and it all fell apart.

Lazlo cannot be blamed for the injuries but he must take responsibility for how poorly the team has played and his persistence with a formation that wasn’t working with Fyvie and Fraser out of the team.  Also his signings have been gash and, again, have failed to address the formation that he favours.

And his ability to play so many players in the wrong positions. Robson (isnt even a good left back) at right back, Murdoch at centre half, Gillespie at right back etc.

4 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

As much as he is technically deficient, someone like Paton is exactly what we need in midfield. Players waltzing into our half unchallenged is our biggest issue and he could help us address this. Has he signed for anyone?

I never thought id say this but Paton would be a good signing.

1 minute ago, mishtergrolsch said:

And his ability to play so many players in the wrong positions. Robson (isnt even a good left back) at right back, Murdoch at centre half, Gillespie at right back etc.

I never thought id say this but Paton would be a good signing.

In fairness he played Murdoch at centre half when we had no other centre half available.

Fair enough. How many of those points were picked up under Laurie Ellis? Genuine question as I don't know.

As I said, I'm on the outside looking in, but it looks like you've gone backwards.

Just now, houston_bud said:

Fair enough. How many of those points were picked up under Laurie Ellis? Genuine question as I don't know.

As I said, I'm on the outside looking in, but it looks like you've gone backwards.

We won 2 out of 2 under Ellis and 4 out of 5 and one draw under Lazlo before the wheels came off.

Archived