Dundee United 2017/2018

6 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Reveal hidden contents

article-2300058-006A36EF00000258-748_634

Just what I was thinking Mark......

P.S - in less than 10 words Granny, Why does Virginton hate you so much???

(I guess I could trawl all of P&B to find out but was hoping it would be quicker if you could just enlighten me)

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

This thread is to Pie and Bovril what Paul Quinn is to defending.

Bit harsh..... on the thread I mean.:(

Besides, what do you expect, we're fucking infested with Dees....

Hope that means we'll get promoted on the second attempt then.

It’ll be a minter if you don’t. There’s only one other credible contender for the title and they’ve only got one good player.

Someone talked about our inability to come back from losing positions on the Dunfermline game thread so I looked in to it.

Not once have we come back from a losing position this season to win a match. From a quick look over the fixtures we've only scored 3 times this season after the other team has scored in a game (against Queens, Dumbarton and Morton).

This, more than anything else says to me that we won't get promoted. Aside from last weekends fiasco we've looked far more organised, purposeful etc against teams. A new manager can generally make a team less likely to concede goals and make you more dangerous on the whole(again Falkirk aside) but he can't change the mindset of the team overnight.

It took Ross much of the season last year to do this at st Mirren. We still have a chronic lack of belief in the team and quite frankly a collection of shitebags who have become accustomed to the acceptance of mediocrity and failure.

If we are to get promoted there will have to be a sea change in the culture and atmosphere of the club, and I don't see that happening this season

19 hours ago, MacArab said:

P.S - in less than 10 words Granny, Why does Virginton hate you so much???

(I guess I could trawl all of P&B to find out but was hoping it would be quicker if you could just enlighten me)

Don’t know.  Don’t care.  He doesn’t deserve the attention.

16 hours ago, dregs 83 said:

Someone talked about our inability to come back from losing positions on the Dunfermline game thread so I looked in to it.

Not once have we come back from a losing position this season to win a match. From a quick look over the fixtures we've only scored 3 times this season after the other team has scored in a game (against Queens, Dumbarton and Morton).

This, more than anything else says to me that we won't get promoted. Aside from last weekends fiasco we've looked far more organised, purposeful etc against teams. A new manager can generally make a team less likely to concede goals and make you more dangerous on the whole(again Falkirk aside) but he can't change the mindset of the team overnight.

It took Ross much of the season last year to do this at st Mirren. We still have a chronic lack of belief in the team and quite frankly a collection of shitebags who have become accustomed to the acceptance of mediocrity and failure.

If we are to get promoted there will have to be a sea change in the culture and atmosphere of the club, and I don't see that happening this season

Sums up my feelings on the matter. We're not that great a team anyway, but we're so mentally fragile it's terrifying. When we lose a goal we completely fall to pieces.

12 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Sums up my feelings on the matter. We're not that great a team anyway, but we're so mentally fragile it's terrifying. When we lose a goal we completely fall to pieces.

Surly your manager will make changes. Our last game with you confirms what I'm reading United were looking the better team by far then Saints scored your heads seem to go down. To me you need a strong well respected captain in the middle of the park who can drive the team on of course words are easier than actions. Still think United and Saints will push each other to the wire one bad day at the office does not make you a bad team. 

Surly your manager will make changes. Our last game with you confirms what I'm reading United were looking the better team by far then Saints scored your heads seem to go down. To me you need a strong well respected captain in the middle of the park who can drive the team on of course words are easier than actions. Still think United and Saints will push each other to the wire one bad day at the office does not make you a bad team. 

A very good point, lack of leadership ON the field, when the game plan goes wrong where's the strong captain pulling things back together, every good UTD team has had one, but sadly lacking today.

2 hours ago, Demented Zebra said:

But they have the old warriors of Flood and MacDonald to lead them on.

7 hours ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

It's been like that since the beginning of the season we went down.

How many times did we go ahead that season, have Billy McKay f**k up a 1 on 1 with the keeper which would have made it 2, only for them to go up the park and score, and our arses would collapse?

After the equaliser, it was always only a matter of time before the 2nd went in.

Agree, that the same mentality is still there. What I don't understand is why this is still the case, despite a complete overhaul in personel.

Agree, that the same mentality is still there. What I don't understand is why this is still the case, despite a complete overhaul in personel.

Allow me to answer this.

It’s because your teams fucking shite.

36 minutes ago, K.T said:

Allow me to answer this.

It’s because your teams fucking shite.

As always K.T. Thank you for your well thought out and valuable contribution to the discussion.

The length of time I assume you have been watching DFC certainly makes you a subject matter expert on shite......

Thanks f**k for that. I'd hate to see how utterly obsessed with our team you would be if they were any good.

I don’t think making a few posts every other month counts as being utterly obsessed, but OK. When the big league starts up again, I’ll be off. If you can continue to entertain us with 6-1 thrashing’s until then it would be appreciated though.

Thank you.

Archived