Dundee United 2017/2018

23 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

That article doesn't appear to say that?

22 minutes ago, Aladdin said:

Not certain though? Says he needs a further scan.

Yeah...somebody attached the wrong link like an idiot. Oops.

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/dundee-united-dealt-championship-title-blow-fyvie-season/

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry to drag this back to football, but Fyvie is out for the season. Shite.
https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/dundee-united-dealt-huge-blow-fraser-fyvie-injury-absence/

Injuries like this can only be clarified after two positive blood samples......witnesses.....law degree......Twitter.....legal drivel.......landmark case......

Am I doing it right?

Injuries like this can only be clarified after two positive blood samples......witnesses.....law degree......Twitter.....legal drivel.......landmark case......

Am I doing it right?
My girlfriend is an expert in cruciate ligament injuries. Er...honest

What a nightmare.  I'd have had Fyvie as our best player this season. We'll certainly need to bring in at least one more body for midfield, ideally two. I'd be happy enough with Flood and Stanton in there but both tend to miss games through injury fairly regularly and there's very little in the squad behind them.

7 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

What a nightmare.  I'd have had Fyvie as our best player this season. We'll certainly need to bring in at least one more body for midfield, ideally two. I'd be happy enough with Flood and Stanton in there but both tend to miss games through injury fairly regularly and there's very little in the squad behind them.

Yeah, certainly in contention.  He has been a joy to watch; skill, determination and a fantastic work ethic.

Feel really sorry for the lad, hope it doesn't have a long-term impact on his career.

As things stand we only have Flood, Stanton, Briels and Allardice who can play that central midfield position. It looks like Briels might be done and I don't have any faith in Allardice (doesn't look like Csaba has either). A central midfielder is a must; even if it is a loan signing as cover. 

56 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

As things stand we only have Flood, Stanton, Briels and Allardice who can play that central midfield position. It looks like Briels might be done and I don't have any faith in Allardice (doesn't look like Csaba has either). A central midfielder is a must; even if it is a loan signing as cover. 

Toshney too.  As PMS said previously, maybe Csaba can get something out of him that McKinnon couldn’t.

That’s not an argument against bringing in another option btw.

20 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Toshney too.  As PMS said previously, maybe Csaba can get something out of him that McKinnon couldn’t.

Sometimes I forget that Toshney exists and then somebody goes and ruins it by reminding me that he does. 

Would be a fantastic signing but I’m sure he’s away to Italy Is he not?

He’s been invited for a weeks trial to Bari.

Think I’d take Living in Bari over Dundee to be honest.

Edit: changed Italy to Bari, because comparing a country to a city is dumb.

7 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

What was your view on Flood up until seven games ago?

There is no doubt that Flood has been excellent since McKinnon left. Maybe Csaba can get the best out of Toshney but for me he is, at best, a limited central defender in the mould of Paul Quinn (and there is nothing wrong with that, I love a reliable limited central defender). I don't enjoy thinking about the prospect of Toshney as a ball playing holding midfielder playing a similar role to Fyvie.

6 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

You should post half as much and half as often but no one complains.

This is far more interesting than whether Billy King can beat a man or what formation Lazlo prefers.

Have a few days off.

@MacArab is about the best DAB on here. IMO.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Wash your mouth out!

I doubt there will be many midfielders available, good enough to come in (without a fee), so lets hope Shabba has some decent contacts and can bring someone decent in on loan.

Hopefully the board show some baws - overlook the injury - and offer him a 2/3 year contract now. We'll certainly need players like Fyvie if we get promoted - one of the few in our squad I'd keep to be honest.

Archived