Dundee United 2017/2018

12 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Equally I am not a fan of Mikkelsen but if we have to play him it has to be in a 4-4-2 alongside the likes of McMullan.  Maybe even swap McMullan and Smith or give Kadded a chance.

Robson is horrific but is Mason any better?

On the bright side there are two Fridays before our next game.  :)

Maybe swapping would work but id rather Mcmullan wasnt wide because he cant cross the ball but his pace up front would be useful. Maybe put King right and Smith left and hope King gets some crosses on his good foot?

Is Kadded a winger, attacking midfielder or a forward? We need pace and width imo. Theres no player we can use who can play a defence splitter so its crosses from wide areas to a big guy for me.

Robson needs a rest but dont have a clue if Mason is better.  Can he be any worse? Robson will improve if / when Scobbie is back.

Honestly, what a pathetic team we have...

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Lancashirearab said:

images.jpeg117 year old Nabi Tajima, the last surviving person born in the 19th century, remembers Dundee's finest hour fondly.

She also remembers 2nd May 2016 as well by the look of her gesture!

8 hours ago, RossDee01 said:

Good to see the young lads keeping you in your rightful place tonight.

Thank You.

Would fully expect Killie to keep you in your rightful place tonight as well.*

*deep in the relegation dogfight

17 minutes ago, hk blues said:

She also remembers 2nd May 2016 as well by the look of her gesture!

I'm sure you are aware, but every time you mention 2/5/16, all you do is remind every Arab on here that the best thing your team has offered you in your lifetime  ( unless you are well into your 60s) is being lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time to complete our inevitable relegation that season. 

It also reminds me of some of the great nights I have had as an Arab based on our success rather than another team's failure. 

18 minutes ago, MacArab said:

I'm sure you are aware, but every time you mention 2/5/16, all you do is remind every Arab on here that the best thing your team has offered you in your lifetime  ( unless you are well into your 60s) is being lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time to complete our inevitable relegation that season. 

It also reminds me of some of the great nights I have had as an Arab based on our success rather than another team's failure. 

We take what we can when we can,  like most football fans I'd say.  I've had plenty of memorable times as a Dee regardless of winning trophies.

59 minutes ago, MacArab said:

Would fully expect Killie to keep you in your rightful place tonight as well.*

*deep in the relegation dogfight

Just shows how far United have fallen under Thompson because right now most United fans would love to be involved in a Premiership relegation dogfight.  Unthinkable only a few years ago.

27 minutes ago, hk blues said:

We take what we can when we can,  like most football fans I'd say.  I've had plenty of memorable times as a Dee regardless of winning trophies.

That’s what yer maw and yer missus say.

17 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Id like to see

Mehmet

Ballantyne Durnan Scobbie Anyone else

Smith   Stanton  Gillespie    King

Mikkleson  McMullan

Inexperienced and light down the right but surely offer more going forward. Not a fan of Smith, think hes a headless chicken with zero body strength but thats the only other player i can think of.

Stick Murdoch & Robson back in at full back positions sadly as Ballantyne & Mason were meant to be utter horseshit for the U20s derby last night. Wasnt there myself but brother was and said they were the 2 worst players on the park. New right back and left back are a must for next season whatever league we are in.

It's all about the cups, mate. 
In 20 years time, when people look at the records, they won't see that United were in the Championship.  They'll just see that we've won two big cups to your one and that your only win was more than a century ago.  Even Scotland's oldest person still alive hasn't seen you win The Cup.

And no one, since the days of the dinosaur has ever seen the DABS being the most successful club in the city .

That's real history [emoji6]

Think about that for a while

3 hours ago, skinny arab said:

Stick Murdoch & Robson back in at full back positions sadly as Ballantyne & Mason were meant to be utter horseshit for the U20s derby last night. Wasnt there myself but brother was and said they were the 2 worst players on the park. New right back and left back are a must for next season whatever league we are in.

Probably be ok woth Robson as long as Scobbie is at CH. I would rather Ballantyne got a run of a few games regardless as it would be a novelty to have a left back and a right back (loose use of those words) on the pitch since the days of Dixon and McGowan.

Its scary to think the last right back that was any good was big Keef who should never have been punted.

38 minutes ago, bobbycoxblue said:

And no one, since the days of the dinosaur has ever seen the DABS being the most successful club in the city .

That's real history emoji6.png

Think about that for a while

Are you just twelve then?  We won our most recent cup in 2010.

13 minutes ago, bobbycoxblue said:

Don't forget your daughter emoji6.png

Are ye affy bored Bobby?

Not that I have checked, but is there no a thread on your game tonight, where all you Dees can discuss at length all the wild and wonderful ways that your team are going to manage to f**k up your evening through getting thoroughly pumped by Killie??

I am certain that your input would be far better served (and received) over there.

Just saying......

39 minutes ago, bobbycoxblue said:

Not thought about have you , and he asks if I'm 12 .. emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png . Never stop

From the point we won our second Cup, we've been the most successful club in Dundee.  Until you win another Cup or League, you're under our heel.  None of that is ancient history. 

For an independent adjudication,you could always check UEFA's club rankings at http://www.ecaeurope.com/tabbed-content/club-ranking/.  I see United at 269th but... not sure I can find Dundee.

Unless of course you're The_Kincardine in disguise - he likes his little riddles too.

From the point we won our second Cup, we've been the most successful club in Dundee.  Until you win another Cup or League, you're under our heel.  None of that is ancient history. 
For an independent adjudication,you could always check UEFA's club rankings at http://www.ecaeurope.com/tabbed-content/club-ranking/.  I see United at 269th but... not sure I can find Dundee.
Unless of course you're The_Kincardine in disguise - he likes his little riddles too.

Ok , will make this simple for you.

Tell me at what point in the history of this planet have you lot had more major trophies than us ????
The Dees had that in the bag for years.

Ok will give your little mob a clap for catching up . Well done

Archived