Dundee United 2017/2018

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

I've been at three meetings with 'Senior Management' who have all waxed lyrical about how much they love Csaba. David Southern, David Dorward and most recently Mike Martin have all said that Laszlo is here for the "long haul" and they fully support him. There is the possibility that they could have been lying to present a united front and there is also the chance that if we do continue to slip in the league then maybe he would be sacked in the summer. My own gut feeling is that as long as we are in the playoffs the board will give him until a similar time next season that McKinnon was given (October/November time). If we did indeed fall out of the playoff spots then surely his position would be untenable. 

Genuinely not here to wind you guys up but because of all the managerial changes you have had in such a short space of time I agree that Csaba probably will be given time to turn this around, if only to try and save money on yet more compensation.  The board will also be near paralysed with fear that any replacement manager they appoint will be yet another failure.

If the board give Csaba until October / November that clearly means if things aren’t working out the repelacement manager has to make do with any new players Csaba brings in during the upcoming summer transfer window.  Do the players he’s brought in so far lead you to believe he knows what sort of players are required to get out of this league?

2 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Genuinely not here to wind you guys up but because of all the managerial changes you have had in such a short space of time I agree that Csaba probably will be given time to turn this around, if only to try and save money on yet more compensation.  The board will also be near paralysed with fear that any replacement manager they appoint will be yet another failure.

If the board give Csaba until October / November that clearly means if things aren’t working out the repelacement manager has to make do with any new players Csaba brings in during the upcoming summer transfer window.  Do the players he’s brought in so far lead you to believe he knows what sort of players are required to get out of this league?

For me the recruitment of players is muddied with the fact that Darren Taylor is supposed to be our key person with regards to identifying and securing targets. His record has been pretty abysmal so far and his position needs to be reviewed. I would fully expect Laszlo to remain in charge and the reasons you give are part of that. I am probably someone of the opinion that there is a deeper problem within the club, the players and the whole environment at United. We've had manager after manager fail but for the same reasons and is there an argument to say that there is actually a bigger problem than just the man who picks the team.

8 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Sadly, next year will be more of the same. More has beens, never beens and Toshney.

The manager needs to go before he spunks this million quid from selling Gussie on more utter shite like Lying. 

Id actually be up for Stuart McCall. Think hed do a decent job tbh.

No chance could you get Stuart McCall - far too good for your level.

1 hour ago, stumigoo said:

I've been at three meetings with 'Senior Management' who have all waxed lyrical about how much they love Csaba. David Southern, David Dorward and most recently Mike Martin have all said that Laszlo is here for the "long haul" and they fully support him. There is the possibility that they could have been lying to present a united front and there is also the chance that if we do continue to slip in the league then maybe he would be sacked in the summer. My own gut feeling is that as long as we are in the playoffs the board will give him until a similar time next season that McKinnon was given (October/November time). If we did indeed fall out of the playoff spots then surely his position would be untenable. 

Our biggest mistake with both McNamara and McKinnon was waiting too late.  In both cases it was as clear as day they needed to go.

Keeping a manager 10 games into the season as opposed to binning him at the end of a season has four huge problems:

1.  The availability of decent replacements.

2.  The new manager is playing with the previous one’s squad.

3.  The players having a losing mindset.

4.  Your playing catch-up (obviously).

If either McNamara or McKinnon had been sacked when they should have been it is far less likely that we would be in the position we are now.

1 hour ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

The commentary team on Radio Scotland last night I think identified United’s main problem and that is lack of pace up front.

I think their main problem is that they are fucking shite. 

Really poor recruitment in the transfer window is manifesting itself with really poor performances on the park. Csaba doesn’t know who the strongest first 11 is, and his tinkering with the team has pissed of the more senior players, who have an attitude problem. Very Mixu. So we’ll see various starting line ups till the end of the season, when half the team will then be replaced.

Should be able to make the play offs. But won’t go through given the lack of team spirit and flight in the squad.

Lets get one thing straight here, Csaba is a fuckin charlatan. Another in a long list of disasterous appointments from our board and one that is extremely likely to see us remain in this division for another season or two minimum. Im all for giving managers a chance but there is very little in what ive seen so far that suggests this man has a clue what he is doing

6 minutes ago, Reverend Maynard said:

Really poor recruitment in the transfer window is manifesting itself with really poor performances on the park. Csaba doesn’t know who the strongest first 11 is, and his tinkering with the team has pissed of the more senior players, who have an attitude problem. Very Mixu. So we’ll see various starting line ups till the end of the season, when half the team will then be replaced.

Should be able to make the play offs. But won’t go through given the lack of team spirit and flight in the squad.

Stephen Thompson allowed Csaba a lot of leeway in this transfer window; it hard to accept that his recruitments have been such utter, utter shite.

1 minute ago, Twinkle said:

Lets get one thing straight here, Csaba is a fuckin charlatan. Another in a long list of disasterous appointments from our board and one that is extremely likely to see us remain in this division for another season or two minimum. Im all for giving managers a chance but there is very little in what ive seen so far that suggests this man has a clue what he is doing

I agree with this, yet I was delighted with Csaba’s appointment at the time.  It didn’t look like the easy or cheapest option.

Seriously mate? Your mob are a bawhair away from coming down to join us.
I have always had a soft spot for Thistle, and plenty of respect for Jags fans for obvious reasons.
Your regular input on here however is almost enough for me to hope you get relegated again, just to piss you off. 

Maybe if we stopped taking the piss out of the Jags in our dealings with them. Admittedly not going to be a problem in the foreseeable!

Last night was the final straw for me in respect to Laszlo. This is the only forum I post on but I do read others and across 4 different utd forums nearly every single utd fans preferred team was 4-4-2. Every fan that watches us every week can clearly see that 4-2-3-1 isn't working and hasn't come anywhere close to working since Fraser and Fyvie got injured and yet this fucking clown sticks with it game after game. Also continuing with a goalkeeper whose confidence is absolutely shot and McDonald who clearly isn't giving a f**k is just baffling. Can only pray that there is a non promotion release clause in Csabas contract. 

Just now, skinny arab said:

Last night was the final straw for me in respect to Laszlo. This is the only forum I post on but I do read others and across 4 different utd forums nearly every single utd fans preferred team was 4-4-2. Every fan that watches us every week can clearly see that 4-2-3-1 isn't working and hasn't come anywhere close to working since Fraser and Fyvie got injured and yet this fucking clown sticks with it game after game. Also continuing with a goalkeeper whose confidence is absolutely shot and McDonald who clearly isn't giving a f**k is just baffling. Can only pray that there is a non promotion release clause in Csabas contract. 

Agree in general, but McDonald got pass marks for me last night.  Positionally he was all over the place, but I blame the manager for that; in terms of effort he was far better than recent performances.

I feel sorry for players like Stanton and King who clearly put in the effort but are let down by their teammates.  Flood also looked more up for it last night.

I was shocked to hear from a dab last night that Lewis only gets a game because Southampton don’t pay his wages if he doesn’t play.

3 minutes ago, K.T said:

I was shocked to hear from a dab last night that Lewis only gets a game because Southampton don’t pay his wages if he doesn’t play.

Do you believe everything an Arab tells you.

PS you are a really intelligent poster and your missus is faithful to you.

Do you believe everything an Arab tells you.
PS you are a really intelligent poster and your missus is faithful to you.

I heard it from a trustworthy dab, GD. He briefly posted on here, but this was during the time you became overwhelmed and had to take a sabbatical from the forum.

Archived