Sign in to follow this  
TheCelt67

Celtic in Europe - 17/18

3 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

Hes a friend of mine, same guy that was half naked, wrestling with a police woman in Sunderland.

He also got held in the American embassy in Israel last year for 2 hours for tacking a short cut across American soil. Not had the best of luck on his travels.

I know exactly the boy you're on about, been on many an away day with him, not quite all there as he freely admits himself must be a Cumbernauld thing :lol:

If you play an ineligible player or even a team of them you dont automaticaly get booted out of the tournament you simply forefit the match in question, not the tie by a 3-0 scoreline as both Sion and Legia Warsaw discovered, the Poles in particular found it a sore one as they beat us 4-1 at home and went out on away goals after making that idiotic substitution in the return leg :lol: doh !!!!

Therefore we should send out the youth team for the return leg and bring on the goalies mum as an 89th minute sub, literally cant lose... 8)

Edited by Flybhoy

3 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

If you play an ineligible player or even a team of them you dont automaticaly get booted out of the tournament you simply forefit the match in question, not the tie by a 3-0 scoreline as both Sion and Legia Warsaw discovered, the Poles in particular found it a sore one as they beat us 4-1 at home and went out on away goals after making that idiotic substitution in the return leg :lol: doh !!!!

Therefore we should send out the youth team for the return leg and bring on the goalies mum as an 89th minute sub, literally cant lose... 8)

Are you actually advocating we throw the away leg by fielding ineligible players so we guarantee Celtic go through to the group stages? Desperate as f**k man but I like your thinking especially if Astana scored 10 plus goals. The meltdown the the diddies ©Kinky and the Bloo Tits will be epic, I'm on board with this idea just for the lolsa. :) Let's make this happen. :wub:

2 hours ago, TheCelt67 said:

Fantastic result tonight, impressed by everyone tonight and not wanting to get carried away but clearly, Celtic 2016-17 team > Brazil 1970 side > Spain 2008-2012 > Barcelona 2008-2014 > AC Milan 1990-1994.

2 hours ago, Jimmy85 said:

Seriously!? You've got to think all those sides at their peak would turn this Celtic team over!!!! :lol::lol:

1 hour ago, TheCelt67 said:

Aye Jim,  I was serious about Pele being found out coming up against Bitton.

1 hour ago, Jimmy85 said:

Right, so you weren't being serious about Spain, but do you seriously think any one of Barca, Brazil and AC would struggle against the current Celtic side???

1 hour ago, TheCelt67 said:

e75.jpg

1 hour ago, Jimmy85 said:

Not really sure what a Star Wars gif has to do with this debate tbh. 

giphy.gif

I know exactly the boy you're on about, been on many an away day with him, not quite all there as he freely admits himself must be a Cumbernauld thing :lol:

Tony?

Is Jimmy the whooshee or the whoosher in this instance? And by asking that question have I inadvertently whooshed myself?

More a 'plumber thing' tbh.

7 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Define "long".

At this point I would say until Rodgers leaves. One thing that might close the gap a little is the change in CL qualifying next year as it should get substantially more difficult. Celtic will still clearly have a huge financial advantage over the rest even if they don't qualify mind you.

Spartak Moscow are top seeds in the group stage, if Celtic could draw them the group is wide open. Alternatively Benfica or Shakhtar and Celtic would fancy their chances at Celtic Park. Pot 2 looks trickier but Porto look a weak link in there.

At this point I would say until Rodgers leaves. One thing that might close the gap a little is the change in CL qualifying next year as it should get substantially more difficult. Celtic will still clearly have a huge financial advantage over the rest even if they don't qualify mind you.

There's not much of a change, think it's two fewer teams via the champions path that will qualify than this season.

Impressive display from Celtic.

I thought after the first half hour it could end up being a long night but Astana seemed to crumble a little bit after every goal.  At 2 and 3 nil you still felt that an Astana goal would do a lot of damage but to get 5 has put it all beyond doubt.  No way that team has 5 goals in them.

Griffiths looked excellent I thought and the Ntcham is a very good footballer for someone who just looks like a brute.

Begrudgingly, well done you tim c***s.

10 minutes ago, locheedfcno1 said:

Fair play to Celtic. Some result. Never seen that coming emoji106.pngemoji106.png

Neither did Astana nor 4,500,000 non-tic supporters in Scotland.

I hear they had cancelled their league game on Saturday to help keep fresh for the return date.

Well that must help the Scottish co-efficient for next year so hope U guys win a few more points and give us something to watch on BT Sport.

17 minutes ago, Northsea80 said:

There's not much of a change, think it's two fewer teams via the champions path that will qualify than this season.

Is it only 2 fewer? The extra qualifying round had me thinking it would be more. I think though that the seeding will now change slightly leaving them open to a bigger potential banana skin. The Swiss and Turkish champions as it stands will drop into the qualifiers?