Celtic in Europe - 17/18

TheCelt67

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Define "long".

At this point I would say until Rodgers leaves. One thing that might close the gap a little is the change in CL qualifying next year as it should get substantially more difficult. Celtic will still clearly have a huge financial advantage over the rest even if they don't qualify mind you.

Spartak Moscow are top seeds in the group stage, if Celtic could draw them the group is wide open. Alternatively Benfica or Shakhtar and Celtic would fancy their chances at Celtic Park. Pot 2 looks trickier but Porto look a weak link in there.

At this point I would say until Rodgers leaves. One thing that might close the gap a little is the change in CL qualifying next year as it should get substantially more difficult. Celtic will still clearly have a huge financial advantage over the rest even if they don't qualify mind you.

There's not much of a change, think it's two fewer teams via the champions path that will qualify than this season.

Impressive display from Celtic.

I thought after the first half hour it could end up being a long night but Astana seemed to crumble a little bit after every goal.  At 2 and 3 nil you still felt that an Astana goal would do a lot of damage but to get 5 has put it all beyond doubt.  No way that team has 5 goals in them.

Griffiths looked excellent I thought and the Ntcham is a very good footballer for someone who just looks like a brute.

Begrudgingly, well done you tim c***s.

10 minutes ago, locheedfcno1 said:

Fair play to Celtic. Some result. Never seen that coming emoji106.pngemoji106.png

Neither did Astana nor 4,500,000 non-tic supporters in Scotland.

I hear they had cancelled their league game on Saturday to help keep fresh for the return date.

Well that must help the Scottish co-efficient for next year so hope U guys win a few more points and give us something to watch on BT Sport.

17 minutes ago, Northsea80 said:

There's not much of a change, think it's two fewer teams via the champions path that will qualify than this season.

Is it only 2 fewer? The extra qualifying round had me thinking it would be more. I think though that the seeding will now change slightly leaving them open to a bigger potential banana skin. The Swiss and Turkish champions as it stands will drop into the qualifiers?

10 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Impressive display from Celtic.

I thought after the first half hour it could end up being a long night but Astana seemed to crumble a little bit after every goal.  At 2 and 3 nil you still felt that an Astana goal would do a lot of damage but to get 5 has put it all beyond doubt.  No way that team has 5 goals in them.

Griffiths looked excellent I thought and the Ntcham is a very good footballer for someone who just looks like a brute.

Begrudgingly, well done you tim c***s.

His first touch looks tremendous. Almost always brought the ball down and turned into space or left open an easy pass. For all they spent big on him, last nights performance would suggest he was a bargain.

Celtics third shouldn't have counted. If it was still 2-0 I could have seen an Astana turnaround and we'd be looking at a 2-2 or maybe 2-3.

Fancy them to test Gordon in the second leg, expect an Artmedia style onslaught.

Calm down Bobby, wipe those tears away.

Archived