Sign in to follow this  
TheCelt67

Celtic in Europe - 17/18

I don't care who is in the squad as long as they do these c***s over, hopefully with a few goals for good measure. :)

I can definitely see Bitton as CB, he and brown in midfield gives me the shits. From what I've seen Bitton is a far better midfielder when Brown is out of the team like when Celtic beat Barcelona a few years back. Although being two completely different players they play the same role nearly in midfield.

Hopefully Paddy Roberts gets loaned before 11PM tonight, that will be a real boost if Pep gets aff his fucking high horse and lets the boy go where he wants to be. :wub:

First leg at home is pure rubbish. Just not the same levels of anticipation as if it was a decider. Hopefully we get something to nil. 

On 8/15/2017 at 05:42, wastecoatwilly said:

Celtic could go 3 at the back with lustig,simunovic and ajer with tierney pushing into the midfield on the left he does that anyway,brown also sits that bit deeper to protect the back line went we lose the ball for me it's not that big of an issue.

If Celtic are going 3 at the back then I would expect KT to be one of the 3 with Lustig and Jozo.  He's played well every time he has turned out as a CB, plus I could see Brendan wanting to give him more time in the middle to improve his versatility.  Improving his CB play would also be good for the Scotland team who are short on CB's but have plenty of LB's.  

1 hour ago, senorsoupe said:

If Celtic are going 3 at the back then I would expect KT to be one of the 3 with Lustig and Jozo.  He's played well every time he has turned out as a CB, plus I could see Brendan wanting to give him more time in the middle to improve his versatility.  Improving his CB play would also be good for the Scotland team who are short on CB's but have plenty of LB's.  

You make a good point but the reason i would have ajer as a 3 would be for his height at set pieces plus we would miss kt getting to that by-line in celtic attacks as a 3 he wouldnt do that.

We should have enough to get through this relatively unscathed. Having a makeshift CB pairing does give me the fear.
I'm not a fan of Bitton at CB in any circumstances.

On my way to Paradise. cannot wait. its going to be a special special night tonight. OHH SCOTTY SINCLAIR OH HE IS SO WONDERFUL

Could you drop off the corpse of Kenny Miller plz?

Can't say I'm surprised by that XI, a tried and tested formation with one out of positon centre back.  We shall see what happens

Rogic in behind the striker centrally. From a selfish point of view I prefer to see McGregor or Armstrong in there for the sake of the national team.

23 hours ago, hellbhoy said:

I don't care who is in the squad as long as they do these c***s over, hopefully with a few goals for good measure. :)

I can definitely see Bitton as CB, he and brown in midfield gives me the shits. From what I've seen Bitton is a far better midfielder when Brown is out of the team like when Celtic beat Barcelona a few years back. Although being two completely different players they play the same role nearly in midfield.

Hopefully Paddy Roberts gets loaned before 11PM tonight, that will be a real boost if Pep gets aff his fucking high horse and lets the boy go where he wants to be. :wub:

This, although completely different is style they both do the same job.

Bitton himself is a better player, but Brown is the captain and rightfully so as he has a big influence on his team mates. so while we play 3 in midfield, Brown as first choice every time.

15 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Gordon
Lustig
Bitton
Jozo
KT

Brown
Ntcham
Rogic

Forrest
Griffiths
Sinclair

he doesn't trust Rogic in central midfield, so he'll play as 10 behind Griffiths in a 4231....

3 minutes ago, Booker-T said:

he doesn't trust Rogic in central midfield, so he'll play as 10 behind Griffiths in a 4231....

I didn't mind him in that position against Rosenborg but they crowded him out whenever he got the ball to stop him creating or shooting

Bitton and Forrest starting?

giphy.gif

Celtic 3 Astana 1

Borat-No.gif

Edited by jagfox99