Dundee United 2017/2018

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The goals are painful to watch, no doubt. As was Csabas interview. He looks stunned and raging and i dont blame him.

I wasnt there today but i got a good run down from a friend and it truly sounded grim. He also said it wasnt so much anger he had towards the players, it was more like fury.

I hope never to see him play Robson at right back which is utterly bonkers. Hes just getting on his feet at left back.

The goals are painful to watch, no doubt. As was Csabas interview. He looks stunned and raging and i dont blame him.
I wasnt there today but i got a good run down from a friend and it truly sounded grim. He also said it wasnt so much anger he had towards the players, it was more like fury.
I hope never to see him play Robson at right back which is utterly bonkers. Hes just getting on his feet at left back.

Especially after the venoms

1 hour ago, ArabianKnight said:

You can see the wee team mentality shining through here right enough.

More concerned with the big team's result than what their season is going like. 

That's what I love about United fans your imaginative we are a big successful club ? Aye very good spending what you don't have if you do not go up this season the future will be bleek and well you know it. 

16 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

That's what I love about United fans your imaginative we are a big successful club ? Aye very good spending what you don't have if you do not go up this season the future will be bleek and well you know it. 

After deciphering the content, ive come to the conclusion you're incredibly not very nice at England.

One hope from yesterday is that it was such a dreadful performance and so far removed from anything recently that it was hopefully just a total freak one-off. It doesn't excuse the result, it was truly awful, but surely that won't happen again? We have been rightly mocked for it though, and it won't stop anytime soon...

13 hours ago, footballinsider said:

Genuine question; 

What does the future of Dundee United look like if they don't get promoted. Everyone knows they are struggling financially, but yet look like they are throwing all their money to get up this season with no plan B, if they don't. Next season in the championship will be tough. 

The board have assured us that Dundee United will still be here (but of course they have to say that). It would mean a complete re-structuring of the club and the removal of things like the St.Andrews training facility. Our budgets would be reduced to be similar to that of the rest of the teams in the division. 

5 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

The board have assured us that Dundee United will still be here (but of course they have to say that). It would mean a complete re-structuring of the club and the removal of things like the St.Andrews training facility. Our budgets would be reduced to be similar to that of the rest of the teams in the division. 

What would the restructuring of the club look like? Community/Fans owned? Part time? Removal of Youth set up?  

Hypothetical question but, if St Mirren got 10points in front the chances of United getting through the long drawn out play off spot is small, albeit not impossible.  United as a club need to think of the future. There is no denying the horrific state the club find itself in financially. Would Administration be better this season? At least you wouldn't get relegated, you could restructure the club and finances and be ready for August? It is totally hypothetical, and I'm not trying to wind the United fans up at all. Generally interested what United fans think the future holds, I've spoken to some that have no clue what their future holds. Next season will be even tougher than this season. 

If your neighbours get the new stadium, is that an option? Sharing with them? 

Is Administration even an option? 

Fans owned? Would Thompson even step down? 

There are a lot of unanswered questions and from the outside and not a Dundee united fan, it seems there is no plan B. 

What would the restructuring of the club look like? Community/Fans owned? Part time? Removal of Youth set up?  
Hypothetical question but, if St Mirren got 10points in front the chances of United getting through the long drawn out play off spot is small, albeit not impossible.  United as a club need to think of the future. There is no denying the horrific state the club find itself in financially. Would Administration be better this season? At least you wouldn't get relegated, you could restructure the club and finances and be ready for August? It is totally hypothetical, and I'm not trying to wind the United fans up at all. Generally interested what United fans think the future holds, I've spoken to some that have no clue what their future holds. Next season will be even tougher than this season. 
If your neighbours get the new stadium, is that an option? Sharing with them? 
Is Administration even an option? 
Fans owned? Would Thompson even step down? 
There are a lot of unanswered questions and from the outside and not a Dundee united fan, it seems there is no plan B. 

No dabs at the new dens. Cheers

A few United fans being a bit unfair on Csaba.  Remember guys when he was last managing in Scotland United were, to be fair, a decent side playing some good football.   It’s going to take him a bit of time to realise just how far the club has fallen and how little genuine talent is left at the club (for Stephen Thompson to sell of course).

2 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

A few United fans being a bit unfair on Csaba. 

I think anyone taking the piss should try and do an interview in Hungarian!

I've got Magyar friends, and their attempts to speak English (considerably better than my Hungarian I should say) is roughly the same as Csaba.

Archived