Dundee United 2017/2018

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

What is the justification for this?

Well this for a start.

40 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Finishing third in the league a country mile behind hibs, not having a shot in 180 minutes of play off football and playing a season of mostly bad football 

Ray couldn't sort the simple things.  I'll give you one example to illustrate.  Scott Fraser on corners, His corners were not just poor they were garbage yet it was simply ignored.  

I was willing to overlook a lot of the poor performances as it was largely someone else's squad; that excuse doesn't exist now.

Ray couldn't sort the simple things.  I'll give you one example to illustrate.  Scott Fraser on corners, His corners were not just poor they were garbage yet it was simply ignored.  
I was willing to overlook a lot of the poor performances as it was largely someone else's squad; that excuse doesn't exist now.

The only point of IA's justification that was verifiable was the first one. The second was a lie and the third was an opinion.

25 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

The only point of IA's justification that was verifiable was the first one. The second was a lie and the third was an opinion.

It's mostly down to opinion.  I'll avoid the obvious follow up to that.

I am surprised that folk cannot see (for what to me is) the glaringly obvious deficiencies in McKinnon's management style.  But hey ho.

The simple fact is that we were rubbish last year with a team he said wasnt his, rebuild blah blah. 

Our team now it his. Its better than last seasons and has the making of a good squad for the Championship.

Hes too cautious and negative. Its truly awful to watch and its peformances have gotten worse the longer it goes on.

In an answer to a post earlier, it wont cost us 200k to get rid of Ray, even if it did, keeping him will cost us more. We'll be down here till he runs out of contract. Then someone else will need to punt half the squad. By then the season ticket sales drop. 

Leaving him in charge is madness.

The funny fact is that all these other teams fans saying "X would be a shite appointment" or "x is a basket case" probably dont have a clue how bad we are to watch and literally how shite Mckinnon is.
We scraped a draw with Brechin City at home with the manager standing on the side lines actually watching our players hoof it to a 35 odd year old 5 ft 6 ish striker who was on his own. For about 90 minuites. And thats just one example. 
5 goals from 6 games. Two of which against part time teams at home. One from open play.
Its more or less torture. Death by boredom stuff. I honestly think any manager could get our team fit and trying harder, well  trying I should say.
As much as guys like Pressley, Hartley, Hughes etc are sneered at, they would probably get this team more motivated than Football Manager 4231 Cardie Boy.
Mind you, i suppose Mckinnon will turn it round after 15 months of the same tactics, play style and masterful use of substitutions. Its all change soon. Well be bang at it.

Ps that isnt me saying I would go for Hughes, Pressley and Hartley before anyone thinks that.

Some of us pointed out that Raymondo was a massive gamble when he was appointed and got rubbished for expressing that view.

It's clear you have absolutely zero chance of promotion with him in charge.

Of course the biggest problem is in the boardroom and in the accounts...........

35 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Clearly he has. And got rid of a pretty good one.

The more I think about it Fifespud the more I think you could be right.  Ach well, it looks like Thompson will be at Tannadice for many years to come.  He's bound to get it right eventually.  

1 hour ago, Fifespud said:

Some of us pointed out that Raymondo was a massive gamble when he was appointed and got rubbished for expressing that view.

It's clear you have absolutely zero chance of promotion with him in charge.

Of course the biggest problem is in the boardroom and in the accounts...........

To be honest i didnt think McKinnon was a good appointment at the time. It was the same as Mcnamara in a way, young, up and coming, talked up in the press  flavour of the month kind of guy. 

I felt we needed a more experienced guy at the time and even more so now.

One thing I found interesting when studying economics was the concept of 'opportunity cost'.  

Also the multiplier theory and price elasticity.  The former has nothing to do with this and the latter only tangentially.

12 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

One thing I found interesting when studying economics was the concept of 'opportunity cost'.  

Also the multiplier theory and price elasticity.  The former has nothing to do with this and the latter only tangentially.

Are you having a stroke?

Wear and tear, replacement costs, depreciating asset, 3 months MOT type post IMO [emoji593]

9 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Would this be something along the lines of us spending now to cut our losses to avoid losing more in the long run? And the longer we wait the more we will actually lose?

nintchdbpict0003114710551-e1492107302241.thumb.jpg.27d02e75521cdb52631250571d5638c8.jpg

22 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Would this be something along the lines of us spending now to cut our losses to avoid losing more in the long run? And the longer we wait the more we will actually lose?

nintchdbpict0003114710551-e1492107302241.thumb.jpg.27d02e75521cdb52631250571d5638c8.jpg

More or less.  People can comment on the cost of binning him but must also take into account the cost of keeping him.

Archived