Dundee United 2017/2018

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, skinny arab said:

No as he will be over the age of 23.

Oh well. That would have been a nice wee bonus as he was at United a long time.

Not too fussed about him leaving. Always thought he flattered to deceive and goes missing far too often. He never really had a long run in the side, due to a mixture of injuries and poor form.

Graham Carey is one of the stars of League One. Fraser will do well down there if he finds some consistency. Or at least he will make a decent amount of money before ending up at St Johnstone.

9 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

This is not a wind up but is there anyone in the United squad that another club would be willing to pay a decent fee for?

Given the number of players out of contract the answer is no. Looking at those still on a deal that expires beyond this season you could maybe argue Sam Stanton but even then it would be a nominal fee. 

Fraser going down south? I assume he'll be hitting the gym and the protein shakes constantly for the next 2 or 3 months so he weighs more than 4 stone soaking wet? 

He'll be lost with the physicality down there. At least he'll be on about 5 grand a week or something.

On ‎08‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 13:48, banana said:

Any idea who is and isn't out of contract in the summer?

Struggling to think of a player we really must hang onto. Our supposed best players were all mediocre again, Fraser, Stanton, McDonald, Mohsni (who seems to be mentally operating at the speed of a Commodore 64).

My mate and I both thought Mohsni strolled it for most of the game...a couple of lapses but seemed pretty solid and a decent attacking threat at set plays.

24 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

My mate and I both thought Mohsni strolled it for most of the game...a couple of lapses but seemed pretty solid and a decent attacking threat at set plays.

In relative terms, maybe.

Keep an eye on him in the return in defence, he's the opposite of the 'legs have gone, but his mind is worth a yard'.

27 minutes ago, banana said:

In relative terms, maybe.

Keep an eye on him in the return in defence, he's the opposite of the 'legs have gone, but his mind is worth a yard'.

You reckon he'll be fit? Seemed to go off with a groin injury

The one thing about Mohsni that i dont like is that he gets pulled out of position so easily.  

57 minutes ago, GrantB878 said:

Paton on the lookout for a new club, could do (and have done) a lot worse - still a year or two left in him

Nope. Kiddie on hard man that passes sideways. Part of the reason we got flushed here in the first place.

The one thing about Mohsni that i dont like is that he gets pulled out of position so easily.  
Nope. Kiddie on hard man that passes sideways. Part of the reason we got flushed here in the first place.

You’re right, he’s far worse than anything we have now and wouldn’t improve the team whatsoever.

1 hour ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

What about bringing Rankin back? Released by Queens.

Pretty sure Persson is still kicking about; if we want to bring back ex players why not go for him?

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Pretty sure Persson is still kicking about; if we want to bring back ex players why not go for him?

Good shout. Maybe having another Scandinavian in the squad could bring the best out of Emil Lyng.

4 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Good shout. Maybe having another Scandinavian in the squad could bring the best out of Emil Lyng.

I reckon we have seen the best of Emil Lyng.

Just consider that.

Archived