Dundee United 2017/2018

I think I need to re-evaluate my life. Devastated doesn't even cover it.

In all seriousness though it is the right move from the footballing side of things. It would have been nice to have Dillon as part of the Development setup and at the club but it does sound like he really wants to keep playing for another season or two. If he feels fit then there is no reason he shouldn't try and keep playing but I wonder where he might end up. He talks about being settled in the area so he is limited in that sense (I don't think he would consider Forfar or maybe Brechin). It sounds like he wanted to stay but he was obviously not made any guarantees from the playing side of things.

Quite a few throwaway "good riddance" comments on either Twitter or Facebook, makes me fell a little sad as people have short memories. I would argue that for seven or so years he was a consistent, reliable fullback who was part of our last Scottish Cup winning squad. A pity that people feel the need to make any negative comment rather than just say "good luck". 

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Daydream said:

Haha was thinking about your Murray/Mikkelson/Andreu tri-force attack.

It is a massive summer for McKinnon and the club, those three contributed a hell of a lot of goals (even if performances were up and down). Hopefully Keatings can get 15+ next season and if we can get another striker with some kind of pedigree then having Fraser and King in behind might help us cover for that. 

37 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

I think I need to re-evaluate my life. Devastated doesn't even cover it.

In all seriousness though it is the right move from the footballing side of things. It would have been nice to have Dillon as part of the Development setup and at the club but it does sound like he really wants to keep playing for another season or two. If he feels fit then there is no reason he shouldn't try and keep playing but I wonder where he might end up. He talks about being settled in the area so he is limited in that sense (I don't think he would consider Forfar or maybe Brechin). It sounds like he wanted to stay but he was obviously not made any guarantees from the playing side of things.

Quite a few throwaway "good riddance" comments on either Twitter or Facebook, makes me fell a little sad as people have short memories. I would argue that for seven or so years he was a consistent, reliable fullback who was part of our last Scottish Cup winning squad. A pity that people feel the need to make any negative comment rather than just say "good luck". 

You're entirely right but a lot of people are idiots. f**k them.

Dillon might end up at Brechin. Would probably do a decent job for a season or two with them.
Only forward I'm worried about is Mikkleson. Murray is garbage and Andreu left around febuary I think.

Dillon at Brechin? Surely not. [emoji23]

Guest DAVIDB69

I'm being positive three more grounds I will get to this season that I haven't been to before new st mirren, didn't get there this season, Livingston and didn't get to Dumbarton either

9 minutes ago, DAVIDB69 said:

I'm being positive three more grounds I will get to this season that I haven't been to before new st mirren, didn't get there this season, Livingston and didn't get to Dumbarton either

Oh f**k, it's just dawned on me we're going to fucking Livingston next season.

Guest DAVIDB69
Oh f**k, it's just dawned on me we're going to fucking Livingston next season.

You can get some decent clothing in their shopping centres unlike here in Dundee where you never seem to get any bargains

Things seem to be happening fairly sporadically and without much official news. Dixon gone but not yet official, Dillon told on Tuesday but not official until yesterday.

I just want one massive list to let me know who is leaving!

Is it sporadic? Some fringe guys have been told straight out they're not wanted. The rest are being spoken with on an individual basis to discuss whether it suits both parties for them to remain. That takes time and news will be released as and when decisions are made.

No doubt you'll get your full list within the next few days after a decision has been made on everyone. The only one I think we may be waiting longer for is Spittal who United will  want to keep but who will have offers from other clubs. There may also be a bit of haggling over a fee for Spittal if he does decide to go so that may drag things out a little further.

I'm hoping that Willo and Spittal stay. Happy enough to see the rest leave.

Aye, I recognise that it's not a universally held opinion but I think we'd struggle to replace either with the same quality. Spittal has shown throughout his spell at United that he's got terrific potential but he's still a relatively young laddie and failed to impose himself on games earlier in the season. Once he came back from injury though he's been probably our best player and I suspect will continue to improve. 

Willo's always divided opinion. For me I'm happy to accept the odd misplaced pass because of all the other things which he does well in terms of leading the team, dictating the tempo and generally chasing down everything that moves. If he leaves he'll easily get a gig in the Premiership.

Archived