Dundee United 2017/2018

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coming from a Dundee fan this won't mean much - but ffs get McKinnon punted. It's clear to see he's not taking you anywhere. You've still got the biggest budget in the league, no reason why you can't catch St Mirren with a decent manager in charge.

Coming from a Dundee fan this won't mean much - but ffs get McKinnon punted. It's clear to see he's not taking you anywhere. You've still got the biggest budget in the league, no reason why you can't catch St Mirren with a decent manager in charge.

Christ when your rivals want your manager sacked for being shite that’s when you know it’s time for him to go

Don't tell them Ludo

He still has the backing of some dayglos. I find it rather amusing .

4 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Sadly, you've pretty much nailed it.

5 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'd like to see him gone as would the majority of P&B Arab regulars but I don't know if we're representative of the wider support.

My concern, as I've expressed before, is that we leave it too late like we did with McNamara.

Strange you would want to sack a manager who has you at the top end of the league . This is a very tough league to get out of as its so competitive you have a good budget but that does not guarantee success.  Come December would think you will have a better idea where you stand in the league , personally i think you will be up there challenging . Have seen us playing good games but also two duff games long way to go yet lads too early to sack what i think is a good manager one who clearly has United blood in his veins. 

1 hour ago, Demented Zebra said:

Strange you would want to sack a manager who has you at the top end of the league . This is a very tough league to get out of as its so competitive you have a good budget but that does not guarantee success.  Come December would think you will have a better idea where you stand in the league , personally i think you will be up there challenging . Have seen us playing good games but also two duff games long way to go yet lads too early to sack what i think is a good manager one who clearly has United blood in his veins. 

He's had a year and a half to show that he can build and motivate a team and send them out with a reasonable set of tactics.  And he's failed.

I don't think we have any right to win the league just because we're spending more than anyone else.  But I believe we need a manager who can send out a team who have SOME chance of winning the league.

8 hours ago, Demented Zebra said:

Worked for Hibs last season.

Our manager is fucking rotten. He shits the bed with defensive tactics and uninspiring substitutions. Cant motivate the team he has built. Cant get consistent performances. His team is horrible to watch.

The fans will be turning away in droves soon. We can't afford to keep him. 

3 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Our manager is fucking rotten. He shits the bed with defensive tactics and uninspiring substitutions. Cant motivate the team he has built. Cant get consistent performances. His team is horrible to watch.

He's costing the club money, too. If he'd been sending out an exciting, or even a competent, team, he might have got significantly more fans through the gate for the Challenge Cup ties.  I suspect the PATG figures are falling week on week, too.

55 minutes ago, The DA said:

He's costing the club money, too. If he'd been sending out an exciting, or even a competent, team, he might have got significantly more fans through the gate for the Challenge Cup ties.  I suspect the PATG figures are falling week on week, too.

Not to mention the drop on season tickets next year if hes still here.

On 15 October 2017 at 17:49, Granny Danger said:

I'll babysit.

If it's any consolation it would actually be Mrs Granny babysitting and me trying to look interested.

If McKinnon is still in charge there is currently a waiting list of about 4000 babysitters on Saturday afternoons at the moment. You'll have to wait your turn.

5 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

1 hour ago, The DA said:

For me this is the issue with Ray. I've said before that I have no doubt that day-to-day the coaching sessions etc are probably pretty good (he does have all his badges after all...) but when it comes to match preparation, tactics and the ability to get a team performing on the park there is something missing. He doesn't seem to be able to manage a football team. You look at Dunfermline, St.Mirren and Livi this season so far. Teams playing good football, great energy and they are well organised. The fans are on board and things are looking promising. At the moment our plan seems to be "we have good players lets just let them play and see what happens" (very McNamara-esque)

It doesn't help that we are still in turmoil every time we lose. The online fan population, especially on Facebook, can't handle the fact we aren't very good which brings everyone on to a massive downer. This in turn will put people off from going to the games if you are a casual fan. The club seems to have lost a bit of its identity in the last couple of years, fans are at each other all the time and things are very grim in terms of how Dundee United are viewed amongst the fanbase. 

For me this is the issue with Ray. I've said before that I have no doubt that day-to-day the coaching sessions etc are probably pretty good (he does have all his badges after all...) but when it comes to match preparation, tactics and the ability to get a team performing on the park there is something missing. He doesn't seem to be able to manage a football team. You look at Dunfermline, St.Mirren and Livi this season so far. Teams playing good football, great energy and they are well organised. The fans are on board and things are looking promising. At the moment our plan seems to be "we have good players lets just let them play and see what happens" (very McNamara-esque)
It doesn't help that we are still in turmoil every time we lose. The online fan population, especially on Facebook, can't handle the fact we aren't very good which brings everyone on to a massive downer. This in turn will put people off from going to the games if you are a casual fan. The club seems to have lost a bit of its identity in the last couple of years, fans are at each other all the time and things are very grim in terms of how Dundee United are viewed amongst the fanbase. 

Excellent.

Archived