IV - The Glorious Hamilton Accies 2017/2018 Forum

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, RangersScotland18 said:

Well done on staying up, Canning again doing miracles with the smallest budget.

We stayed up but 33 points is shocking tbh. 

Canning should walk and leave on a high.

Next season (assuming the we don't blow our 13 goal advantage) we definitely need 3 new defenders minimum, our defence has been diabolical next season and if it wasn't for the amount of goals we've scored we'd dead last by a distance.

Tomas started to pick up, but has reverted back to mediocre shite.

Sarris having one good game in twenty is no where near acceptable.

Lyon and McMann looked lost and are out of position most of the time.

VDW has been debatable, maybe give him a slight pass, but that is probably more down to how shite the others have been.

Nothing really needs said about Imrie.

It's incredibly unlikely our current performance this season will see us safe again, so it's vital we put together a defence that can actually keep the ball out of the net.

Our Midfield and Attack while not great, i think can be built on, obviously Templeton is a huge factor. 

6 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Accies world is the worst website ever. People saying we could have been top half if we could defend. Lol wow.

You have the worst 'goals against' in the league.  He has a point.

7 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

You have the worst 'goals against' in the league.  He has a point.

Yes, and if we won every game, we'd have won the league. 

7 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Can we assume Want has done a Ferguson due to him not being in the squad tonight?

Was there any explanation from Accies' Twitter?

I don't mind Want: he's tall, quick and alright on the ball. His decision making can be dreadful, but hopefully that'll get better with experience. 

I was reminded last night about Ronnie saying at the forum, "I'll try and not sell Ferguson too early." :( 

List of squad confirmed for next season:

Goalkeepers:

• Ryan Fulton
  • Gary Woods

Full/wing-backs:

• Dougie Imrie
  • Scott McMann

Centre-backs:

• Alex Garcia (End of loan at Marbella)
  • Alex Gogic
  • Ben Stanger (End of loan at Stirling Albion)

Central midfielders:

• Ronan Hughes
  • Ross Jenkins
  • Darren Lyon
  • Darian MacKinnon

Wingers:

• Ross Cunningham
  • Mickel Miller

Strikers:

• Rakish Bingham
  • Steven Boyd (End of loan at Livingston)
  • Marios Ogkmpoe
  • Antonio Rojano
  • Ryan Tierney

I'd imagine some of those out of contract will re-sign, and I think Boyd and Tierney could get released. Maybe also Rojano. 

We need a new defence, a couple of attacking midfielders (we're losing three this summer), and a striker will probably be signed for a laugh. 

4 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Boyd and Tierney could get released.

Boyd has always seemed a good talent. Think he could still make it at this level? He is a bit older than I thought tbh.

12 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Can we assume Want has done a Ferguson due to him not being in the squad tonight?

I spoke to Shaun Want outside the ground;he was injured and loves playing for Accies and has plenty friends who are big Accies fans-some of which were with him.

31 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

I'd be surprised if Boyd gets released. Can't imagine he's on a lot of money and Canning seems to rate him. Who know though?

The Livi fans on here weren't exactly glowing in their praise of him right enough.

Gonna sound like the We Are Hamilton Twitter account, but not from what I've heard. 

2 minutes ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

I spoke to Shaun Want outside the ground;he was injured and loves playing for Accies and has plenty friends who are big Accies fans-some of which were with him.

Good to hear. We'll hopefully tie him up soon. 

I definitely think there's a player there in Miller. He has relly quick feet and like Temps not afraid to take a player on. Great delivery last night for Dougie's goal. Given a run in the team, then who knows, he might turn out to be a rsal find.

Stanger looks a decent player but is still young. Others from the 20's who could be ready for the step up are Cunningham, Hughes and Breen.  My favourite player in the 20's is the left back, Leon McCann who is very young but is a terrific prospect. Of the senior players, I'd chase Jenkins who is an absolute impostor. Never plays a forward pass and can play full matches and you would not notice he was there. Tomas for a big guy is too easily bullied by big physical forwards and i wouldn't miss him. Bingham just isn't good enough. Miller is a player I like and I think he will make an impact next season. 

Archived