Dundee United 2017/2018

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Feel a bit for the lad. Was an utter bombscare when he played but some fans went a little over the top with him. Also, its not his fault we gave him a stupid contract. Some people commenting saying he shouldve just walked away without taking any sort of compensation [emoji38]

Pretty sure theres not many people around that would just walk out on the best part of £100k of wages for free

1 minute ago, GraemePaynesSocks said:

Is he the last of McNamara's follies?

Durnan count's I guess, though he saved himself last season.

And Fraser came into the first team under him, so you could him aswell I suppose

41 minutes ago, GrantB878 said:

No one gives a flying f#@k! We've got >3k off our wage bill and replaced it with some serious quality.

Does Tam Scobbie now count as serious quality? 

I remember the days United fans would mock the likes of Steven Anderson and Frazer Wright, who are/were much better players than Tam. Changed days.

Still, I'm glad to see he's doing well for you. Never gave anything less than 100% for us and he seems like a nice guy. Where has he been playing so far? His biggest selling point for me was his versatility. 

Just now, Kyle said:

I remember the days United fans would mock the likes of Steven Anderson and Frazer Wright, who are/were much better players than Tam. Changed days.

Still, I'm glad to see he's doing well for you so far. Never gave anything less than 100% for us and he seems like a nice guy. Where has he been playing so far? His biggest selling point for me was his versatility. 

He's been playing left-back for us, he's an improvement on Dixon but I would prefer him in the centre, especially when the wingers are ridiculously pacey. 

Still, I'm glad to see he's doing well for you. Never gave anything less than 100% for us and he seems like a nice guy. Where has he been playing so far? His biggest selling point for me was his versatility. 

Mainly at left back

Given that Scobbie can play in central defence and offer cover at LB if required my main priorities for any more signings would be:

LB who can offer something going forward.

Big striker

RB

In that order.  Even if we can't/don't sign anyone else it is a decent squad.

I'm really happy with all of McKinnon's new signings so far with the exception of Nkoyi and that's only because I've not seen enough of him to judge.  Obviously not seen Fyvie or McDonald but from having seen them previously I am happy that they are in the squad.

On reflection resigning Flood may not have been the best idea; mind you if he keeps picking up yellows he won't be on the pitch too much.

I am also happy with the players we have let go.  Would have been happy for Dixon to stay but otherwise no complaints.

Right then. I'm guessing we'll be bringing in Paul Quinn/ a centre back.

I would like if we did spend some money on a Right-Back, since I'm not a fan of Toshney as number 1 and don't like having reserves player Ballantyne as second choice.

You are forgetting about Murdoch who will be our right-back once he is fit or Toshney gets injured/suspended.

A central defender is all we are after and then we are done for transfers in this window.

Just now, stumigoo said:

You are forgetting about Murdoch who will be our right-back once he is fit or Toshney gets injured/suspended.

A central defender is all we are after and then we are done for transfers in this window.

oh yeah, still not used to him as a Right Back.

2 hours ago, Kyle said:

We'd have bitten your hand off for an Anderson/Wright-type centre half for a good few seasons now.

3 hours ago, Accent-Unknown said:

It seems that we've just paid off the remainder of his contract so he's a free agent.

Which means we've not really freed up 3K pw for any new signings.  I suspect a compromise was reached - otherwise what's the point?

Right then. I'm guessing we'll be bringing in Paul Quinn/ a centre back.

I would like if we did spend some money on a Right-Back, since I'm not a fan of Toshney as number 1 and don't like having reserves player Ballantyne as second choice.

Stewart Murdoch is number one right Back

6 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Everyone making fun of that Cammy Bell Twitter post has really hit a nerve with you guys, eh? 

I think most decent fans realise not posting on Twitter the way they did would have been more respectful to all involved.  Much in the same way United would have been better keeping a dignified silence over the Cifti biting incident rather than releasing to the press the statement they did.

To be fair to United though their chairman appears to have made far fewer comments to the media over the last year or two than he previously did.

Archived