Dundee United 2017/2018

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
428203f655ef3ec3da92a19f82209178.jpg

I'm guessing that the killie deal has fallen through and they're desperate to get rid now

Killie won't want to pay a fee, I'm happy enough with Lewis being first choice this season so not bothered about us selling Bell and bringing in couple of new players with the money

56 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

So apparently we are going to sell all players from now and in the future via social media

:1eye

Screenshot_20170801-170539.jpg

That moment when you think you're playing Football Manager but are actually in control of United's twitter account.

18 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

That tweet is an utter minter

I agree actually.

Fair enough putting players in the shop window but it reeks of the club being a bit desperate. 

Could United not at least punt Donaldson in this manner?

Why should we let Bell walk away on a free?  It's not like Donaldson who we're desperate to let go.  I can understand the argument that it will free up a wage, but if we let players who are under contract leave it simply because they have decided that they want to play elsewhere then we are creating problems for ourselves.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

Why should we let Bell walk away on a free?  It's not like Donaldson who we're desperate to let go.  I can understand the argument that it will free up a wage, but if we let players who are under contract leave it simply because they have decided that they want to play elsewhere then we are creating problems for ourselves.

We're not.

3 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Getting a fee is obviously fair enough, whoring a player out on twitter is just absolutely desperate and looks amateur as f**k.

1 minute ago, Marr1 said:

We're not.

Before this latest bit of news the indicators were that Bell was going to leave because he wanted away and Killie wanted him.  There was no indication that Killie had approached us with an offer which would be the normal approach.

Also, and I've raised this before, why did Bell wait until near the start of the season before making noises about wanting away?

1 hour ago, ArabianKnight said:

So apparently we are going to sell all players from now and in the future via social media

Surely they'd have been better sticking him on ebay?

3 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

But that's not twitter is it,

That's the offical club website, where the club releases all transfer information

Archived