IV - The Glorious Hamilton Accies 2017/2018 Forum

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"The bank is confident that there has been no breakdown in our security procedures in regards to this scam and that no unauthorised persons were able to gain access to any of the club's banking facilities.

"All payments were keyed and approved by the authorised user of the club's account.

"The bank contacted HAFC to question the transactions on two separate occasions and the customer instructed the bank to continue with the payments.

In what way, shape or form are RBS liable?

4 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

"The bank is confident that there has been no breakdown in our security procedures in regards to this scam and that no unauthorised persons were able to gain access to any of the club's banking facilities.

"All payments were keyed and approved by the authorised user of the club's account.

"The bank contacted HAFC to question the transactions on two separate occasions and the customer instructed the bank to continue with the payments.

In what way, shape or form are RBS liable?

I'm no legal expert, but I did watch That's Life religiously back in the day.  Based on that and an extensive study of the rulings of Judge Judy, I'd say we're utterly fucked here.

2 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

Hardly RBS's fault that they've hired a fucking moron.

Astonishing reading.

Moron is solely for the use of people of Dundee heritage, we have lost some money which was ours, your club went into administration for replicating the club that died in 2012 by spending money you didn't have.

1 minute ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Brutal reading.

Worrying to hear Ronnie discussing Administration.

If we enter administration we are finished, I'm not too Itk about the grounds for entering administration, but I think you need to owe money for this to be the case, according to the statements I have read the club has no debt, so that kind of contradicts Ronnie mentioning administration.

3 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

I'm not, they were probably involved in it. If the club didn't employ crooks and wanna be gangsters like Colin McGowan this probably wouldn't have happened. They've fell for a vishing scam to do that in this day and age you deserve everything you get.

If I could have given you ten likes I would have. Shady people who see nothing amiss in having a convicted fraudster and former gangster look after the interests of most of their young players. And he often sits in the directors box. I wouldn't give Accies, under these folk, the steam off my piss.

1 minute ago, FuzzyBear said:

We will be in debt to Les and Ronnie.

Ok so by entering administration, whichever company delivers that services priority is to accrue the best settlement with the debtors, if we have no money what is going to be offered    0 pence in the pound ?

I have very limited knowledge of solvency matters but I don't think Ronnie would take us into administration to recoup little of his money, in the knowledge that if we do enter administration with no fluid cash the club will be liquidated.

Our club has overcome many periods of financial uncertainty previously if Ronnie decides he can't sustain the personal loss he has underwent since the fraud then we as a club will experience the same fate as Clydebank & Gretna to name a few and disappear from the Scottish senior game.

4 hours ago, cilitbang said:

I actually feel sorry for the employee responsible for falling for this, they have single handedly fucked Accies long dick style

I have no sympathy at all, they're clearly a fucking idiot.

Clearly an idiot or now have a %age of £989k under their mattress.

Stv's breakdown of what happened is barely believable. One member of staff has sole responsibility for all banking yet cheques over £1500 need 2 directors signatures.

The whole thing stinks.

17 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

Clearly an idiot or now have a %age of £989k under their mattress.

Stv's breakdown of what happened is barely believable. One member of staff has sole responsibility for all banking yet cheques over £1500 need 2 directors sugnatures.

The whole think stinks.

This actually brings RBS's security into question, how can a cheque for over £1,500 require two signatures but the transfer of almost £1 million be achievable with 2 phone calls to 1 individual, this will undoubtedly be the club's line of thought for pressing ahead with the court case.

This actually brings RBS's security into question, how can a cheque for over £1,500 require two signatures but the transfer of almost £1 million be achievable with 2 phone calls to 1 individual, this will undoubtedly be the club's line of thought for pressing ahead with the court case.

Err...because those will be the conditions of the bank mandate that Accies requested?

10 minutes ago, Mediocre Pundit said:

Err...because those will be the conditions of the bank mandate that Accies requested?

The two-signature mandate for cheques probably preceded Hamilton going on to RBS's Bankline system.  

My firm uses Bankline.  I've said it before on here but RBS offer plenty training on dealing with scams like vishing.  It's astonishing that this has happened.

Archived