Dundee United 2017/2018

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

For the simpletons that may be tempted to believe some of the nonsense being spouted on here it is worth pointing out that the last set of published accounts for the two clubs show Dundee United in the black by over £1.8 million whilst Dundee is in the red to the tune of £720k.

Mind you this is just a fact and shouldn’t let anyone get in the way of meaningless speculation.

:)

Lets not get away from the facts. There is a stark contrast in Dundee Football Club and Dundee United Football Club. 

-Dundee FC are in the top league in Scotland, which means more money through TV and away fans. They have players they can sell on. They have a settle board and a chairman that actually has wealth. The owner father donates his spare change to Republican party in the US.  Dundee FC don't go around asking for loans, and securing them against assets.  They sold two players last year for £750, 000 which basically covers the loss from the previous year, which is the point you are making. 

-Dundee United FC. Your auditors resigned last year. You have umpteen secured loans against Stadium, Shop etc... and unsecured loans. You are running a heavy loss in the Championship with no away fans and virtually zero TV money. You also have very few sellable players. You have players on one year contracts. For a club every 5/6 months requiring a loan to keep them going of around £250k is worrying. In fact, the handouts will run out. The Dundee United Foundation has all but failed with United supporters not signing up to help the fight. 

DUFC are basically insolvent and are totally reliant upon loans, handouts and creditors goodwill. 

Your club, Dundee United FC do have three plans. We shall call them, A,B,C to make it simple. 

Plan A; DUFC gain promotion into the premiership in 17/18 season. With your loans being paid back over the course of 4 years. Your aim will be to survive in that league and try to build whilst getting the debt down. 

Plan B; DUFC  fail to gain promotion into the premiership in 17/18 season. You reduce your budget by 60%. Resulting in less expenditure and staff loses. Your youth academy will be shrunk. You will let go off your St Andrews base. Your wage budget will be similar to Dunfermline FC. However you still have high debt for your level of income, with your promotion chances smaller each season.  Admin a possibility. Still reliant on loans to keep you going, unless your drastically cut the costs. Rumours of £50k-100£ loss a month. 

Plan C; DUFC put themselves into Administration. The administrator will cut the loses as much as they can. Resulting in job loses etc.. If debt can't be paid back, the debtors own the assets that it is secured against. So the following people will own the following; 

Mr A Borthwick; Car Park at Gussie Park. Gussie Park Sports Ground, Subjects Southeast of Tannadice Stadium 

Mrs C Thompson; subjects northeast of Gussie Park, subjects southeast of Tannadice Stadium, 

H Drummond: Tannadice Stadium. 

This will result in regime change, with Mr G Deuchars coming on board and maybe Mr Jamieson and the idea of a community club has been spoken about. Living in your means too. You would then rent your stadium from H Drummond. Rent your training facility from A Borthwick etc... However have zero debt and no overdraft facility. 

Remember administration is very risk for a business that is debt laden and has no assets.  There is every chance that your company is winded up hence why 'United FC' is created by Thompson.  A bit like Rangers with Sevco. 

To give S Thompson  credit, he has foreseen this as a possibility and has Gussie, Shop, Stadium and Subjects out of the name of Dundee United FC. Yes it states Dundee United FC will be around, of course it would be just in what name though? Bit like Rangers FC under sevco. 

This is public knowledge on companies house website. A bit of googling and you will find this info. 

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Juantwothree said:

I'm not on the wynd up here but are united really in financial difficulties? If they are and end up in administration I will laugh but I will feel for the dabs that go to every game and have been let down by Thompson over and over again. As much as I hate United I wouldn't wish admin on them, just lingering in the championship for a few years would do me. 

Another loan of £250 000 last week apparently 

Surely Utd fans don't believe this league is over. I'm like majority of saints supporters don't believe it's over. I still think anyone can't beat anyone in the league. You've got a game in hand and we still need to visit you at home. League is far from over albeit I'd still rather have the points in the bag right now.

1 minute ago, paisleysaints said:

Surely Utd fans don't believe this league is over. I'm like majority of saints supporters don't believe it's over. I still think anyone can't beat anyone in the league. You've got a game in had and we still need to visit you at home. League is far from over albeit I'd still rather have the points in the bag right now.

St Mirren will need at the very most 22 more points to win the league. 7 wins and 1 draw shouldn’t be too difficult for you boys. 

St Mirren will need at the very most 22 more points to win the league. 7 wins and 1 draw shouldn’t be too difficult for you boys. 
Years of disappointment doesn't let us look too far ahead we'll enjoy how we are at the moment take one game at a time.

2 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

While this may be true, there aren't many St. Mirren fans who are wholly comfortable in a position of strength.

We accept that at present, there isn't  much looking likely to derail us but it's still wholly possible.

It all comes down to the game at Tannadice. If Utd can get to within striking distance between now and then, it's going to be nervy. That being said, Utd do appear to have a slightly tougher run of fixtures so the hope is that we at least manage to maintain what they're doing in terms of results.

4 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

While this may be true, there aren't many St. Mirren fans who are wholly comfortable in a position of strength.

We accept that at present, there isn't  much looking likely to derail us but it's still wholly possible.

It all comes down to the game at Tannadice. If Utd can get to within striking distance between now and then, it's going to be nervy. That being said, Utd do appear to have a slightly tougher run of fixtures so the hope is that we at least manage to maintain what they're doing in terms of results.

This.

I've seen St.Mirren lose a cup final to nine men, go out of Europe despite leading 4-3 at home with two mins left and having 3 away goals in the bag and draw a game 3-3 when leading 3-0 with ten mins left.

Long way to go.

5 minutes ago, Div said:

This.

I've seen St.Mirren lose a cup final to nine men, go out of Europe despite leading 4-3 at home with two mins left and having 3 away goals in the bag and draw a game 3-3 when leading 3-0 with ten mins left.

Long way to go.

So have i but the difference this time is Jack Ross... The legend.

8 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

You boys just need to keep doing what you are doing though. Its Utd that need a step up they barely look capable of. First game under Laszlo when they scudded us, despite our ineptitude that day, I was convinced they would click. It now seems that they have fallen off again and have really played all their cards by the look of it. Despite looking a bit shit last season they ground their way to third, but they really dont look capable of the sort of form to overhaul you.

I also heard Ross on the radio yesterday. He seems to be relishing being the front runner and keeping Morgan and having the chance to strengthen is huge for you.

Also, like I said at the time, please never forget how we obliterated the very core of your only potential title rivals.

I think the fact that Utd lost their core in Fyvie and Fraser for the rest of the season in quick succession is the thing that's hurt them most deeply.

We're currently settled and in the last two games, there's been moments where Morgan, Magennis and McGinn have each taken really sore looking ones that they've struggled with for a few minutes afterwards and you can hear the crowd holding their collective breaths until they run it off. An injury to a key player is sometimes all it takes to f**k your shape and balance up completely.

42 minutes ago, paisleysaints said:

Surely Utd fans don't believe this league is over. I'm like majority of saints supporters don't believe it's over. I still think anyone can't beat anyone in the league. You've got a game in hand and we still need to visit you at home. League is far from over albeit I'd still rather have the points in the bag right now.

I don’t believe it’s over but I’d far rather be in your position than in ours.

The reality is that Fyvie and Fraser, our best two players by a mile this season, have picked up long term injuries and this has, and will continue to have, a huge impact on our performances.

Such is life.

29 minutes ago, Div said:

This.

Long way to go.

On this day a few years ago, we were 2-1 up away to a ten-man Hearts team. Lost 5-2.

I think the fact that Utd lost their core in Fyvie and Fraser for the rest of the season in quick succession is the thing that's hurt them most deeply.
We're currently settled and in the last two games, there's been moments where Morgan, Magennis and McGinn have each taken really sore looking ones that they've struggled with for a few minutes afterwards and you can hear the crowd holding their collective breaths until they run it off. An injury to a key player is sometimes all it takes to f**k your shape and balance up completely.

Unusually for a rival fan on this thread you're fair and accurate in you're assessment of the situation.
In terms of ability, with Fyvie and Fraser in the team I think our two squads are neck and neck, maybe with us having a slight edge; both are reliant on a small band of good players.
Without our two best players we've lost any spark or creativity and the ability to boss games. you saw the difference in the 2-0 game where we were probably marginally better in the first half, should have been 1 up at half time with the penalty, then Morgan won the game in the second half with two long range shots.
I still don't think there is a massive difference between the teams, and if we won our game in hand and the game at tannadice we would be two points behind, therefore it would be unwise to think the title was 100% won or lost.
However the reason why I think you will win it is our mental fragility, unless we go in with a half time lead we don't look like we believe we can win a game. Whereas you look like you have the ability and belief to come from behind (queens game) and win comfortably even when you're not at your best (going by radio commentary this seemed to be the case yesterday).
Hope I'm wrong and think I still could be, but at the moment or best hope looks like a long term injury to Morgan and or mcginn.

3 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Hopefully the Premiership break ends soon so my eyes don't have to read such shite drivel from our neighbours.

This.... It's ballachingly tedious, which is the idea tbf....

As for the sensible posters on here, (Arabs and Buddies alike) not much more to add than has been said already.

I don't think the league is over by a long shot, though obviously it doesn't look good good us at the moment,

The cup game next week is coming at a good time in terms of being useful to get some of our newer players some badly needed match fitness, and allowing time for some of our injured players to recover and ideally rejoin the squad.  Our bench yesterday (with due respect to the young boys that were on it) was totally unacceptable, aware of course that was all we had.

Hopefully by the Morton game (thank f**k we finally have one back at Tannadice) we will have some depth back, and get a badly needed confidence boosting result.

Archived