Dundee United 2017/2018

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Dirty Arab 83 said:

Taxi for McKinnon

Not yet unfortunately. A point away to Falkirk buys him another week on paper regardless of how the fans feel. Morton at home and then Dunfermline away are the big ones now.

My biggest worry is that Thomson prevaricates like he did with McNamara.  By the time he binned him the season was effectively over and the job had limited attraction.  

As things stand any new potential manager would look at our squad and see that there is something there to work with.

My biggest worry is that Thomson prevaricates like he did with McNamara.  By the time he binned him the season was effectively over and the job had limited attraction.  
As things stand any new potential manager would look at our squad and see that there is something there to work with.

I think Thompson is intelligent enough to know that he needs to swing the axe quicker this time. Given the statement towards the end of last season that he knew the style of football wasn't attractive, I think he will be well aware of what the fans perception of him is. He will also be well aware of the financial ramifications of no promotion. If we get any less than 4 points from the next two games I think it will b game over. I personally think we will get 1, maximum 2.

The issue is we are still only two points off the top, which he will thinks it's acceptable. Last season a result like that would have been acceptable but Falkirk are on their knees at the minute. I couldn't care if we take 6 from 6 in the next games - he's not the man to take this club forward #yogi4arabs

1 hour ago, Walter said:

Blair Spittal has scored 5 goals this season. FIVE.

Seems United could do with a player like that.  Stats showing United didn't have a shot on target yesterday against the second bottom side in the fun league.   That's despite the fact Scott Media Star McDonald was playing.

Makes you wonder if McKinnon's simply not capable of getting the best out of his players.

Archived