Dundee United 2017/2018

5 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Yeah his appointments have been bad, the thing is that it’s a difficult thing to get right.

Out of the five you’ve mentioned the only one I may have been reluctant about at the time was Mixu.  I was happy with Csaba in that he wasn’t the typicalYogi appointment.  Thompson’s biggest failing was timing and his lack of decisiveness.

For what it’s worth I actually thought Csaba would be a half decent appointment as well.  Mixu’s appointment was laughable and I’ve no idea why anyone would have thought it would work.  

I think McKinnon is a very good communicator and talks a very good game but struggles tactically.  Now, which team currently has a manager just like that?

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

The time for Csaba to worry is if United fans get yellow flyers made so that all United fans can hold them up as the match time clock shows 10 minutes.  Imagine Csaba’s horror as they held up the flyers and chanted “WE WANT CSABA OUT.  SAY WE WANT CSABA OUT” for precisely 2 minutes.  To make sure Csaba knows it is only him they are not happy with they would probably wish to break into a “roaring crescendo” making as much noise as possible as the match clock shows 12 minutes.

Why has no one thought of this before?

A “Csaba Out” campaign might not be the worst idea.  Becomes a bit less effective when there’s more folk in the dugout than in the stands.

2 minutes ago, FifeArab said:

Thank you.

Is that all you can say?  Why not use your post to try to defend your position.

Other than Scott Fraser (who has spent a considerable period of the season out injured) and Fraser Fyvie (who has spent a considerable period of the season out injured) Durnan has probably been our best player on a consistent basis.  The fact that you berate him shows how fucking thick you are.

You have also advocated playing Mikkelsen as a lone striker in a 4-2-3-1; The only other person who thinks that is a good idea is Csaba Laszlo.

As a matter of interest, in your opinion which United defender has been better than Durnan this season?

49 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

The time for Csaba to worry is if United fans get yellow flyers made so that all United fans can hold them up as the match time clock shows 10 minutes.  Imagine Csaba’s horror as they held up the flyers and chanted “WE WANT CSABA OUT.  SAY WE WANT CSABA OUT” for precisely 2 minutes.  To make sure Csaba knows it is only him they are not happy with they would probably wish to break into a “roaring crescendo” making as much noise as possible as the match clock shows 12 minutes.

Why has no one thought of this before?

My testicles retract up to my oesophagus everytime I see ROARING CRESCENDO.

1 minute ago, Fifespud said:

Biscuits on the radio talking about ‘loyal United fans’. What a lot of shite he slavers.

20,000 of the flag wavers at the cup final, but when they needed them most they couldn't fill a 3,000 capacity stand. Home gates falling like a stone as well.

11 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

20,000 of the flag wavers at the cup final, but when they needed them most they couldn't fill a 3,000 capacity stand. Home gates falling like a stone as well.

Still not reached averaging sub-3000 over a season like Dundee in the 90s. Were you one of the Derry Loyal? :lol:

22 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Still not reached averaging sub-3000 over a season like Dundee in the 90s. Were you one of the Derry Loyal? :lol:

Funsters have short memories.

Probably linked to their small brains.

29 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Those first two words are telling; Szamo knows it's coming. 

42 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Give it time.  You’ve got plenty more seasons in the Championship to see how low your crowds will go.  

Actually when you discover Csaba is with you for another season and Old Man Danger’s season ticket boycott campaign gets underway who knows how low you’ll go. 

5 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Give it time.  You’ve got plenty more seasons in the Championship to see how low your crowds will go.  

Actually when you discover Csaba is with you for another season and Old Man Danger’s season ticket boycott campaign gets underway who knows how low you’ll go. 

Looking forward to it.

#2797 #Derry Loyal

Pretty sure there was around 28000. Also remember Dundee not being able to sell out anything close to their allocation for their first Scottish Cup Final in decades against Rangers back at the turn of the millenium

34 minutes ago, Twinkle said:
1 hour ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Pretty sure there was around 28000. Also remember Dundee not being able to sell out anything close to their allocation for their first Scottish Cup Final in decades against Rangers back at the turn of the millenium

You cant just go throwing facts about like that.

Tut tut.

Archived