Dundee United 2017/2018

18 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

Is it not the case that it might be easier to attract a few investors rather than one? If you ask one fan to purchase say 60% of the club it might detract compared to three or four investors splitting that shareholding.  

If I had the sort of money to buy a club like United I think I would want control rather than putting in a huge amount and still having a minority say in how the club was run.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Crawford Baptie said:

Karma coming back to bite yer arse. Him and his scumbag faither shafted is a few times. To add to that, overspent and has now left you in a position of possible administration.

Imagine being seething someone took Ian mcall off you 15 years ago.

3 minutes ago, Crawford Baptie said:

Actively campaigning against us being promoted, ground sharing and general cuntishness tbh.

It's absolutely the Thompson's fault that your club decided not to spend any money on your crumbling ground and hope the top division clubs would ignore the rules.

24 minutes ago, Crawford Baptie said:

Karma coming back to bite yer arse. Him and his scumbag faither shafted is a few times. To add to that, overspent and has now left you in a position of possible administration.

Karma Chameleon. 

It's absolutely the Thompson's fault that your club decided not to spend any money on your crumbling ground and hope the top division clubs would ignore the rules.

The reasons behind the lack of redevelopment of Brockville were done to death back in the day. However will give you another insight.

The 10000 seater rule meant that the area that the stadium was on would not be big enough to be either developed or re-built. There were issues re Councillor objections, logistical issues relating to the Network Rail Bridge not being strong enough to support vehicles required for a re-build as well as cost implications for the work required.

10 minutes ago, Crawford Baptie said:

The reasons behind the lack of redevelopment of Brockville were done to death back in the day. However will give you another insight.

The 10000 seater rule meant that the area that the stadium was on would not be big enough to be either developed or re-built. There were issues re Councillor objections, logistical issues relating to the Network Rail Bridge not being strong enough to support vehicles required for a re-build as well as cost implications for the work required.

So you didn't and couldn't meet the rules then?

57 minutes ago, Crawford Baptie said:

To be fair, Stephen Thomson is not exactly flavour of the month with most Arabs just now either.

As for Eddie, as he is no longer around to defend himself I reckon an element of respect for this should be considered when making such comments.

That's all....

I would imagine the next move is to get Bryan Jackson out of retirement, hit the big red admin button, tear up existing contracts, and give Martin the nod as preferred bidder, and he sweeps up STs shares for a cheeky £50k.

Of course, creditors can f**k right off, and following Dunfermline’s shameless “0p in the £” offer to secure a CVA, Mr Jackson will be asked to ensure a similar outcome.

Cue many months of crocodile tears and heartfelt outbursts of “I don’t care what league we are in, I just want the club to survive.”

Once the dirty deal is done, then the calls to “speculate to accumulate” will be in full cry.

Doubtlesss I have missed something, but you get the gist.

10 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I would imagine the next move is to get Bryan Jackson out of retirement, hit the big red admin button, tear up existing contracts, and give Martin the nod as preferred bidder, and he sweeps up STs shares for a cheeky £50k.

Of course, creditors can f**k right off, and following Dunfermline’s shameless “0p in the £” offer to secure a CVA, Mr Jackson will be asked to ensure a similar outcome.

Cue many months of crocodile tears and heartfelt outbursts of “I don’t care what league we are in, I just want the club to survive.”

Once the dirty deal is done, then the calls to “speculate to accumulate” will be in full cry.

Yeah I think you’ve missed your appointment with your mental health care professional.  Can’t be easy getting around in this weather right enough.

Thompson had to go and I don't see a local businessman wanting to pay a fortune (for most of us) to take control of the club as a bad thing. It would be far worse if there was no one around with the means to buy out ST and he began to lose even more interest. I do wonder how things would have worked out had he not appointed McNamara but we will never know. Every club outside Celtic are a couple of poor decisions away from the mess United find themselves in and most clubs have been  (many worse).

Seems Sevconians (and the odd Falkirk fan) are believers in "karma". I thought it was just middle aged women on Facebook who share inspirational quotes and pay to get told a pack of lies from mediums that use this term. How United being shite has anything to do with a now defunct club racking up 10s of millions of debt, dodging her majesty's tax and being liquidated is beyond me.

You really don’t understand the basic modus operandi do you? Not got a clue. All this is stuff for mental health professionals, and not how it works time and time again.  No sir, not in Scotland.

I thought when you were described as a “buffoon”, it was your typical OTT forum insult. Apparently not. I think it’s best if I leave you to your own devices. There’s something mildly creepy about your demeanour.

Could I ask that you don’t follow me about. I know you have previous, but I am asking nicely, and you need to respect that.

19 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Sevco thread is on the premiership forum DF.

ETA so is the Dee's thread.

14 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

You really don’t understand the basic modus operandi do you? Not got a clue. All this is stuff for mental health professionals, and not how it works time and time again.  No sir, not in Scotland.

I thought when you were described as a “buffoon”, it was your typical OTT forum insult. Apparently not. I think it’s best if I leave you to your own devices. There’s something mildly creepy about your demeanour.

Could I ask that you don’t follow me about. I know you have previous, but I am asking nicely, and you need to respect that.

Dundee United fan following you about the Dundee United thread?  The bounder.

Some United fans calling this a 'new dawn for the club'. Its not. Martin is Thompson's puppet and has been for years. Thompson might not be named chairman but will still have the overall say.  The Gussie Park money won't be going anywhere near United.  How many people do United owe now, double figures?  

What a shambles United are, 5-10years back they were talks of them being the 3rd biggest club in Scotland, now they 16th (going on league positions) with Livingston, Morton ahead of them. 

United are on the brink of collapse and will follow Grenta & Rangers, and their fans are thinking this is a 'new dawn'.   

Edit: If you don't like this or my previous posts, its because the truth hurts. 

Archived