Dundee United 2017/2018

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Flood out until after the New Year according to the Courier.

f**k!! :wacko:

2 months ago I would have never expected myself to be saying this, but he has been a vital part of our recent upturn in form.

Briels not ready to come back, what do you think?

Stanton back with Fyvie and bring in Mcmullan?

2 months ago I would have never expected myself to be saying this, but he has been a vital part of our recent upturn in form.

That doesn’t really solve the problem. Flood has a very specific goal, which is to break up play. His goals, like the one against Falkirk are rarities. Briels does similar so is a fine backup/replacement. However with both of them injured, this leaves us with a possible midfield that could be ran through.

Hopefully Fyvie can step and take over from flood. Maybe have Fraser drop deep and take over Fyvie’s role with Stanton getting put in for Fraser and McMullan going in for Stanton

15 minutes ago, Accent-Unknown said:

That doesn’t really solve the problem. Flood has a very specific goal, which is to break up play. His goals, like the one against Falkirk are rarities. Briels does similar so is a fine backup/replacement. However with both of them injured, this leaves us with a possible midfield that could be ran through.

Hopefully Fyvie can step and take over from flood. Maybe have Fraser drop deep and take over Fyvie’s role with Stanton getting put in for Fraser and McMullan going in for Stanton

It's a tough one right enough.

My only thought about that is that I reckon Fraser is currently playing his role better than Stanton is playing his. (He should have had about 6 goals from the last 3 games), and I'd be reluctant to take him out of this position, where his attacking capabilities are starting to shine through.

Add to the fact that he is still soft as shite in the tackling department, I'm not sure a deeper role would suit Fraser, as much as Stanton, who appears to be a bit tougher off the ball, and not quite so potent in attack.

Be interesting to see what Csaba does on Saturday.

22 hours ago, TONTROOPER said:

Just unearthed a match day  programme from season 1978/79 (old SPL) ...   MORTON  v  DUNDEE UNITED...  11th Nov 1978

MORTON:1)Denis Connaghan 2)Davie (Hannibal) Hayes 3)Jim Holmes 4)Barry Evans 5) Neil Orr 6) Jim Rooney 7)Bobby Russell  

8)Jimmy Miller 9)Bobby Thomson 10)Ally (Bald Eagle) Scott 11) Andy Ritchie ...Subs:John (Peanut)McNeil    /     Billy McLaren

DUNDEE UNITED: 1)Hamish McAlpine 2)Ray Stewart  3) Frank Kopel 4)George Fleming 5) Paul Hegarty 6) David Narey  7)Derek Stark

8)Paul Sturrock 9)Graeme Payne 10)Billy Kirkwood 11)Derek Addison ... Subs: Davie Dodds / Bobby Robinson        

Attendance: 6,368

SCORE: MORTON  3   (Ritchie hat-trick/1 pen)        DUNDEE UNITED 1  (scorer unknown)

That post is a wee bit off on a tangent, but I was at the game. Unsure if that was the same match that Andy Ritchie scored a free kick, quite central, but from what seemed a huge distance out.

And another tangent: Morton's substitute, Billy McLaren had an after match party trick: he used to shite in the communal team bath, allowing it to float to the top, shocking surrounding team mates. Not every week, I'd imagine.

1 hour ago, MacArab said:

Already said this is the best option with Keatings as an option to McMullan.

1 hour ago, Accent-Unknown said:

And Wigan aswell.

We should probably keep him, but Thompson’s probably gonna Thompson thing as per

I don’t think Thompson will sell him, my big worry would be if Fraser gets his head turned and wants to go.

We are in a weak position regarding Fraser. He is out of contract soon, he hasn't exactly been treated with love from some of our fans and we are a Championship side with no guarantee of promotion. If we get anything close to a half decent offer he will be off.

2 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

No team will come with a bid for Fraser even close to what would be required to tempt us to sell at this stage.

Thompson knows its getting near last throw of dice time in this league. He can go in summer with my most middling wishes.

Spot on!

Take a look at Louis Moult. He has made Motherwell shedloads more by staying with them and virtually single handedly getting them to the cup final, than the £350k Aberdeen were offering for him.

Same goes for Fraser. The risk of us not having every available chance of going up this year is not going to be worth whatever pittance anyone will be willing to pay for him in Jan.

Besides, after years of general shitebaggery and not living up to his potential, Fraser owes us a shift, and I'd be pretty pissed off if he fucked off now, just when he is starting to show signs of strolling this league.

1 minute ago, ArabianKnight said:

Yup far more useful asset atm.

Actually hud the bus.

Up turn in form and then paper talk about teams wanting him.

Hmmmm

Wonder if he knew about it and is playing for a move away then.

What??? You mean doing a Spittal?? Surely not!! :unsure2:

1 minute ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Or it could be that he's finally fully fit playing under a half decent manager in a position and a system that suits him. It's hard to say really.

The optimist in me says this is the case.

The pessimist says the approaching window is bringing out the best in him.

The  realist says it is a mixture of the 2.

The vengeful God that United have clearly pissed off sometime about 3 years ago, says that whatever the reason, he'll get injured in the Brechin game on 2nd January, and be out for the rest of the season, fucking us over whichever way.....

33 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Or it could be that he's finally fully fit playing under a half decent manager in a position and a system that suits him. It's hard to say really.

Stop trying to be rational, it doesn’t suit you.

Archived