Dundee United 2017/2018

My Hibs mate at work was saying we had Florian Kamberi on trial In January and turned him down. Hibs took him on trial at the end of January and now he’s scored 7 goals In 11 games for them.

Standard United.

Typical! ????????‍♂️

Hopefully with Luggy there now we’ll get more decisions like that right!

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, Weegie Arab said:

Typical! 

Hopefully with Luggy there now we’ll get more decisions like that right!

Even if we had signed that guy is there any guarantee hed be 

A) played in the correct position

B) played at all

C) not gotten the standard long term injury alot of our players seem to get. 

Even if we get to the final, anyone think we've a chance of even shitfesting our way to victory against any of the relegation candidates?

Hello United fans, was just wondering how Grant Gillespie was getting on with yous, I know I was surprised when you signed him, as he'd been out of favour at Accies for quite some time, and more expected him to end up at Dumbarton or something similar.

8 minutes ago, Laid-back Accie said:

Hello United fans, was just wondering how Grant Gillespie was getting on with yous, I know I was surprised when you signed him, as he'd out of favour at Accies for quite some time, and more expected him to end up at Dumbarton or something similar.

I'm not sure he is Dumbarton quality TBH.

After our billionaire sugar daddy takes over we'll be nicking players from lofty heights such as the English Championship development teams reserve squads under 18s ball boys reserve squad.

In all seriousness i think the club are putting him on the "rubbered" list and Luggy will be doing the signings for next season.
You're prediction was correct. Darren Taylor left the club today. Official statement is on the United website.

23 minutes ago, MeadowArab said:
On 30/04/2018 at 01:14, mishtergrolsch said:
After our billionaire sugar daddy takes over we'll be nicking players from lofty heights such as the English Championship development teams reserve squads under 18s ball boys reserve squad.

In all seriousness i think the club are putting him on the "rubbered" list and Luggy will be doing the signings for next season.

You're prediction was correct. Darren Taylor left the club today. Official statement is on the United website.

I may have been ITK on that one. Just saying.

2 hours ago, MeadowArab said:
On 30/04/2018 at 01:14, mishtergrolsch said:

Hopefully he’s not the last out the door.

My dislike of Laszlo has intensified after tonight.

I had no idea who Darren Taylor was until tonight. Apparently in his first Arabzone interview he claimed to be the new ‘signings man’ and boasted about how bringing Wato Kuate to the club was all down to him. I’m amazed he lasted this long tbh.

Darren Taylor was the most stupid and pointless signing. It was basically Ray Mckinnon saying he couldnt spot a player and the fact he signed Toshney highlights that.

It shows what a shambles this club is when the manager didnt bring in players. Same with Laszlo according to the rumours.

At least Taylor's gone. Laszlo next then the board to follow hopefully.

Hello United fans, was just wondering how Grant Gillespie was getting on with yous, I know I was surprised when you signed him, as he'd been out of favour at Accies for quite some time, and more expected him to end up at Dumbarton or something similar.

He’s been doing ok, formed a decent partnership with Flood in holding midfield making us hard to beat and allowing the front 4 to play.
Didn’t have a great game last night though and if we go more attacking on Friday (let’s hope so) I suspect he’ll drop to the bench.
I’d say 6/10, unlikely to be here next season.

18 hours ago, Laid-back Accie said:

Generally he has been OK but was absolute garbage last night.

Laszlo should have been sacked the minute he brought Lyng on last night. Imbecile.

If he's still at Tannadice next season I will be surprised. Martin can't afford to ignore an entire fanbase. 

United looking at Vigurs from Inverness "according to reports" in the Tele. Do they get their rumours from football forums then write an article a week later? He is 29 and has been offered a 3 year deal from ICT.

They've also copied the Laszlo staying whatever happens story from The Sun and used "the Tele understands" line.

As soon as it is confirmed what league we are playing in next season (championship imo) the club need to release a statement confirming whether or not Laszlo will be in charge. I want him gone as do most Arabs and failure again next season could lead to a long spell out with the top flight I fear. 

Martin thinks Lazlo is a great guy and manager and is being let down by players not up to it.

I wouldn't disagree with the second part but the abject failure to remedy it in any way would lead most intelligent people and football fans to believe Lazlo isn't good enough.

37 minutes ago, skinny arab said:

As soon as it is confirmed what league we are playing in next season (championship imo) the club need to release a statement confirming whether or not Laszlo will be in charge. I want him gone as do most Arabs and failure again next season could lead to a long spell out with the top flight I fear. 

If we lose on Friday, the seethe from the stands will make it clear what the fans think of Laszlo. If they ignore that, the lack of season ticket sales will confirm the general feeling from Arabs.

Even an unlikely promotion should see Laszlo emptied.

Laszlo is a charlatan. Fair to play him he has probably made a fortune during his managerial career. His failure to last more than one full season at any club speaks volumes.

If we are to get promoted (no laughing at the back) it will take our senior players to take control/responsibility and ignore the inane ramblings from Csaba in the dressing room and on the touchline. Willo Flood is our captain though...

Archived