Dundee United 2017/2018

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Presumably this involves New York based millionaire Scotsman Alastair Borthwick who invested £300K last summer.

Looking forward to finding out more about this. 

I really hope it’s a megarich genuine fan.  Anything else is bad news.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

I really hope it’s a megarich genuine fan.  Anything else is bad news.

Borthwick is a fan. One report from last year says he bought an apartment in New York for $14.5M. 

Premiership title within 3 years 8)

1 minute ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Borthwick is a fan. One report from last year says he bought an apartment in New York for $14.5M. 

Premiership title within 3 years 8)

I genuinely want a sensible megarich fan.  Someone who will put the money in to get us back into the premiership and maybe consolidate our position there then expect us to be self financing.

It is not in the best medium-long term interest of any football club to be dependent on ongoing financial subsidy.

Maybe once we were stable we could look at fan investment with a long term objective as per the German model as @stumigoo has previously suggested.

If we could be vying for a top 6 spot down the line that would be success IMO.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

I genuinely want a sensible megarich fan.  Someone who will put the money in to get us back into the premiership and maybe consolidate our position there then expect us to be self financing.

It is not in the best medium-long term interest of any football club to be dependent on ongoing financial subsidy.

Maybe once we were stable we could look at fan investment with a long term objective as per the German model as @stumigoo has previously suggested.

If we could be vying for a top 6 spot down the line that would be success IMO.

f**k that.

New 30,000 seater stadium with gold seats.

I want a DVD player and TV built into the back of the seat infront so i can be entertained when the match is shite. 

And a monorail.

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

It's just like being on a Rangers thread.

Archived