Dundee United 2017/2018

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

The times he and his cronies did turn up to take training they were usually pished. Mostly Jackson and Donnelly but rumours were they were all at it.

Seemingly they had a run in with someone at the club, Mcnamara was told to sort them out or they were getting sacked. Mcnamara said if they go, i go. This was just before the Tim Two when we were flying high in the league.

By the end, supposedly Mcnamara and Thompson werent on speaking terms due to the disrespect Mcnamara showed to everyone at the club too. Thought he was too big for United while we were rapidly slipping into the Abyss with him at the helm. Hence why Thompson gave him the famous letter of sackage after getting humped by St. Johnstone i think it was?

They are the rumours i heard. I wouldnt be surprised if there were alot more.

Allegedly.

Oh right, I wasn't aware of any of that! The turning up pished is sackable on it's own; hard to get professional athletes to buy-in to you if you're turning up drunk.

Thanks for the clarification.

Mcnamara is a cretin and an awful manager with an ego the size of his beloved Celtic Park. 

He took York down the same season we went down. 2 in one season. Plus York couldnt afford to sack him due to the fact he invested his own money. So they 'promoted' to CEO to him to get him away from the dugout.

15 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

There's no chance McKinnon is getting the sack anytime soon. Just curious as to whether those making those suggestions were being entirely serious. Seems like you were.

As much as I have not been entirely convinced that Ray McKinnon is the right man for the job, this is certainly true. Things would have to get a hell of a lot worse before ST pulls the trigger, which makes the debate over who would replace him rather moot at this stage.

On 24/09/2017 at 08:19, mishtergrolsch said:

The times he and his cronies did turn up to take training they were usually pished. Mostly Jackson and Donnelly but rumours were they were all at it.

Seemingly they had a run in with someone at the club, Mcnamara was told to sort them out or they were getting sacked. Mcnamara said if they go, i go. This was just before the Tim Two when we were flying high in the league.

By the end, supposedly Mcnamara and Thompson werent on speaking terms due to the disrespect Mcnamara showed to everyone at the club too. Thought he was too big for United while we were rapidly slipping into the Abyss with him at the helm. Hence why Thompson gave him the famous letter of sackage after getting humped by St. Johnstone i think it was?

They are the rumours i heard. I wouldnt be surprised if there were alot more.

Allegedly.

Shite about Simon Donnelly, he is I friend of my daughter and I know him well 

Talk of him turning up drunk is nonsense:wub:

Archived