Celtic in Europe - 17/18

TheCelt67

12 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

If Sviatchenko is out, I guess that would mean Lustig plays at CB and Gamboa starts on the right.  The only other option would be to give young Kris Ajer a start.  

Gamboa's injured. I imagine it'll be Lustig, Simunovic, Ajer, Tierney. 

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, The OP said:

If that's our back line and Dembele is out then the XI would most likely be the following

Gordon

Lustig-Simunovic-Ajer-Tierney

Brown       Armstrong

Forrest       Rogic        Hayes

Sinclair

Not the most confidence inspiring, if that's the lineup then I would be happy with a 2 goal home win.

33 minutes ago, Henke said:

I grudge giving us the money for all these qualifiers they should all be free on yer ST like the linfield game il wait until we reach the group stages of the CL/EL before I go to another European match

:lol: Ya miser, orrrrr you got binned along with the est of the muppets for the next two games. :P

[emoji38] Ya miser, orrrrr you got binned along with the est of the muppets for the next two games. [emoji14]

Jackpot HB

I'm nervous as f**k for tomorrow. Our support is vastly under rating Rosenborg. Hope we can take a 2-0 lead over there

Just now, Tartantony said:

Jackpot HB

I'm nervous as f**k for tomorrow. Our support is vastly under rating Rosenborg. Hope we can take a 2-0 lead over there

Hopefully our strength and depth in the squad is more than capable of getting the home win Celtic need along with a clean sheet. You're right though!, a bit nervous myself.

I take comfort the resident **** will be logged in ready to pounce on the thread when Celtic score and show support to a Scottish team up against all the odds playing tougher competition than Progres. :lol: c***s will be hovering ready for a lolathon if things go badly. :lol: Anyone but Celtic. :lol:

2 minutes ago, Henke said:

na I'm just a greeting faced c**t these days,done my fair share of qualifiers against a load of shite through the yrs,il wait until we play the big boys in the CL/EL,need to renew my passport aswell my wee pal is chinning me to go to a Euro away game,fancy a German or Turkish team

Go to the home games until your passport has been renewed, oh? wait a minute? you've been binned for two games haven't you? :rolleyes::lol:

To the majority of Celtic fans on here, (who were perfectly reasoned and logical), good luck for tonight. You were light years ahead of us but it was a great experience for our players and will hopefully help them to improve and have a decent domestic season. Celtic really are a very slick outfit and their movement and passing was top drawer.

9 minutes ago, Audaces Fortuna Juvat said:

To the majority of Celtic fans on here, (who were perfectly reasoned and logical), good luck for tonight. You were light years ahead of us but it was a great experience for our players and will hopefully help them to improve and have a decent domestic season. Celtic really are a very slick outfit and their movement and passing was top drawer.

Did Linfield make any profit out the Celtic game?

1 hour ago, Glenconner said:

Did Linfield make any profit out the Celtic game?

Im sure somebody was calling it a million pound game for them after tv money etc, doubt it worked out that after Celtic declined tickets as it would have easily have been a sell out.

18 hours ago, The OP said:

Would still be content with that going by Killie fans rave reviews on Ajer last season. Where are you seeing about Gamboa being injured? Would be handy for the bench at the very least.

Wouldn't be surprised if Rodgers plays a back 3 of Tierney/Jozo/Lustig (he's been training Tierney for this position apparently, and Lustig is more than competent) and playing Brown at the bottom of a midfield diamond to bolster.

Something like...

Gordon

Lustig         Jozo     Tierney

Brown

Ntcham      Armstrong

Forrest                   Rogic                  Hayes

Sinclair

McGregor, Kouassi, Benyu to replace Armstrong, Rogic and Forrest after 60-75mins..

4 minutes ago, Mik said:

Wouldn't be surprised if Rodgers plays a back 3 of Tierney/Jozo/Lustig (he's been training Tierney for this position apparently, and Lustig is more than competent) and playing Brown at the bottom of a midfield diamond to bolster.

Something like...

Gordon

Brown

Ntcham      Armstrong

Sinclair

McGregor, Kouassi, Benyu to replace Armstrong, Rogic and Forrest after 60-75mins..

I wouldnt be one to go changing a formation without testing it a bit more for such an important match but thats quite an impressive looking team given our injuries. Quite a rapid front three with Rogic able to feed off anything around the round the box.Im sold. 

32 minutes ago, Mik said:

Something like...

Gordon

Brown

Ntcham      Armstrong

Sinclair

Biton played at centre-half in the lyon game 

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

Would still be content with that going by Killie fans rave reviews on Ajer last season. Where are you seeing about Gamboa being injured? Would be handy for the bench at the very least.

I think I just saw it on a forum but from a quick google search The Sun are reporting he is ruled out through injury. Think he tore a muscle on international duty in June. 

Archived