Dundee United 2017/2018

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

And yet still more wins already than United had last time they bothered to play in the Premiership.

That's right. We got relegated after a decade of finishing in the top 6 of Scottish football, playing and winning numerous times at the national stadium, in Europe and WINNING THE SCOTTISH CUP.

Screenshot_20180428-214709.jpg.2617297d91bb5716d3ea3d9cee6b1139.jpg

Your club have done nothing for over half a century. Never mind. That's football.

McCann :lol:

2 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

That's right. We got relegated after a decade of finishing in the top 6 of Scottish football, playing and winning numerous times at the national stadium, in Europe and WINNING THE SCOTTISH CUP.

Screenshot_20180428-214709.jpg.2617297d91bb5716d3ea3d9cee6b1139.jpg

Your club have done nothing for over half a century. Never mind. That's football.

McCann :lol:

Yep.  Just shows you how far you have fallen in recent years.  Anyone you blame in particular?

1 minute ago, Shadow Play said:

Yep.  Just shows you how far you have fallen in recent years.  Anyone you blame in particular?

Everyone knows who is to blame for the last few years.

We will be in the Premiership again and we will be relegated again in the future, just like every club apart from Celtic and Sevco (until they are liquidated).

3 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Are McMullan and Durnan back for Tuesday? 

I think Durnan is possibly out for the remainder of the season. I could be wrong but a few people have told me that it is an injury that will keep him out of the playoffs. Not sure what the deal is with McMullan.

1 hour ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Jai Quitongo would fit into Darren Taylor's signing policy of recommending players with injury issues.

After our billionaire sugar daddy takes over we'll be nicking players from lofty heights such as the English Championship development teams reserve squads under 18s ball boys reserve squad.

In all seriousness i think the club are putting him on the "rubbered" list and Luggy will be doing the signings for next season.

What team would you like to see start on Tuesday?

GK - Deniz
RB - Ralston
CB - Mohsni
CB - Murdoch / Scobie ??
LB - Robson / Scobie ??
CM - Flood
CM - Gillespie
AM - Stanton
RW - McMullan
LW - King
CF - Mickleson / McDonald ??

I like saving Fraser to have an impact from the bench and possibly starting on Friday. Would edge towards doing the same with McDonald as Big Tam is a useful target for the away leg I think and works hard.. LB & CB partner for Mohsni are tough choices unless Durnan is fit...

I'd keep Scobbie as far away from the team as is humanly possible. Reckon we'll line up with Gillespie and Flood in midfield, and I imagine Fraser will play as I think we've been wrapping him up in cotton wool since his latest comeback.

I'd keep Scobbie as far away from the team as is humanly possible. Reckon we'll line up with Gillespie and Flood in midfield, and I imagine Fraser will play as I think we've been wrapping him up in cotton wool since his latest comeback.

Hard to argue with Scobie chat, had high hopes for him as well!! Robson fills me with dread too [emoji85]

4 hours ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Agree about Scobbie; Fraser can gtf.

Id go

Deniz

Ralston Mohsni Murdoch Robson

Flood. Gillespie

King        Stanton.    McMullan

McDonald

Or

Deniz

Ralston Mohsni Murdoch Robson

Flood. Gillespie

King        McDonald.    Stanton

Mikkelsen

Mikkelsen is a decent option in the air at set pieces defensively and is at least someone to aim at for goal kicks etc.

We'd get more football out of Stanton and therefore the whole team further up the pitch.

Bring Fraser on with half an hour to go. Too much of a passenger for these games.

If we are in with a decent shout on Friday and need to open up creatively then I would play Fraser but as for tomorrow I'd be going for players that will be willing to stick to a system and at least put in a decent shift. For me McMullan, King (more recently) and Stanton have all shown that they can graft much more than Fraser. I would play those three behind McDonald with Gillespie and Flood as the holding midfielders. The back four combination is the big worry. I have confidence in Mohsni and Ralston is a far better right-back than anyone else we have but the other two positions I am really not sure about. It is a big loss having Durnan injured so for me the only real option (and it is a shit one) is Robson and Murdoch as I don't trust either Edge or Scobbie. It pisses me off that Scobbie has been so shit for us because he was exactly the type of player we needed in this squad and I thought that he was a great addition at the time. 

Archived