Dundee United 2017/2018

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is that all you can say?  Why not use your post to try to defend your position.
Other than Scott Fraser (who has spent a considerable period of the season out injured) and Fraser Fyvie (who has spent a considerable period of the season out injured) Durnan has probably been our best player on a consistent basis.  The fact that you berate him shows how fucking thick you are.
You have also advocated playing Mikkelsen as a lone striker in a 4-2-3-1; The only other person who thinks that is a good idea is Csaba Laszlo.
As a matter of interest, in your opinion which United defender has been better than Durnan this season?

Mark Durnan’s been pish for weeks, even you should see that. Just because he’s been one of the better players this season doesn’t mean he shouldn’t not receive criticism.

Nobody’s been better than Durnan In defence, he’s been the steadiest overall.

5 hours ago, FifeArab said:

Mark Durnan’s been pish for weeks, even you should see that. Just because he’s been one of the better players this season doesn’t mean he shouldn’t not receive criticism.

Nobody’s been better than Durnan In defence, he’s been the steadiest overall.

Over the last few weeks which of our defenders has been better than Durnan?  

Interesting quotes from Lewis in the Courier. Sounds like he actually gives a f**k.

Harry Lewis has given a full and frank assessment of Dundee United’s failings as they lurch from one bad result to another.

The Tangerines lost 1-0 to Inverness Caledonian Thistle in the Highlands on Tuesday night to continue a dismal run that has now seen them record only one win in their last eight matches.

It has been a dramatic downfall for a team many felt were a good bet to be crowned Championship champions this season.

Instead, they currently look as if they are hanging on to a play-off spot by a thread.

Lewis, who personally had a decent game in goal against ICT, didn’t hold back when asked what he thought was wrong with United.

The on-loan Southampton keeper said: “I am getting tired of giving interviews and trying to defend that on the pitch.

“You can’t defend what we have been putting out week in, week out.

“It’s not good enough and something has to change.

“We have to pull through together as a group of lads now and realise how much is at stake here.

“If you look at the goals we concede you find that we are architects of our own downfall most of the time.

“The amount of balls we give away in our own half is a concern and people are trying to beat players and it’s not coming off.

“I think, in this match especially, nothing came off for us at all.

“We gave too many balls away. Too many passes went astray.

“It must be horrible to watch and it’s not nice to play in, to be honest.”

It has been horrible to watch and the couple of hundred United fans who travelled north on Tuesday were let down once again.

Indeed, Lewis compared the amount of supporters who attended the early-season fixture between the teams and the more modest number in the stand this time to highlight United’s troubles.

The Englishman added: “You go back to the start of the season and I remember coming up to Inverness and our end being full.

“This time, there were hardly any fans there.

“I know it’s a Tuesday night in March but…

“They don’t believe in us and they shouldn’t believe in us.

“We have given them nothing to believe in.”

Indeed, some of United’s defending sent a shiver up the spine and Lewis wasn’t immune.

He said: “Bilel Mohsni has come in and he has a bit of composure about him but we look nervous.

“I don’t know if it’s a confidence thing and confidence is built on results in football.

“When you are not getting results, like us, you know there is no confidence.

“So that’s maybe why we looked so panicky.

“We are so shaky at the back. Playing behind the defence sometimes, it’s difficult.

“There is no structure to the team and we look so soft out there when we go and play.

“I think some teams just love to play against us.”

"There is no structure to the team"- Sounds like he has as much faith in the manager as the fans.

Lewis noting the fans abandoning the team in their droves. Thats not nice to read. I do hope it turns round and you lads can get back to going to the football on a Saturday.

The players aren’t playing for the fans. I don’t mind watching scruffy kick and punt football or us even getting beat. All I want to see Is some fight and passion like the players care even a little.

1 hour ago, FifeArab said:

I said nobody has been better than him In the last few weeks either but he’s still been shit.

So you agree that there’s been worse defenders both over the course of the season AND over the last few and yet you still aim your ire at Durnan?  Strange.

So you agree that there’s been worse defenders both over the course of the season AND over the last few and yet you still aim your ire at Durnan?  Strange.

Saying there have been worse defenders over the course of the season still doesn't make Durnan Vincent Kompany...............

1 minute ago, Dirty Arab 83 said:

Saying there have been worse defenders over the course of the season still doesn't make Durnan Vincent Kompany...............

No I agree, but with so many of our players being rotten I wonder why FifeArab singles out Durnan and not for the first time.

Anyway I’ve made my point.

I wonder if Harry Lewis will get dropped on Saturday given his interview in today's papers. He is spot on but usually managers don't like players telling it like it is (especially if he is insinuating that there is no "structure"). He is a young keeper with a very cushy contract to go back to at Southampton so maybe he's just thought "f**k it, I'll just be honest and see where that goes". 

If he isnt sacked and if we dont sell season tickets and no one pays at the gate to watch this shite in the championship then whats the outcome? 

So United were riding high in the top flight with an impressive squad of players and in a healthy financial position then Shabba turned up and ruined it all?

Do you not want to see the bigger picture or are you unaware of it's existence?

So United were riding high in the top flight with an impressive squad of players and in a healthy financial position then Shabba turned up and ruined it all?

Bigger picture..........UTD were top of the league when Shabba took over.........nuf said.

1 hour ago, stumigoo said:

I wonder if Harry Lewis will get dropped on Saturday given his interview in today's papers. He is spot on but usually managers don't like players telling it like it is (especially if he is insinuating that there is no "structure"). He is a young keeper with a very cushy contract to go back to at Southampton so maybe he's just thought "f**k it, I'll just be honest and see where that goes". 

I think Laszlo will punish him by making him play every minute of every game for the rest of the season.  That will include two play-off games at most.

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I think Laszlo will punish him by making him play every minute of every game for the rest of the season.  That will include two play-off games at most.

Genuinely the first optimistic Dundee Utd fan I've seen in a while

3 hours ago, Walter said:

When did i say any of that? At what point did i declare we were flying high in the top league?

We were riding alot higher than we were when Laszlo came in. Then our two best players got injured and hes not had a fucking clue what to do.

The bigger picture is this - if we keep him, i say again, how many season tickets do you think we would sell? How many weekly PATG folk are going to be flooding through the gates to see Csabas team playing Csabas style?

More than this season?

Do you not understand that this is the worst state United have ever been in?

I dont know if you realise, but fans wont pay to watch this. And with lower income then its a slippery slope. 

We cant afford to not sack the slabbering fool.

Or have i missed the big picture?

18 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Interesting quotes from Lewis in the Courier. Sounds like he actually gives a f**k.

"There is no structure to the team"- Sounds like he has as much faith in the manager as the fans.

I always think it reads a bit strangely when a goalkeeper comes out with stuff like that.  

He tries to make it sound collective when he refers to "we" and "us", but despite being a member of the defence, it's clear that he's really having a big go at others when he talks about poor passing, giving the ball away, being soft and lacking structure.  His position, as well as his loanee status, seems to grant him some detachment. 

He's clearly pissed off, but from the outside, it's hard to see how it helps.

Archived