IV - The Glorious Hamilton Accies 2017/2018 Forum

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, d_t_b said:

2014, no question. As mentioned that Motherwell, Celtic, Aberdeen run was unbelievable.

Still wonder what would have happened if Alex Neil hadn't left :(

Genuinely think it would have been us that finished 3rd not ICT.

Genuinely think it would have been us that finished 3rd not ICT.

We were already beginning to falter when Neil left, and teams began to find us out. Our away form between beating Celtic and St Johnstone was pretty poor, too. Think we only beat Ross County in that time. Still, we would've easily finished top 6 which would've been a great achievement.

The highlight (aka the only thing to happen) of our pre-season has been the Twitter "beef" between Accies and some c**t who pretends to be American on Twitter, making up deliberately shite football chants. That's how dull this has been.

Brophy and Woods away.

Brophy is pretty shite so not too fussed will no doubt do an Andy Ryan so good luck to him.

Woods was a solid keeper disappointed we've let him go.

Brophy was offered a deal so must have something else lined up which surprises me as he has been rank rotten.

Woods was decent but reckon we can get better.

I realise I'm in the minority, but I thought Matthews was the far superior keeper to Woods. Still, would have been a decent option for next season.

Have to agree. Reni better all round keeper. Woods is a decent shot stopper but never seemed to be able to hold onto the ball. Brophy wasn't happy with the way Canning was using him so best for both parties that he moves on.

It's look like we'll be battling it out for the prestigious title of "Least Organised Club of the Year", being the only two senior clubs in Scotland not to have made a single signing.

I would imagine we're the bookies favourite at the moment on the basis we don't have a manger, but you never know.

Shame to see another once promising player leave the club after a disappointing few seasons but can't say I'd have been bothered about keeping Brophy. Good luck to him, will probably do better elsewhere than he did with us.

Frustrating although not surprising to see the tumbleweed rolling up at NDP. Maybe we're doing a lot of cloak and dagger stuff behind the scenes, bear in mind the club doesn't like to keep fans informed until we're at the point of organising boycotts or leaving in droves. Really need to do something soon though because once again, the OUTs are coming thick and fast and the INs are nowhere to be seen.

Diamond Oracle, you've signed Elton John who is probably a better player than what we will drag in.

I thought there wasn't much to choose between Matthews and Woods although I only went to two away games so I'm going by TV highlights for all the other games. We only really had two clangers all season -  Matthews at Motherwell for their second goal, so an important error and Woods at Tynecastle for their fourth which didn't matter and he'd played a blinder up to that point. Maybe Woods wanted to leave after playing second fiddle for the last dozen or so games. He was a more imposing figure than the skinnier Matthews and I'm sorry to see him go. We'll probably have to look down south for a replacement as there doesn't seem to be many decent Scottish options out there.

Not bothered about Brophy though we now have only one striker. Leaves us with memories of a few cracking goals - Partick, Celtic and Killie. Best of luck to him.

Archived