Dundee United 2017/2018

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lewis had good game, looks a decent keeper
I think Scobbie struggled at Left Back would much prefer him at centre half
with Durnan. Murdoch back into right back next game.
Fraser lacks effort and doesn't look bothered.

Still say though we need a left back and striker

32 minutes ago, UnitedLoon63 said:

I think Scobbie struggled at Left Back would much prefer him at centre half

There is no good left back that we could afford that would have coped with Deacon's pace today. Scobbie is solid and will do fine. Robson is decent enough backup. It's a right back we're crying out for.

All it points out is how crucial wide players with pace are at this level, which is why McMullan is such a good signing.

17 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

There is no good left back that we could afford that would have coped with Deacon's pace today. Scobbie is solid and will do fine. Robson is decent enough backup. It's a right back we're crying out for.

All it points out is how crucial wide players with pace are at this level, which is why McMullan is such a good signing.

Yeah hopefully we will not come up against too many 'Deacons' in the league campaign, though there were idiots behind me calling for Robson to be brought on.

Scobie, Allardice and the Edge were all very poor today.  Fraser was rank rotten.  I thought Toshney was OK though he's taking a bit of stick on the match thread.  Our attacking players aside from Fraser were impressive.  I have hopes for the season ahead once we have a fully fit squad.

Bringing in a target man and a decent left back would be a wonderful bonus.

ETA Allardice isn't good enough yet.

37 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

though there were idiots behind me calling for Robson to be brought on.

His mum and dad no doubt. Robson certainly isn't the answer, plenty heart but no real footballing brain. 

It must just be me that realised that Deacon can only go on the outside. Plus the fact Scott Allan kept cutting in on his right every single time he had it. Any defender worth their weight wouldve sussed that in the first 15 mins and showed him outside

His mum and dad no doubt. Robson certainly isn't the answer, plenty heart but no real footballing brain. 

Scobbie didn't have a good game, but anyone thinking Robson would have coped any better is bordering on the delusional.

1 hour ago, stumigoo said:

Are you okay?

I'm fine,happy at the thought that I will never see the said thug in our team.

His  first touch today was was in the back of Darren O'Dea's thigh,I'm no fan of the Dark Blues I may add.

If you are Ok with that kinda player in your team that is fine by me

No doubt I will be seething on here at a later date.

Have a nice day my friend :thumsup2

His  first touch today was was in the back of Darren O'Dea's thigh,I'm no fan of the Dark Blues I may add.

What thug?? McGowan plays for Dundee.

2 hours ago, Young gun said:

Aren't you a St Mirren fan? Presumably you dip in and out over the years. Mostly out?

3292c2cd661a815305b28a7c1ebed25e.gif

11 hours ago, Young gun said:

As a St.Mirren fan I know that you must have high standards when it comes to thugs in your team. 

222369-st-mirrens-jim-goodwin-right-batt

scott-severin-image-2-827777060.jpg

14 minutes ago, UnitedLoon63 said:

I think we could even do with a physical tall midfield to play with Briels. Allardice isn't ready and Flood is past it.

King, Stanton, McMullan behind McDonald will be a good striker force. Fraser as back up, will be a solid team.

I hope McKinnon is willing to drop Fraser, I get the feeling that TBS still sees him as a potential cash cow and will want to showcase him.

47 minutes ago, UnitedLoon63 said:

I think we could even do with a physical tall midfield to play with Briels. Allardice isn't ready and Flood is past it.

King, Stanton, McMullan behind McDonald will be a good striker force. Fraser as back up, will be a solid team.

When Keatings is fit it will hopefully be Stanton in beside Briels with Keatings in behind McDonald.

When Keatings is fit it will hopefully be Stanton in beside Briels with Keatings in behind McDonald.

Yeah probably, think we are just a bit lightweight in midfield. Briels looks a good player, loves a tackle. Something we've missed the past few seasons

Scott Fraser is fucking garbage, isn't he? Woeful performance from him yesterday.
Looks like you've got the Dunfermline McMullan rather than the Morton or St Mirren one as well, which isn't great news for the rest of the league.

Anytime he gets the ball, I get the little voice inside my head saying "shite bag" - when he losses the ball he immediately throws his arms up, when I saw the line ups and he started wide right up against Allan I thought we were in for a hell of a day. We were lucky on occasions, Allan was chewing a marsbar on the pitch so he's clearly still way off it, we can't afford a similar level of performance next week - need to move up a gear.

1 hour ago, stumigoo said:

As a St.Mirren fan I know that you must have high standards when it comes to thugs in your team. 

scott-severin-image-2-827777060.jpg

Strange picture to use. I can only see one player sliding in two-footed, and leading with his studs, there.

The arm in the face is a fair cop.

Archived