Dundee United 2017/2018

Honestly: When do you lads think Csaba should/will get the bullet? He has to be up there with the worst United managers in living memory and I include all in the cluster f**k of the past few years you guys have had.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It must now be conceivable for United to slip out of the top four, which would be pretty incredible.

Even if they don't, their chances of successfully negotiating play-offs, especially from third or fourth place, can't be great.

What then?  It took Hibs three seasons to get back up, but they had bigger obstacles to begin with and greater resources for longer.  All natural hilarity apart, what might Dundee United become?  

Are they big enough for us to assume they'll find their way back to becoming a top flight fixture, or are they small enough to become a bit of a Falkirk/Dunfermline/Dare I say it, Dundee, type outfit?

Have they officially become part of Scottish football's Precariat?

Sore one for United as was for us last week Livie are looking good even though they have 14 year old kids practicing golf on the pitch while the players in the training ground  practise physical contact they have spirit , hunger which United lack. I think United will beat us next week unfortunately my view is it is too late but most of you know that.  You will be in the play off's sadly I don't see the hunger. Another year in the championship is reality only bright note is United are a big club if I was a United fan I would want Hopkins as manager next season you need someone hungary for sucess and understands the history of the club.  

20 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Sore one for United as was for us last week Livie are looking good even though they have 14 year old kids practicing golf on the pitch while the players in the training ground  practise physical contact they have spirit , hunger which United lack. I think United will beat us next week unfortunately my view is it is too late but most of you know that.  You will be in the play off's sadly I don't see the hunger. Another year in the championship is reality only bright note is United are a big club if I was a United fan I would want Hopkins as manager next season you need someone hungary for sucess and understands the history of the club.  

They've already got one of those, but it's not working out too well so far. :(

Sadly, next year will be more of the same. More has beens, never beens and Toshney.

The manager needs to go before he spunks this million quid from selling Gussie on more utter shite like Lying. 

Id actually be up for Stuart McCall. Think hed do a decent job tbh.

I heard there was a Q&A with Mike Martin (who seems now to be a very influential figure) a couple of weeks ago where it was claimed that Csaba will still be here next season regardless of what happens.

Maybe someone on here can confirm that.

If true I can see Season Ticket sales take a dive; I think the the supporters have been pretty loyal given everything that’s happened but there will be a breaking point.

9 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Just unfortunate for you guys that United are even more beatable.

This really is a b*****d of a division though. Impossible to predict results.

Yip, we’re fucked.:blink:

10 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

DABs in der Fundesliga :lol:

Seriously mate? Your mob are a bawhair away from coming down to join us.

I have always had a soft spot for Thistle, and plenty of respect for Jags fans for obvious reasons.

Your regular input on here however is almost enough for me to hope you get relegated again, just to piss you off. 

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

I heard there was a Q&A with Mike Martin (who seems now to be a very influential figure) a couple of weeks ago where it was claimed that Csaba will still be here next season regardless of what happens.

No chance he survives if you finish outside the top four.

As unlikely as it seems now, you *could* still sneak up via the play-offs. 

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Maybe someone on here can confirm that.

If true I can see Season Ticket sales take a dive; I think the the supporters have been pretty loyal given everything that’s happened but there will be a breaking point.

I've been at three meetings with 'Senior Management' who have all waxed lyrical about how much they love Csaba. David Southern, David Dorward and most recently Mike Martin have all said that Laszlo is here for the "long haul" and they fully support him. There is the possibility that they could have been lying to present a united front and there is also the chance that if we do continue to slip in the league then maybe he would be sacked in the summer. My own gut feeling is that as long as we are in the playoffs the board will give him until a similar time next season that McKinnon was given (October/November time). If we did indeed fall out of the playoff spots then surely his position would be untenable. 

Archived