Sports that you don't consider sports

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rugby wi' pads is pish. It's the equivalent of long ball football 90% of the time. Just throw it as far as possible and hope our wee boy has escaped their big fat boy.

Corner backs/Safeties and Linebackers are anything but big fat boys tbh.

I think we can all just agree that American Rugby is shite. Its abysmally boring and for people of extremely low intelligence but on a technicality it has to be considered a sport in the same way that a jaffa cake is considered a cake (ie in name only).

It is not a sport!*
Even on a technicality.

*Even if the technicality on my side of the argument is that it infuriates Lichtie

Depends if you're talking about shot put or 10,000 metres or the cover model for Gay Times

Neither. I'm talking about stereotypical body types. Anyway, were detracting from whether thon American rugby is a sport or not. It's not. It's just chucking a stupid ball as far as possible. More luck involved than skill.

34 minutes ago, NorthernJambo said:

Neither. I'm talking about stereotypical body types. Anyway, were detracting from whether thon American rugby is a sport or not. It's not. It's just chucking a stupid ball as far as possible. More luck involved than skill.

You do all codes of Rugby a disservice by your comment

For starters all Rugby players have to be able to do not only throwing but also catching making them already twice as skilled as their American football equivalents

That said a top NFL quarterback can throw something extremely accurately under high pressure conditions so is the equivalent of a good darts player so maybe you're being a bit too harsh.

Although unlike Darts players they don't need to do any sums 

You do all codes of Rugby a disservice by your comment
For starters all Rugby players have to be able to do not only throwing but also catching making them already twice as skilled as their American football equivalents
That said a top NFL quarterback can throw something extremely accurately under high pressure conditions so is the equivalent of a good darts player so maybe you're being a bit too harsh.
Although unlike Darts players they don't need to do any sums 

I've no beef with traditional rugby. If blokes from Yorkshire want to roll around in the mud with each other then who am I to stop them.
And there we have it, American rugby is less of a sport than darts (which is a pub game). Sorted.

Archived