Scottish Final Predictions

TNW

Thanks Gibbo mate. 

Great achievement to get promoted and get to both major finals. 

In regards to the standard of the game, like most I agree it wasn't a great standard. There are many contributing factors to that, I think amateurs players in general struggle on a park that size. It was extremely dry and difficult to play on and it's a nervous occasion. I have been to many Scottish cup finals I can't think of any that have been a footballing spectical or reflective of the standard or ability in each side. It's just about finding a way to win the game. 

I think great credit should go to Thomas and the SAFA for organising the Scottish at Hampden it's a fantastic day for amateurs clubs to be part of. 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, dr lector said:

Well done to mick and colville . Hopefully a bit of better luck in the big Scottish and they will go a couple of rounds

Cheers mate, hopefully we can make a bit of an impact this season and represent amateur football 

38 minutes ago, Michael Kennedy said:

Thanks Gibbo mate. 

Great achievement to get promoted and get to both major finals. 

In regards to the standard of the game, like most I agree it wasn't a great standard. There are many contributing factors to that, I think amateurs players in general struggle on a park that size. It was extremely dry and difficult to play on and it's a nervous occasion. I have been to many Scottish cup finals I can't think of any that have been a footballing spectical or reflective of the standard or ability in each side. It's just about finding a way to win the game. 

I think great credit should go to Thomas and the SAFA for organising the Scottish at Hampden it's a fantastic day for amateurs clubs to be part of. 

Agree 100%  Michael, nerves always kick in on these MASSIVE occasions, knowing most of the lads on show from both sides , it did not reflect their ability, all the best for next season and congratulations on what is a great achievement. Heart goes out to the Southside lads a bit, but heads up boys on what has been an outstanding season from a team not long founded.

Agree 100%  Michael, nerves always kick in on these MASSIVE occasions, knowing most of the lads on show from both sides , it did not reflect their ability, all the best for next season and congratulations on what is a great achievement. Heart goes out to the Southside lads a bit, but heads up boys on what has been an outstanding season from a team not long founded.

Cheers mate [emoji106]

Went along to watch this final. I will never get that 90 mins back. Pathetic from both teams. Keepers never had a save to make. 

Pathetic is a bit harsh . Both teams earned there right to play in the game . Every team wants to go to hampden and play as good as they can , but in reality your playing a team who want it as much as you with just as much ability ... sorry it didn't satisfy your expectations , it is amateur football after all

3 hours ago, Michael Kennedy said:

I also want to give a special mention to the ref yesterday and his team. Thought he was brilliant, one of the top referees in the country. I never heard players speak so highly of a referee 

Someone at game said yest hes from lanarkshire?  Mick do you know him WELL??? 

Only jesting he is a good ref.....not sure about top in country.

Thought colville got benefit of doubt quite a few times yesterday. 

Congratulations on the win. Deserved.

11 minutes ago, List_of_Jericho said:

Well done to Colville and all the best in the Senior Scottish Cup.

Keep forgetting about that what a prize that is.

1 hour ago, TNW said:

Someone at game said yest hes from lanarkshire?  Mick do you know him WELL??? 

Only jesting he is a good ref.....not sure about top in country.

Thought colville got benefit of doubt quite a few times yesterday. 

Congratulations on the win. Deserved.

I know him aswell as every other ref in the country from moaning at them in my playing days. 

Just my opinion. 

I'm going for colville

Getting beat in 2 major finals would be a right boot in the balls [emoji85]

Getting beat in two major finals was a kick in the balls but a great effort from everyone of my players. To achieve promotion was our priority and we achieved that without loosing a game, we now build and freshen the squad up for next season.

All the best to michael and colville another great year for both manager and team.

I also want to give a special mention to the ref yesterday and his team. Thought he was brilliant, one of the top referees in the country. I never heard players speak so highly of a referee 

Agree Mick one of the best refs at our level, one you can speak to and treats players with respect [emoji106]

Big gilchrist is up there with the best of them , cup finals rarely make for good viewing and nerves play a big part in that. Colville know how to get the job done. Big commiserations to Southside takes a mammoth effort to win your league as well as reaching the final of both majors. Didn't get the job done but should be very proud of your achievements this year.

44 minutes ago, Michael Kennedy said:

I know him aswell as every other ref in the country from moaning at them in my playing days. 

Just my opinion. 

Lol fair enough

I just wanted to thank everyone connected with Colville, the committee, the players and my back room team. It takes a significant amount of planning and commitment to run the club as professionally as we do, I have high standards and continually challenge them to push it forward and they support me. 

Especially my players we get a lot of stick, but what they have achieved since I have taken over is truly remarkable, the commitment, dedication and passion they have shown over the last two years has been some achievement. People from the outside will recognise their quality but not the their dedication to myself, the club and each other. 

When I set out in my journey as a young inexperienced manager, I wanted to create a culture of professionalism, and an environment that was a family within a football club were is was about the group and not about individuals, they are a truly remarkable group of people. Having the success we have had has been extra special because of them.

We will look to win our remaining games, them rest hopefully add some more quality to the club and hopefully we can challenge again next season. 

Well done Mick [emoji122]????[emoji122]????[emoji122]????[emoji122]????[emoji122]????[emoji122]????ref wasn't the best IMO and linesman was worst [emoji85][emoji85][emoji85][emoji85]but can't blame them. league should be good next season [emoji106]????

Archived