Dundee United 2017/2018

3 hours ago, bobbycoxblue said:

The way to dens when your club needs you most ??

You're quite fixated with this aren't you Bobby???

Here's my view on it, as since I have joined P&B, I haven't given it.

There was a complete inevitability about the outcome of that game, in that somehow, (fucking somehow), over the course of the bulk of a season,  Mixu managed to masterfully orchestrate the possibility that out if all of the fucking places we could get officially relegated, was at fucking Dens.

From the moment that this became even the vaguest of possibilities, United hurtled towards the inevitable shitfest at Dens, where (given what had happened to us over the course of the season) the outcome was written before a  ball was even kicked.

I reckon every Arab knew what was going to happen, and rightly or wrongly some could not stomach the inevitable outcome.  In addition, paying you c***s (no offence) for the privelige of witnessing this first hand, was probably too much to bear for some people.

I was not there. (There, I'm out), but had personal reasons (which I'm not comfortable sharing with you as yet Bobby) as to why, but it wasn't because I was deserting my club.

Like 14/05/1983 for us, you'll always have this night to remember and cherish, so fair play and enjoy. 

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Sting777 said:

Mmmm.. Not sure on that one...lol. The jags fans were magnificent that season. A lot of the posted missing fans rallied round the club and gave generously, but as much credit goes to the fans of other clubs, who despite the rivalry, gave plenty to save the club, with a special word to the St Mirren fans that turned up on in big numbers in our first game after Save The Jags was launched and gave generously. Personally I would give money to any Scottish club in financial trouble......with the exception of two (and I ain't  referring to Clyde or Clyde reserves....lol) 

Spot on.

If things were really about get desperate, I would hope that the bulk of the 28,000 Arabs at the last 2 Scottish Cup finals, could have a rummage behind the sofa for some cash to help the club out.

I would.... 

You're quite fixated with this aren't you Bobby???
Here's my view on it, as since I have joined P&B, I haven't given it.
There was a complete inevitability about the outcome of that game, in that somehow, (fucking somehow), over the course of the bulk of a season,  Mixu managed to masterfully orchestrate the possibility that out if all of the fucking places we could get officially relegated, was at fucking Dens.
From the moment that this became even the vaguest of possibilities, United hurtled towards the inevitable shitfest at Dens, where (given what had happened to us over the course of the season) the outcome was written before a  ball was even kicked.
I reckon every Arab knew what was going to happen, and rightly or wrongly some could not stomach the inevitable outcome.  In addition, paying you c***s (no offence) for the privelige of witnessing this first hand, was probably too much to bear for some people.
I was not there. (There, I'm out), but had personal reasons (which I'm not comfortable sharing with you as yet Bobby) as to why, but it wasn't because I was deserting my club.
Like 14/05/1983 for us, you'll always have this night to remember and cherish, so fair play and enjoy. 

As long as your happy [emoji16]

I always enjoy the atmosphere of a Friday night game at Tannadice; not sure the atmosphere will be quite as good this time around.  :lol:

I can't even imagine what our respective leagues positions will be by the time this rolls around but I hope it's not a decisive game; that would be a bit shit.

The coming weeks have the potential to be a horror show unless Csaba can get some structure and bite in the team.  We need Scobbie back as he is the closest we have to a leader in the squad and, as others have said, we need a change in formation starting with our visit to Inverness on Saturday.

13 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Friday morning, up with the mice
St Mirren crowned champs at Tannadice
Hey hey hey it's a Beautiful Day

Probably

Or one for the players if they don't buck up their ideas:

Friday evening it's a sensation

Just before kick off its administration

Hey, hey, hey you're not getting your pay

Very funny!

And I hope that despite my Dark Blue persuasion that you don't have to live the real horror of understanding that you might be losing your football team. Administration is not a happy place.
Languish below the Dark Blues for years in the desperate hope of being promoted yes, we've had that agonising desperate wait- albeit with no playoffs- but liquidation, no, not even for you boys.

7 minutes ago, Chateau Lafite said:

Very funny!

And I hope that despite my Dark Blue persuasion that you don't have to live the real horror of understanding that you might be losing your football team. Administration is not a happy place.
Languish below the Dark Blues for years in the desperate hope of being promoted yes, we've had that agonising desperate wait- albeit with no playoffs- but liquidation, no, not even for you boys.

That’s a kind thought and much appreciated.  

I have decided that the only approach is gallows humour and hoping for the best.  I doubt I’ll be the only Arab on here to take this approach.

The one thing I’ll continue to do is go along and support the team; can’t teally do much more.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Friday evening, it's a beautiful night, 

Sadly we are still utter shite.

Hey hey hey no promotion today....:(

15 minutes ago, Chateau Lafite said:

Very funny!

Fucking ooze class with a post like that.

See if the rest of the Dees on here posted stuff like that,  we wouldn't think you were all such a bunch of c***s....:rolleyes:

5 minutes ago, CamaroSaint said:

Fixed it

No you fucking didn't,  you broke it.

GD has admin well covered in his version, and has it under copyright....

I liked my version the way it was thank you.:(

Archived