Celtic in Europe - 17/18

TheCelt67

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, TheCelt67 said:

Since we can't have nice things, maybe wise to offer the travelling supports as few tickets as possible. 

I would agree with this.

Working on the assumption we get past the qualifier, this is the one tie I truly did not want. Leaving aside the fact Celtic will pump us, (the gate money would more than compensate for that), I just don't want all the sh1te that would go with it, with knuckledraggers crawling out of the woodwork on both sides to spout their bile. I'm gutted in fact. I had been hopinf for a nice peaceful away trip to somewhere I had never been, with the chance of some sun and cheap beer thrown in.

At least it will be my cheapest ever "away" game.

19 minutes ago, Audaces Fortuna Juvat said:

I would agree with this.

Working on the assumption we get past the qualifier, this is the one tie I truly did not want. Leaving aside the fact Celtic will pump us, (the gate money would more than compensate for that), I just don't want all the sh1te that would go with it, with knuckledraggers crawling out of the woodwork on both sides to spout their bile. I'm gutted in fact. I had been hopinf for a nice peaceful away trip to somewhere I had never been, with the chance of some sun and cheap beer thrown in.

At least it will be my cheapest ever "away" game.

You going to go to it mate?

8 minutes ago, TheCelt67 said:

You going to go to it mate?

Feck yeah! Worst ever, "away", trip though.

I reckon the Belfast leg will be moved. If not then I'll fly to Dublin and get the bus up.

I'm off to sort out San Marino first though.

2 minutes ago, Audaces Fortuna Juvat said:

Feck yeah! Worst ever, "away", trip though.

I reckon the Belfast leg will be moved. If not then I'll fly to Dublin and get the bus up.

I'm off to sort out San Marino first though.

Aye via Dublin would be the wiser route.  Then again, I can see a few headcases from the South travelling up to the North for this one.

Just now, TheCelt67 said:

Aye via Dublin would be the wiser route.  Then again, I can see a few headcases from the South travelling up to the North for this one.

I'm of an age where I retired any colours a long time ago, so I can go undercover quite easily :thumsup2

I am really and truly gutted with this draw and what it might yet bring. That said, the other four potential draws we could have had aren't so hot either, although the Icelandic team are beatable and we have knocked them out previously. I quite fancied a trip to somewhere unusual, like Kosovo.

4 minutes ago, Audaces Fortuna Juvat said:

I'm of an age where I retired any colours a long time ago, so I can go undercover quite easily :thumsup2

I am really and truly gutted with this draw and what it might yet bring. That said, the other four potential draws we could have had aren't so hot either, although the Icelandic team are beatable and we have knocked them out previously. I quite fancied a trip to somewhere unusual, like Kosovo.

Same as myself, I have some time off work on the dates of both the home and away leg and I fancied a trip to the unknown.  I'll be giving Belfast a miss.

Just now, TheCelt67 said:

Same as myself, I have some time off work on the dates of both the home and away leg and I fancied a trip to the unknown.  I'll be giving Belfast a miss.

If you fancy Belfast I can deliver you into the hands of some Cliftonville supporting Celtic fans who can look after you, then arrange to meet after the game for beer, as long as you buy me a pint for every goal Celtic score :P

I would guess the 13th. Most OO members/followers will be hungover/walked out/partied out, while the Ardoyne rioters should have returned to mid-Ulster/wherever it is they travelled from to be offended, and we can get on with the game in peace.

Here's hoping?

I dunno if I'm being a big jessie but I might steer clear of my usual drinking haunt on the Gallowgate and just head for the Merchant City before this one.Ever since Ajax fans were battering innocent bystanders with metal poles always feel a wee bit apprehensive when they close the front shutters for European games. 

24 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Shouldn't be too much/ if any trouble at the actual game. 

Agreed. They managed to keep Linfield and Cliftonville fans apart at the height of the troubles way back when, so this should pass off peacefully, (I hope). It would be the potential for trouble from pissed up fans before and afterwards that worries me.

11 minutes ago, Marsh said:

What an absolute embarrassment that in 2017 this kind of thing still has to be taken into consideration for a sporting event.

Think they bar Croatian and Serbian teams from drawing other and I'm sure they do similar jiggery pokery with other Balkan countries. I suppose they can't have a rule saying 'If Celtic are to be drawn against Cliftonville or Derry it's fine but if they get Linfield or Crusaders we'll redo the draw'. 

ETA - Just occurs to me that I don't think Derry are in the Northern Irish league. 

Archived