IV - The Glorious Hamilton Accies 2017/2018 Forum

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, FuzzyBear said:

How does a volunteer have the facility to give away £1M.

From what I gathered, we can't afford to pay full-time staff to handle these kind of things and there are volunteers throughout the club handling many matters. There were many payments made under the banner of "Dougie Imrie" (insert joke about him being a wage thief) which would show up on RBS's system, making it look less conspicuous. Ronnie also said he thinks an employee at RBS has seen that there was £1m in the account and wanted a piece of it. 

Just now, CambieBud said:

Nothing can be done nationally about offensive singing”

Explain please!

Celtic and Rangers wouldn't agree to sanctions. Accies would get fined if the authorities found out that they were singing "cultural songs".

2 minutes ago, CambieBud said:

Nothing can be done nationally about offensive singing”

Explain please!

Need 11/12 Premiership clubs & 75% of clubs from the Championship, League 1 & 2 to agree to these sanctions.

Rangers & Celtic both won't agree so that's it voted down already. 

Celtic and Rangers wouldn't agree to sanctions. Accies would get fined if the authorities found out that they were singing "cultural songs".

I don’t apologise for going on about this. Obviously the bigot brothers won’t agree, but if the SFA take action then they would be outvoted by the rest of the membership. What could they do about it?

1 minute ago, CambieBud said:

I don’t apologise for going on about this. Obviously the bigot brothers won’t agree, but if the SFA take action then they would be outvoted by the rest of the membership. What could they do about it?

Ask Ronnie MacDonald.

Beware: he might give you a stern stare.

They could therefore maybe be sanctioned if this was voted up by SFA members.

However they could only be fined in Scottish Cup matches.

Premiership & League Cup they can remain untouched.

Just now, Im_Rodger said:

They could therefore maybe be sanctioned if this was voted up by SFA members.

However they could only be fined in Scottish Cup matches.

Premiership & League Cup they can remain untouched.

I'm not sure how SFA membership votes work so it might be as straight forward as I put it.

If a vote was forced, would Sevco and Celtic really publicly vote against this? They would be shown for the bigots we all know they are.
Sorry for jumping on your thread, I am delighted your club is not in financial trouble.

From a financial viewpoint of Rangers and Celtic.

They would be mad to vote for fines/points deductions.

They will both probably come up with a clever statement and try to bury it as far down as they can. 

Just now, Im_Rodger said:

From a financial viewpoint of Rangers and Celtic.

They would be mad to vote for fines/points deductions.

They will both probably come up with a clever statement and try to bury it as far down as they can. 

Bad press is temporary but constant fines and point deductions aren't. That is how they will see it.

Anyway time for a cider. 

Unlucky RoP (Rest of Premiership)

Our great club is not dying anytime soon. 

Dundee 2-0 Accies

That isn't a scoreline.

That's how many administrations Dundee have had compared to us. 

2 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Some good questions tonight. I don't think any fell into the "throw-in" category, and it was good to see a blend of positive and negative fans. 

Although the website is still utter shit. 

Agreed.

Good forum, a lot of questions answered re: the inner workings of the club. The volunteer bit was alarming but Ronnie explained that most of our staff are volunteers and this particular person has been doing that role for 15 years.

Obv we have a lot of problems on the pitch which cannot really be discussed without Canning there.

Great summary Rodge. Main thing for me is that we are nowhere near administration, as STV had suggested.

Communication good and pretty open tonight. If the club could continue to actively engage with fans in that manner through statements, social media etc then relations would be a lot less strained.

Archived