Sign in to follow this  
TheCelt67

Celtic in Europe - 17/18

3 hours ago, The OP said:

You could go to Parkhead - I hear there will definitely be some empty seats in sections 110 and 111 ;) The home leg isn't on TV but the return should be on Premier Sports. I'd imagine you'll find a stream of the home game from Celtic TV on the usual websites. 

Dembele is rumoured to be out which is making Griffiths' suspension seem even more stupid. Sviatchenko is rumoured to be out too. This is giving me the fear. 

Yah, apparently big Moussa missed training today, which has caused the internet to have a complete meltdown given that there are a dozen or so teams rumoured to be interested in him.  Makes me a bit nervous so would probably settle for a 2-0 if he's out.  Would probably mean Sinclair plays up top with Forrest and Hayes starting on the wing.

56 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

Yah, apparently big Moussa missed training today, which has caused the internet to have a complete meltdown given that there are a dozen or so teams rumoured to be interested in him.  Makes me a bit nervous so would probably settle for a 2-0 if he's out.  Would probably mean Sinclair plays up top with Forrest and Hayes starting on the wing.

it's looking like a 4-6-0 system

Edited by wastecoatwilly

High hopes for the game tomorrow, thought I could go but will try to get to the final qualifier should Celtic go through.

Gonna be tough with Rosenborg halfway through their season already and match fit so to speak. Hopefully we field enough quality to secure a home victory putting the pressure on the Norwegians in the away leg.

Going for 2 nil or 2-1 to the hoops.

36 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Dembele and Sviatchenko doubts for tomorrow. Both positions were already short in.

If Sviatchenko is out, I guess that would mean Lustig plays at CB and Gamboa starts on the right.  The only other option would be to give young Kris Ajer a start.  

12 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

If Sviatchenko is out, I guess that would mean Lustig plays at CB and Gamboa starts on the right.  The only other option would be to give young Kris Ajer a start.  

Gamboa's injured. I imagine it'll be Lustig, Simunovic, Ajer, Tierney. 

7 minutes ago, The OP said:

If that's our back line and Dembele is out then the XI would most likely be the following

Gordon

Lustig-Simunovic-Ajer-Tierney

Brown       Armstrong

Forrest       Rogic        Hayes

Sinclair

Not the most confidence inspiring, if that's the lineup then I would be happy with a 2 goal home win.

33 minutes ago, Henke said:

I grudge giving us the money for all these qualifiers they should all be free on yer ST like the linfield game il wait until we reach the group stages of the CL/EL before I go to another European match

:lol: Ya miser, orrrrr you got binned along with the est of the muppets for the next two games. :P

Ya miser, orrrrr you got binned along with the est of the muppets for the next two games.

Jackpot HB

I'm nervous as f**k for tomorrow. Our support is vastly under rating Rosenborg. Hope we can take a 2-0 lead over there

Just now, Tartantony said:

Jackpot HB

I'm nervous as f**k for tomorrow. Our support is vastly under rating Rosenborg. Hope we can take a 2-0 lead over there

Hopefully our strength and depth in the squad is more than capable of getting the home win Celtic need along with a clean sheet. You're right though!, a bit nervous myself.

I take comfort the resident **** will be logged in ready to pounce on the thread when Celtic score and show support to a Scottish team up against all the odds playing tougher competition than Progres. :lol: c***s will be hovering ready for a lolathon if things go badly. :lol: Anyone but Celtic. :lol:

2 minutes ago, Henke said:

na I'm just a greeting faced c**t these days,done my fair share of qualifiers against a load of shite through the yrs,il wait until we play the big boys in the CL/EL,need to renew my passport aswell my wee pal is chinning me to go to a Euro away game,fancy a German or Turkish team

Go to the home games until your passport has been renewed, oh? wait a minute? you've been binned for two games haven't you? :rolleyes::lol:

3 hours ago, Henke said:

Looking forward to this think Celtic TV will be showing it? wont be at it sold my mate my ticket,2-0 or 3-1 

^^^ banned fae the game type post imo 

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Not as easy to get into Sellick park with an alias as it is on P&B?

All his alias sit in the green brigade section unfortunately 

next to all 14 of magee's 

Edited by Forever_blueco

To the majority of Celtic fans on here, (who were perfectly reasoned and logical), good luck for tonight. You were light years ahead of us but it was a great experience for our players and will hopefully help them to improve and have a decent domestic season. Celtic really are a very slick outfit and their movement and passing was top drawer.

9 minutes ago, Audaces Fortuna Juvat said:

To the majority of Celtic fans on here, (who were perfectly reasoned and logical), good luck for tonight. You were light years ahead of us but it was a great experience for our players and will hopefully help them to improve and have a decent domestic season. Celtic really are a very slick outfit and their movement and passing was top drawer.

Did Linfield make any profit out the Celtic game?

1 hour ago, Glenconner said:

Did Linfield make any profit out the Celtic game?

Im sure somebody was calling it a million pound game for them after tv money etc, doubt it worked out that after Celtic declined tickets as it would have easily have been a sell out.

18 hours ago, The OP said:

Would still be content with that going by Killie fans rave reviews on Ajer last season. Where are you seeing about Gamboa being injured? Would be handy for the bench at the very least.

Edited by gannonball

Wouldn't be surprised if Rodgers plays a back 3 of Tierney/Jozo/Lustig (he's been training Tierney for this position apparently, and Lustig is more than competent) and playing Brown at the bottom of a midfield diamond to bolster.

Something like...

Gordon

Lustig         Jozo     Tierney

Brown

Ntcham      Armstrong

Forrest                   Rogic                  Hayes

Sinclair

McGregor, Kouassi, Benyu to replace Armstrong, Rogic and Forrest after 60-75mins..