Celtic in Europe - 17/18

TheCelt67

Who said that?  Their league is very average.
Their national team is excellent however is predominantly made up of players playing outsioutside Belgium.

I thought they might have some sort of conveyor belt of decent players with the next generation coming through at the likes of Anderlecht. I wouldn't have thought that being able to compete with the Leigh Griffiths' of this world was setting the bar too high.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anderlecht were very good at Old Trafford last season. Not sure of all their transfers since apart from Tielemans to Monaco who could be a great player.

They were shite tonight though

They've lost a few good players over the last 2/3 seasons - Praet, Tielemans, Mbemba, Defour, Mitrovic, Acheampong(loan).

Great result for Celtic tonight.

I thought they might have some sort of conveyor belt of decent players with the next generation coming through at the likes of Anderlecht. I wouldn't have thought that being able to compete with the Leigh Griffiths' of this world was setting the bar too high.

Leigh Griffiths is an excellent player - he's risen to every challenge in his career

5 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

I'm not really sure you read his first post correctly

Yes I did, he was consistently claiming parity between the leagues of Scotland and Belgium.

Celtic >  the Belgian League >>>>>>>> the Scottish league.

35 minutes ago, WeeMentalDavie said:

Anderlecht were very good at Old Trafford last season. Not sure of all their transfers since apart from Tielemans to Monaco who could be a great player.

They were shite tonight though

Was thinking the same thing. Pushed Man U all the way last season.

They were pish tonight. 

the result of the night ,by far scottish football is not as bad as its made out to be .sky keep plugging the premier league but take the foriegners out and its pretty average. money is the only difference. celtic won in belgium tonight with a predominatly uk line up . gordon tierney.griffith sinclair roberts  mgregor forrest. how many british players did man city man unt chelsea field  . not many . so we need to talk up our game 

feel celtic have a massive chance to go deep in the europa league with decent draws . not many teams will fancy playing at celtic park . its unrealistic to think they can reach the knock out stage unless they beat bayern at home europa league will be a good consalation prize . and will be a large sign of progress 

next season will be one we can hopefully see celtic making last 16 with significany investment in the playing side  

Archived