Dundee United 2017/2018

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

That was a kick in the balls tonight. Not the result, i saw that coming when Murdoch fucked us over on Monday, its the manner that we went out with.

No fight. No spirit. It petered out with no last throw of the dice. We just rolled over. The players didnt rally for the fans, the manager or themselves. The manager took off a big guy, put on a small (shite) guy then put a defender up front. Why not just put Durnan up front with Mikkelsen and go for it? Because he hasnt a clue how to win a game. He cant try to attack teams and be positive. 

Big away support and they were let down for the umpteenth time this season by the players and manager. I wont miss any of them. I feel sorry for the 5 a side team that ends up with Jamie Robson.

Everything else aside, if Mike Martin looks at the substitutions over these last two games (timing, players on and players off) and still thinks Laszlo knows what he’s doing then he needs to be put in a straight jacket and locked up securely for his own safety.

On 23/07/2017 at 13:29, FifeArab said:

Seen that on Twitter. Would be a good signing for a season. He'd score goals In this league with McMillan, Fraser, Stanton and King giving him the ball.

Scott McDonald FFS

On 25/07/2017 at 15:11, Marr1 said:

What a Signing!

I've always thought he was a diving wee p***k, but he's now our diving wee p***k!

1 Year Deal is perfect - as he probably only has a couple of years left in him at a full-time level.

Turns out he was finished

That was a kick in the balls tonight. Not the result, i saw that coming when Murdoch fucked us over on Monday, its the manner that we went out with.
No fight. No spirit. It petered out with no last throw of the dice. We just rolled over. The players didnt rally for the fans, the manager or themselves. The manager took off a big guy, put on a small (shite) guy then put a defender up front. Why not just put Durnan up front with Mikkelsen and go for it? Because he hasnt a clue how to win a game. He cant try to attack teams and be positive. 
Big away support and they were let down for the umpteenth time this season by the players and manager. I wont miss any of them. I feel sorry for the 5 a side team that ends up with Jamie Robson.

I take it Murdoch gets played at CM as part of a 442, seeing as that’s his best position. Played RB for us once and was a complete liability.

8 hours ago, stewartyftd1 said:

Dundee fans...

Enjoy. But remember we keep counting. The wait goes on and on and on and on and on...

And

On

No need to count m8, I've got the figures right here for you:

IMG-20180512-WA0011.jpg

5 minutes ago, Crawford Baptie said:

I take it Murdoch gets played at CM as part of a 442, seeing as that’s his best position. Played RB for us once and was a complete liability.

Don't be silly, this is Csaba - Murdoch has been playing RB, LB and CD.

I completely understand Dundee fans having a dig, that's the nature of the rivalry in the greatest derby in the world, but what have we done to upset everyone else?

We can't have charged you all twice for the same game...

17 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I completely understand Dundee fans having a dig, that's the nature of the rivalry in the greatest derby in the world, but what have we done to upset everyone else?

Have to say, has surprised me a bit too, stoped reading a few pages back, so if I am repeating anything here that someone else has put, apologies!

Hoping the fucking feeding frenzy is over and we can have our thread back.

For me, the way I see it, I think we should be hoping for Dundee to beat Thistle today, and County to beat St J, resulting in a Livi v County Playoff, which ideally County would win.

If County come down, Uncle Roy will be sure to throw some heavy resources at getting back up, whereas I reckon Thislte would have to cut their cloth accordingly, leaving us again with the biggest budget in the league, thus a (supposed) advantage.

Hoppy will surely get a bigger gig elsewhere in the summer, following his heroics this season, and he will be hard to replace.

We need to get rid of Csaba now, and get a new manager in ASAP who can assess what and who he can salvage from the wreckage, and start building a decent squad for next season.

Chin up my fellow Arabs, and take comfort from the fact that even were we still to be here in 10 years time, we’d still all rather be Arabs than Dees (or Sevconians for that matter).

23 minutes ago, MacArab said:

Have to say, has surprised me a bit too, stoped reading a few pages back, so if I am repeating anything here that someone else has put, apologies!

Hoping the fucking feeding frenzy is over and we can have our thread back.

For me, the way I see it, I think we should be hoping for Dundee to beat Thistle today, and County to beat St J, resulting in a Livi v County Playoff, which ideally County would win.

If County come down, Uncle Roy will be sure to throw some heavy resources at getting back up, whereas I reckon Thislte would have to cut their cloth accordingly, leaving us again with the biggest budget in the league, thus a (supposed) advantage.

Hoppy will surely get a bigger gig elsewhere in the summer, following his heroics this season, and he will be hard to replace.

We need to get rid of Csaba now, and get a new manager in ASAP who can assess what and who he can salvage from the wreckage, and start building a decent squad for next season.

Chin up my fellow Arabs, and take comfort from the fact that even were we still to be here in 10 years time, we’d still all rather be Arabs than Dees (or Sevconians for that matter).

I know Mike Martin said Csaba would be in place next season come what may but surely that was just to provide a bit of stability at the time. 

Now that Csaba's flaws as a coach are glaringly apparent, Martin has to reconsider.  We may be short of cash to replace Lazlo now but we'll be even harder up by the end of next season, when that charlatan has dragged us into the play-offs again, only this time at the other end of the table. 

What’s the point of getting rid of Csaba if United don’t change their recruiting process?

Jackie, Mixu, McKinnon and Csaba can’t all just be bad luck.  The last two only had to get you out of the Championship - while having the biggest budget!

Something a lot more serious than just poor managers going on at United.

Time to take Old Man Danger’s lead and have a season ticket boycott. ;)

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

Most folk who support wee diddy teams take a perverted sense of pleasure in seeing a huge club like United go through difficult times.  I don’t hold it against them.

It was only a few years that the bold Downdonians were going to the top of Scottish football.

They were taking in pure millions from player sales and had the most promising ever crop of young players coming through the ranks.

Stephen Thompson was the shrewdest chairman in the country and there wasn't a more well run club anywhere....

Life was going well for them until...

3 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Most folk who support wee diddy teams take a perverted sense of pleasure in seeing a huge club like United go through difficult times.  I don’t hold it against them.

That’s the spirit.  If it helps you get through these difficult times you keep on believing that.

Still not buying a season ticket if Csaba stays?

7 minutes ago, bennett said:

It was only a few years that the bold Downdonians were going to the top of Scottish football.

They were taking in pure millions from player sales and had the most promising ever crop of young players coming through the ranks.

Stephen Thompson was the shrewdest chairman in the country and there wasn't a more well run club anywhere....

Life was going well for them until...

Untill Rangers couldnt pay a 50 odd million tax bill, were run into the ground and went bust?

Wait...we just got relegated, not obliterated. Sorry. My bad.

28 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

You wonder why we dislike you :angel

Archived